X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gonzo1105
    • Jul 2002

Corey Williams traded to the Lions

I dont know what the compensation is for it but Corey Williams has been traded to the Lions apparently tonight. This really isn't a big deal for us but it makes things interesting for the draft as most people have thought that the Lions would take a DT at # 2 but with Williams it might change that. Frankly, I dont think it does but maybe.

• ChanGailey
    Veteran Zoner
    • Jan 2010

Re: Corey Williams traded to the Lions

Originally posted by gonzo1105
    I dont know what the compensation is for it but Corey Williams has been traded to the Lions apparently tonight. This really isn't a big deal for us but it makes things interesting for the draft as most people have thought that the Lions would take a DT at # 2 but with Williams it might change that. Frankly, I dont think it does but maybe.

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescriptio...k/Default.aspx
    I definately think it could. What's the point in going out of your way to trade for a position, if you plan on spending huge on it?

I think Detroit, most of any teams in recent years, wants to trade down. They just can't pay another rookie that huge slot.

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

That would be a very nice move for the Lions, especially if they manage to draft Suh. Having Suh at the one-tech and Williams at the three would really help their run defense.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Raptor
        • Jan 2009

Could have an affect but pairing Williams with McCoy or Suh I think would do wonders for Detroits D

or maybe they really like Okung

Comment

• Demon
          • Mar 2003

One of my buddies is a Browns fan told me earlier tonight that "Browns insiders" expect them to be very active. Then, Adam Caplan from scout and sirius said tonight keep a close eye out on Atlanta, Browns and Seattle tonight..... trading Williams for a pick would be their 12th draft pick. They must have some kind of big plans for the night.

Also, speaking of the Brownies, apparently they are close to trading a 6th round pick for Marc Bulger.
          Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

Working...
          X