PDA

View Full Version : 3rd round pick for Kirk Morrison?

psubills62
03-03-2010, 08:51 PM
He's been playing in Oakland's 4-3 defense, but they tendered him at the low level, meaning we'd have to give up a third rounder for him. Very, very productive LB who could probably play ILB for us. Opinions?

The Raiders have extended an original pick tender to restricted free agent MLB Kirk Morrison.

The Raiders really want someone to sign Morrison; they could've tendered him for almost the same price ($2.5 million) at the round-two level. Oakland has never been satisfied with Morrison's play in the middle, despite the fact that he's annually among the NFL's tackle leaders. Al Davis apparently blames him for the team's longtime inability to stop the run. Morrison figures to garner some interest as a 28-year-old former third-round pick.

According to Daniel Jeremiah of MovingTheSticks.com, restricted free agent MLB Kirk Morrison is generating "a lot of buzz around the league" after the Raiders tendered him at the mere original pick level.

"Someone will give up a (third-rounder) for him," Jeremiah states. Highly athletic and productive, Morrison could probably play any of the three linebacker positions. He's been Oakland's Mike 'backer for the last five years.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3289

Bert102176
03-04-2010, 09:26 AM
were not running a 4-3 anymore, but who knows and he is a good player

psubills62
03-04-2010, 10:32 AM
were not running a 4-3 anymore, but who knows and he is a good player

I don't know much about his strengths/weaknesses, but from the stats he would appear to have a little pass-rushing ability. I think he'd be a better fit at ILB than most guys on our roster.

elltrain22
03-04-2010, 07:49 PM
I've been a fan of his since he played at San Diego St, so naturally you know what I think. I don't care if he's been a 4-3 lb, I think he'd be a great signing, but I'm not getting my hopes up to it happening.

tampabay25690
03-04-2010, 08:07 PM
I would do it........
Good player for a 3rd round pick to give up.
Would help our Run defense right away.