PDA

View Full Version : Ill be at the UGA and GT Pro Days!

DraftBoy
03-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Covering them for Draft Nasty!

Hoping to get a good look at Jeff Owens, Kade Weston, Roderick Battle, Derrick Morgan, Demayrius Thomas, and Jonathan Dwyer.

LtFinFan66
03-04-2010, 10:10 AM
cool!! enjoy

Mahdi
03-04-2010, 10:33 AM

Hoping to get a good look at Jeff Owens, Kade Weston, Roderick Battle, Derrick Morgan, Demayrius Thomas, and Jonathan Dwyer.
Atkins, Curran, Reshad Jones and Morgan Burnett could be second day guys.

DraftBoy
03-04-2010, 10:37 AM
Atkins, Curran, Reshad Jones and Morgan Burnett could be second day guys.
I kinda like Atkins at a 3-4 DE prospect.

Jones is an interesting guy to replace Whitner and I dont think Curran could play SILB. I dont like Brunett at all, he takes horrible angles.

psubills62
03-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Since they probably aren't open to the public, I assume these are the first pro days you've been to?

Have fun!

DraftBoy
03-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Since they probably aren't open to the public, I assume these are the first pro days you've been to?

Have fun!

They are not open to the public, and yes it is.

I was actually just planning on going to one of the smaller school ones this year but they asked if I minded going to UGA and GT to scout, time, take video, and interview and I said of course I would. I think Im getting a press pass, not sure yet though.

jdbillsfan
03-04-2010, 12:35 PM

I'm a big fan of Demayrius Thomas. Doubt it would happen, but would be great to see him in Buffalo.

tampabay25690
03-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Nice DB enjoy

TigerJ
03-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Very cool!

Don't Panic
03-06-2010, 06:54 AM
Very cool... looking forward to hearing first hand observations of Dwyer and Thomas.

Buddo
03-07-2010, 05:58 AM
Is Thomas going to be able to work out?

WeAreArthurMoates
03-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Im extremely interested to see how Kade Watson performs.

DraftBoy
03-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Was not given access to the GT pro day today but I will be at UGA tomorrow, live Twittering. I have my stop watch, camera, and voice recorder with me so Ill have a full day of notes, pics, times, and hopefully maybe even some video of the workouts via my Iphone.

If you want to follow me and sned me tweets while Im at UGA Im @Matthewcelder , workouts start at 10am, Ill be tweeting starting around 8am until the workouts are done and its time to submit my report.

The Spaz
03-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Dwyer ran a 4.55. Morgan only worked on DL drills and apparently what I read is that he looked winded.

DraftBoy
03-15-2010, 02:30 PM
Dwyer ran a 4.55. Morgan only worked on DL drills and apparently what I read is that he looked winded.

Yea I got a connection through a guy at barrelofrum.blogspot.com

Who Im going to call today for some more details about the pro day, still pissed they denied me access but I should be able to go to the Spring Game so that's nice.

T-Long
03-15-2010, 03:44 PM
you're the man! Tell them you want to cover the draft in NYC with me!

DraftBoy
03-15-2010, 03:54 PM
you're the man! Tell them you want to cover the draft in NYC with me!

I told them, they laughed.

I think Corey Chavous is going to be on the NFL Network Coverage and they'll be putting the site under his name whenever he speaks.

DraftBoy
03-15-2010, 04:55 PM

A few tidbits from my contact;

Dwyer ran a 4.52 and 4.55
Morgan did NOT looked tired to him after the drills, he feels as though that report is false.
Morgan Burnett stole the show but Cord Howard was one of the best players.

Two teams intently were working out Morgan, Buffalo was not one of them. You'll have to check out Draft Nasty for the rest of the information once its posted later on.

DraftBoy
03-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Link to Draft Nasty Report on Georgia Tech Pro Day;
http://draftnasty.com/insider_blogs/john/georgia-tech-pro-day-results/

DraftBoy
03-16-2010, 07:54 AM
Got my coffee and Im on the way to Athens! Follow me on Twitter for instant results and Ill be posting the full results later today!

And because I care for you guys Im going to personally be timing the 10 yard splits. I'll have pics and hopefully a little video as well!

DraftBoy
03-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Im the man! I just got home from Athens Pro Day and I had the time of my life, sorry for those who followed me today on Twitter I did not post as much as I wanted to, because I was so busy talking to people.

UGA Pro Day numbers that will up later today will be;
Bench
Broad Jump
Vertical Jump
40yd Dash
10yd Split
3 Cone Drill

As well as some insights about how some of the prospects looked in position drills.

The following players worked out;
DT Geno Atkins
DT Jeff Owens
DT Kade Weston
DE Roderick Battle
OT Vince Vance
LB Darius Dewberry
LB Rennie Curran
WR Micheal Moore
CB Prince Miller
S Bryan Evans
S Reshad Jones

I also nabbed interviews with;
DT Kade Weston
WR Micheal Moore
OT Vince Vance

And have a more indepth interview planned with S Bryan Evans.

Ill post the link to the results tonight, and the interviews will be up tomorrow!

DraftBoy
03-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Some quick teasers for you guys though;

Jeff Owens is hysterical! He and I were joking around about his shoes before he ran his 40. He was wearing these extremely shiny silver shoes and I said to him that I liked his shoes and he laughed and said that you won't see any other lineman wearing kicks like these, he's a good guy. I asked him how many teams he's talked to and he said about 18. Asked to name a few and he said NYJ, and Jacksonville. Apparently Jacksonville has worked him out pretty hard by their DL coach. Spoken to both 4-3 and 3-4 teams and has been asked about playing the NT spot and he says the teams he has talked to believe he can do it.

The Buffalo Bills had nobody at this pro day, in total I saw 20 teams there;
Jacksonville
Miami
Seattle
Tennessee
Atlanta (HC Mike Smith and GM Thomas Dimitroff)
St. Louis
Houston
Tampa Bay
San Diego
Oakland
Arizona
Chicago
Indianapolis
New Orleans
Philadelphia
Carolina
Washington