PDA

View Full Version : Top three FA players we should and realistically could sign?

jpdex12
03-03-2010, 10:53 PM
WR-Antonio Bryant
TE- Ben Watson
QB-Chad Pennington

What's in your wallet?

Michael82
03-04-2010, 12:08 AM
Antonio Bryant will not come cheap. I'd love him, but I heard he wants to be paid like a #1. Not worth it!

SquishDaFish
03-04-2010, 03:10 AM
We dont really Need a TE IMO.

PECKERWOOD
03-04-2010, 04:27 AM
NT- Aubrayo Franklin
WR- Malcom Floyd
DE- Dwan Edwards

Hopefully we will cut Stroud and have Edwards/Franklin/Williams be our 3 down linemen.

Luisito23
03-04-2010, 05:15 AM
WR-Antonio Bryant
TE- Ben Watson
QB-Chad Pennington

No thank you!

Jan Reimers
03-04-2010, 07:01 AM
I just don't understand the interest in Chad Pennington. He is an old 34, oft-injured, and has as weak an arm as I have ever seen in an NFL QB. If we are to acquire a veteran QB, let it be a guy who at least has a chance of succeeding.

Mahdi
03-04-2010, 07:30 AM
NT- Aubrayo Franklin
WR- Malcom Floyd
DE- Dwan Edwards

Hopefully we will cut Stroud and have Edwards/Franklin/Williams be our 3 down linemen.
Franklin was franchised.

DraftBoy
03-04-2010, 07:34 AM
Franklin was franchised.

And Floyd has a 1st Round tender on him.

The Jokeman
03-04-2010, 07:42 AM
NT Kendrick Clancy
WR Bobby Wade
LB Larry Foote

DraftBoy
03-04-2010, 07:43 AM
WR Kassim Osgood
OT Cornell Green
LB Mike Vrabel

Mahdi
03-04-2010, 07:55 AM
WR Kassim Osgood
OT Cornell Green
LB Mike Vrabel
That's a lot of age.

Mahdi
03-04-2010, 08:03 AM
OG Rex Hadnot

OT Adam Terry

NT Junior Siavii

The Jokeman
03-04-2010, 09:29 AM
That's a lot of age.
With no salary cap all the prime FA are all restricted, so there are slim pickings at UFAs.

Ed
03-04-2010, 10:00 AM
NT- Aubrayo Franklin
WR- Malcom Floyd
DE- Dwan Edwards

We just gave Stroud an extension. Why would we cut him and why would you want to? We don't gain anything by getting rid of him.

Beebe's Kid
03-04-2010, 10:10 AM
That's a lot of age.

That's a lot of experience.

Dicknoze69
03-04-2010, 10:23 AM
I just don't understand the interest in Chad Pennington. He is an old 34, oft-injured, and has as weak an arm as I have ever seen in an NFL QB. If we are to acquire a veteran QB, let it be a guy who at least has a chance of succeeding.

1. Nick Eason
2. Bobby Wade
3. Artis Hicks
4. Chad Pennington

With Pennington, the Bills get a mentor and additional QB coach who provides efficient play while spreading the ball around, keeping drives alive, and puts some points on the board. He hits receivers that run their routes with timing and precision instead of throwing to just the first read or checking down for little gain. He gets rid of the ball quickly and provides the young OL a reliable player to block for. Most importantly, he begins the framework of providing a functional offense that a young QB can grow into.

If you start Trent, you run the risk (maybe significant risk) that Trent is the same QB as last year, which is probably the worst situation we could be in.

DraftBoy
03-04-2010, 10:36 AM
OG Rex Hadnot

OT Adam Terry

NT Junior Siavii

I think Terry is a RFA, I dont think he's been tendered yet though.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-04-2010, 10:41 AM
dwan edwards
joey porter
domenik hixon
matt wilhelm
jimmy kennedy

better days
03-04-2010, 01:14 PM
Antonio Bryant will not come cheap. I'd love him, but I heard he wants to be paid like a #1. Not worth it!

Not only does he want to be paid as a #1, but he will want a long term deal as he is getting older. He was tagged by the Buc's last year & made over $8 Million, so what did he do? He pulled a Jason Peters & dogged it all year. NO THANKS. What would be the point in spending that money on a WR anyway when the Bills don't have a QB yet to get him the Ball?

Mahdi
03-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Not only does he want to be paid as a #1, but he will want a long term deal as he is getting older. He was tagged by the Buc's last year & made over $8 Million, so what did he do? He pulled a Jason Peters & dogged it all year. NO THANKS. What would be the point in spending that money on a WR anyway when the Bills don't have a QB yet to get him the Ball?
Would rather throw Hardy and Johnson into the mix then sign Bryant.

I would love to draft Bryant though.

Philagape
03-04-2010, 03:59 PM
WR Kassim Osgood
OT Cornell Green
LB Mike Vrabel

Chiefs re-signed Vrabel today

Midwesternbillsfan
03-04-2010, 04:02 PM
NT Jamal Williams (Plausible now, anyway. And I don't need to say anything about the need at nose)

OT Artis Hicks (Tony Pashos if he has ANYTHNG left; just somebody to serve as a serviceable stop-gap RT while Meredith, Bell, or a mid-round or late-round pick develops and can then step in at RT)

WR Bobby Wade (Merely to fill Reed's slot role; give Hardy and Johnson the opportunity to compete for #2 and see if Hardy's draft spot (in particular) is salvageable)