PDA

View Full Version : Corey Williams traded to the Lions

gonzo1105
03-04-2010, 09:36 PM
I dont know what the compensation is for it but Corey Williams has been traded to the Lions apparently tonight. This really isn't a big deal for us but it makes things interesting for the draft as most people have thought that the Lions would take a DT at # 2 but with Williams it might change that. Frankly, I dont think it does but maybe.

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/3841/Sources--Browns-to-trade-DT-Corey-Williams-to-Lions-for-pick/Default.aspx

ChanGailey
03-04-2010, 09:45 PM
I dont know what the compensation is for it but Corey Williams has been traded to the Lions apparently tonight. This really isn't a big deal for us but it makes things interesting for the draft as most people have thought that the Lions would take a DT at # 2 but with Williams it might change that. Frankly, I dont think it does but maybe.

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/3841/Sources--Browns-to-trade-DT-Corey-Williams-to-Lions-for-pick/Default.aspx

I definately think it could. What's the point in going out of your way to trade for a position, if you plan on spending huge on it?

I think Detroit, most of any teams in recent years, wants to trade down. They just can't pay another rookie that huge slot.

psubills62
03-04-2010, 09:48 PM
That would be a very nice move for the Lions, especially if they manage to draft Suh. Having Suh at the one-tech and Williams at the three would really help their run defense.

Raptor
03-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Could have an affect but pairing Williams with McCoy or Suh I think would do wonders for Detroits D

or maybe they really like Okung

Demon
03-04-2010, 10:11 PM
One of my buddies is a Browns fan told me earlier tonight that "Browns insiders" expect them to be very active. Then, Adam Caplan from scout and sirius said tonight keep a close eye out on Atlanta, Browns and Seattle tonight..... trading Williams for a pick would be their 12th draft pick. They must have some kind of big plans for the night.

Also, speaking of the Brownies, apparently they are close to trading a 6th round pick for Marc Bulger.