PDA

View Full Version : What's everyone doing for free agency?

BillsWin
03-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Last year was wild. I must have went through 3-4 pots of coffee and stayed up that entire night/morning.

New Regime makes this year a little more exciting.

So, what are your yearly rituals?

Some of you go to bed and not think about it.
Some of you try to go to bed and try not to think about it.
Some of you hit refresh religiously on various websites.
Some of you never get off the message boards.

So, what is it? :handball:

tampabay25690
03-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Well I will go to bed at normal time.
Wake up at 6:30 am head to the lanai drink coffee and open my laptop and see what the BILLS didnt do over nite.

G Wolly
03-03-2010, 09:37 PM
I'll continue on with my life until I see the on-field results and proceed to be disappointed again.

mrbojanglezs
03-03-2010, 09:53 PM
get the sleep check first thing in the morning around 9 am

psubills62
03-03-2010, 09:55 PM
I'll probably stay up until 1 or 2 a.m., until I finally realize that nothing will happen until later Saturday. Then I'll go to sleep and keep an eye on rotoworld.com and BZ all day long.

BillsWin
03-03-2010, 09:56 PM
get the sleep check first thing in the morning around 9 am

Sounds about right.

The recent lack luster front office at OBD has made free agency pretty boring.

I am hoping this new regime figures out that they have a lot of needs and an uncapped year takes a lot of talent off the table.

psubills62
03-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Sounds about right.

The recent lack luster front office at OBD has made free agency pretty boring.

I am hoping this new regime figures out that they have a lot of needs and an uncapped year takes a lot of talent off the table.

Honestly...I know what Gailey said about building through the draft, but we have a LOT of holes to fill on this roster. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of our depth come from free agency. They can't fill the roster with one draft, even if we do have 9 picks.

I have a feeling they'll be relatively active with regards to quantity of players, but not quality. I doubt they'll be trying to outbid any other teams.

patmoran2006
03-04-2010, 06:54 AM
This isn't going to be like past FA seasons with all these RFA's and a lack of strong UFAs.

Signings are going to be much slower as teams figure out what they're going to do, especially Buffalo.

Seriously, I wouldnt lose sleep over the first day.

tampabay25690
03-04-2010, 06:57 AM
One of the names I see on the move fast is Julius Peppers

Jan Reimers
03-04-2010, 07:03 AM
I stopped waiting up for Santa years and years ago.

realdealryan
03-04-2010, 07:09 AM
This isn't going to be like past FA seasons with all these RFA's and a lack of strong UFAs.

Signings are going to be much slower as teams figure out what they're going to do, especially Buffalo.

Seriously, I wouldnt lose sleep over the first day.

Everyone is saying we'll see a ton of trades; I'm guessing those will be slow coming as teams wait for every last offer.

cocamide
03-04-2010, 07:18 AM
I honestly can't say I'm excited at all about FA. I'll probably forget that it even started.

I am very excited about the draft though.

Mahdi
03-04-2010, 07:24 AM
FA is opening on March 5th. So is that tonight at midnight? Or Friday midnight (Sat Morn?)

DraftBoy
03-04-2010, 07:29 AM
FA is opening on March 5th. So is that tonight at midnight? Or Friday midnight (Sat Morn?)

Its tonight at midnight.

As for me, Ill be up for about 30-45 mins then head to bed for the night. Get up tomorrow around 6 and check the news.

Mahdi
03-04-2010, 07:34 AM
Its tonight at midnight.

As for me, Ill be up for about 30-45 mins then head to bed for the night. Get up tomorrow around 6 and check the news.
Thanks...

I'll be doing the same thing. I think the only news that will come out early is news on Peppers and Dunta Robinson, maybe Dansby also.

Night Train
03-04-2010, 08:09 AM
We'll read about a player or 2 who may wish to visit the Bills after a few days, I'm guessing.

Hard to see any quick signings in Buffalo.

Luisito23
03-04-2010, 08:19 AM
I woke up very early today, so I'll probably pass out early as well...I'll be here first thing in the morning though.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-04-2010, 08:22 AM
I dont expect to sign anyone till sunday or monday. So I wont lose any sleep over it, needless to say it will be interesting to see who will bring in for visits. I still think we overpay for someone but wont be a huge contract. Though I could see Nick Easion being a Bill by the end of the day friday.

elltrain22
03-04-2010, 08:26 AM
I'm going to hope for good things, but will probably end up being disappointed, as usual. Not gonna stay up or stay that close b/c I just don't wanna get my hopes up for nothing.

Bills Juggernaut
03-04-2010, 08:32 AM
I will be at the airport watching people as they get off the planes. Then I will start multiple threads about seeing X player get off a plane and that they must be in town for an interview.

Pinkerton Security
03-04-2010, 08:33 AM
Why lose sleep when we rarely ever make a big splash anyways? its not like we're ever out there signing big names at midnight on FA start..

SaviorEdwards
03-04-2010, 09:10 AM
Last year was wild. I must have went through 3-4 pots of coffee and stayed up that entire night/morning.

New Regime makes this year a little more exciting.

So, what are your yearly rituals?

Some of you go to bed and not think about it.
Some of you try to go to bed and try not to think about it.
Some of you hit refresh religiously on various websites.
Some of you never get off the message boards.

So, what is it? :handball:

Stay up until 3 or 4am watching the wires, hitting the refresh button a couple hundred times and complain about every player I think the Bills let slip through their fingers...hopefully espn has their real time FA feed going like they did last year. anyone else know any good links to watch the action?

Beebe's Kid
03-04-2010, 09:47 AM
I don't care, the Bills aren't going to do anything. Why waste another second of my life watching. This response is awesome. Especially from the people that post on here about 900 times a day.

I am up late every night, and my ritual has become to check the Zone before nodding off to nightmares of Trent being named the starter... so I will be checking, hoping. It will be the same optimism that has remained for twenty-something years.

Hell, maybe I'll even give the old T.O. jersey a final run.