PDA

View Full Version : Hardy selected as Bills Ed Block Courage Award recipient

shelby
03-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Congratulations!

The Buffalo Bills today announced that WR James Hardy was selected as the team’s Ed Block Courage Award winner. The Ed Block Courage Award is presented to the Buffalo Bills player who exemplifies a commitment to the principles of sportsmanship and courage. The recipient symbolizes professionalism, great strength, dedication and serves as a community role model for others.
Hardy will take part in the 32nd annual national Ed Block Courage Awards Foundation ceremony on March 9, 2010 at Martin’s West in Baltimore, MD and he will be honored with the 31 other award representatives from each NFL team.
Hardy suffered a torn knee ligament against the New York Jets (http://www.newyorkjets.com/) on December 14, 2008 which cut short his rookie NFL season. In 2009, Hardy spent the first eight weeks of the season on the Reserve/PUP list. He then spent the next six weeks of the season on the 53-man roster; however he was listed as inactive. After a rigorous year-long rehabilitation process, Hardy returned the field on December 27<sup>th</sup>, 2009 when the Bills faced the Atlanta Falcons (http://www.atlantafalcons.com/) in the Georgia Dome. In the fourth quarter, Hardy posted his first reception of the season for nine yards.
Off the field, Hardy has given a lot of his time to charitable endeavors in both the Buffalo community and his native hometown of Fort Wayne, IN. In 2008, Hardy along Bills S Donte Whitner volunteered their time Buffalo Bills United Way of Buffalo and Erie County Hometown Huddle at Southside Elementary School, participated in the announcement of 12,000 cans of Campbell’s Chunky Soup courtesy of Buffalo Bills fans everywhere being donated to the Food Bank of WNY, and appeared at the Bills and American Red Cross Blood drive. Hardy also created the “Homework with Hardy” program with the United Way to support after school programs, encourage academic progress, and provide a safe learning environment.

read more... (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Hardy-selected-as-Bills-Ed-Block-Courage-Award-recipient/565dd200-1b6d-4dac-9f4b-6f6392774d3e)

trapezeus
03-04-2010, 03:23 PM
He was awarded a pink gun which he gifted to his rapstar girlfriend.

Pinkerton Security
03-04-2010, 03:34 PM
really?????? i got this text and thought it was a joke for a second..

Ron Burgundy
03-04-2010, 03:54 PM
It wasn't announced officially, but he is also the latest recipient of the Mike Nugent Godawful 2nd Round Draft Pick Award.

Pinkerton Security
03-04-2010, 04:02 PM
It wasn't announced officially, but he is also the latest recipient of the Mike Nugent Godawful 2nd Round Draft Pick Award.

...and with the X pick in the 2nd round, the New York Jets SELECT!!....

(you see Jets fans holding each other in excitement..)

from Ohio State, Kicker, Mike Nugent!! (and you see the New york jets fans' disgusted, disappointed faces..)

one of my favorite video clips

SaviorEdwards
03-04-2010, 04:10 PM
How about the ted nugent 2nd amendment award. I think hardy is one of those right wing wack jobs :mad:

Ron Burgundy
03-04-2010, 04:46 PM
...and with the X pick in the 2nd round, the New York Jets SELECT!!....

(you see Jets fans holding each other in excitement..)

from Ohio State, Kicker, Mike Nugent!! (and you see the New york jets fans' disgusted, disappointed faces..)

one of my favorite video clips

I only met one person in my entire life that thought the Nugent pick was a good idea, and he was even a little pissed that we didn't get a shot at drafting him on the first day ourselves.

I don't want to name names, but his initials are Dr. Lecter.