PDA

View Full Version : Keep your eyes on Mawae. (possible source)

BillsWin
03-04-2010, 09:55 PM
A friend of mine who now works in Tennessee covering mainly the college football in the area for local radio and tv text me and said, Mawae to the Bills looks possible. there's interest.

How he would know that before free agency begins is beyond me. Nor do I know what "There's interest" means. He could be yanking my chain, but he's never tried that before.

Not saying anything is imminent, but its a cool bit of info.

New Ro's Greatest
03-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Where does Hangman go then? G maybe? Cut? GO BILLS:jig:

SABURZFAN
03-04-2010, 09:57 PM
the guy is older than dirt.

SABURZFAN
03-04-2010, 09:58 PM

RT???

The Spaz
03-04-2010, 09:59 PM
I know Mawae was good but is he now?

Dicknoze69
03-04-2010, 10:00 PM

Hangartner goes to Incognito's old spot.

Dicknoze69
03-04-2010, 10:00 PM
I know Mawae was good but is he now?

Pro Bowler last season, and he actually deserved it, so yes.

Demon
03-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Don Banks of SI mentioned this earlier today. I wonder if that's where your source got the info from. This was posted around 6pm via Banks. Anyways, i've heard several experts say he still has 1-2 very good years in him, only reason why he is leaving the Titans is due to a younger player who is ready to take over. A "youth movement" in Tennessee as they said it. Bills need a teacher on the O-Line. I think this would be a great move. The guy just made the pro-bowl 2 years ago i believe.

The Spaz
03-04-2010, 10:03 PM
He's 39 so we get a stop gap for a year? I didn't have a problem with Hangartner at center last year.

BillsWin
03-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the SI bit. I had never seen it. He hasn't texted me back yet when I asked him how he knows "there's interest". I'll let you know what's up ASAP.

Demon
03-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the SI bit. I had never seen it. He hasn't texted me back yet when I asked him how he knows "there's interest". I'll let you know what's up ASAP.

No problem. All the experts i've heard who say he is still a real good player for another year or two say he will go to a playoff team, so when Banks said Bills, i didn't really think much of it. Btw, Banks also mentioned Seattle to be after him.

T-Long
03-04-2010, 10:12 PM
he is exactly what this line needs...he would be a player and coach of them at the same time. This would be a great great great move by the FO.

Dicknoze69
03-04-2010, 10:14 PM
he is exactly what this line needs...he would be a player and coach of them at the same time. This would be a great great great move by the FO.

Agreed. We need players who know what it's like to excel in this league and show our young guys how to win.

patmoran2006
03-04-2010, 10:23 PM
Sorry, I don't see this happening at all.

Mahdi
03-04-2010, 10:28 PM
A friend of mine who now works in Tennessee covering mainly the college football in the area for local radio and tv text me and said, Mawae to the Bills looks possible. there's interest.

How he would know that before free agency begins is beyond me. Nor do I know what "There's interest" means. He could be yanking my chain, but he's never tried that before.

Not saying anything is imminent, but its a cool bit of info.
I wanted Mawae before he signed with the Titans. We settled on Fowler.

mrbojanglezs
03-04-2010, 10:46 PM
lol.....isnt he like 40

ChanGailey
03-04-2010, 10:47 PM
That would be a BS move. It would make me mad we didn't get him like 5 years ago when we could've.

Michael82
03-04-2010, 10:48 PM
I wouldn't mind Mawae, especially if he groomed Eric Wood to take over at center. But I don't see why we need him. What's wrong with Hangartner?

Mahdi
03-04-2010, 10:52 PM
I wouldn't mind Mawae, especially if he groomed Eric Wood to take over at center. But I don't see why we need him. What's wrong with Hangartner?
Not physical enough? Mawae is a scrapper.

Philagape
03-04-2010, 10:55 PM

It would be an improvement. In an uncapped year, that's all the reason a team needs.

PECKERWOOD
03-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Hangartner goes to Incognito's old spot.

Or RT.

DraftBoy
03-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Im not buying it, it doesnt make sense imo.

You sign Hang a year ago to have him sit on the bench this year? Unless Wood isn't really as healthy as we've been led to believe.

PECKERWOOD
03-04-2010, 11:05 PM

You sign Hang a year ago to have him sit on the bench this year? Unless Wood isn't really as healthy as we've been led to believe.

College career

Hangartner started 36 consecutive games at center and offensive lineman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offensive_lineman) for Texas A&M. As a senior in 2004, Hangartner moved from center to tackle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tackle_%28American_football%29), where he started all 12 contests. He was also a first-team All-Big 12 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_12) choice<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-0">[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoff_Hangartner#cite_note-0)</sup> and was selected to play in the Hula Bowl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hula_Bowl).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoff_Hangartner

Rookie/Levitre/Mawae/Wood/Hangartner

Philagape
03-05-2010, 10:47 AM
Redskins and Broncos interested in Mawae, per KFFL

patmoran2006
03-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Makes no sense to me, but I did just hear on ESPN FIRST TAKE that Seattle and Buffalo could be landing spots for him.

BillsWin
03-05-2010, 11:04 AM
He texted me back this morning. He says its just being tossed around on the local sports talk shows. He doesn't have a source.

BillsWin
03-05-2010, 11:05 AM
I don't know why he said "there's interest" if he didn't know more. I am sorry if I got anyones hopes up!

sven233
03-05-2010, 11:09 AM

What everyone needs to remember is that players like the Hangman were brought in by a different regime. Dick Jauron controlled most of the coming and goings and had a lot of the final say on players.

With Buddy now in charge and supposedly having final say on players, things could be very different. Chan and Buddy may have completely different ideas on how to run things and what players will fit their new system (at least I hope they have a different view). Hopefully, this will be the start of getting real football player in here instead of overrated, average to below average football players.

So, just because players have been brought in the last couple years under Dicky J and Guy, doesn't mean they have to stick around!!!!! Hopefully, there will be a lot of changeover in the next season or 2!

patmoran2006
03-05-2010, 11:10 AM
What everyone needs to remember is that players like the Hangman were brought in by a different regime. Dick Jauron controlled most of the coming and goings and had a lot of the final say on players.

With Buddy now in charge and supposedly having final say on players, things could be very different. Chan and Buddy may have completely different ideas on how to run things and what players will fit their new system (at least I hope they have a different view). Hopefully, this will be the start of getting real football player in here instead of overrated, average to below average football players.

So, just because players have been brought in the last couple years under Dicky J and Guy, doesn't mean they have to stick around!!!!! Hopefully, there will be a lot of changeover in the next season or 2!

Good post, and very true all over the football field, not just center.

Ron Burgundy
03-05-2010, 11:13 AM
I don't know why he said "there's interest" if he didn't know more. I am sorry if I got anyones hopes up!

It's okay, everyone posts this **** before they really think about or check it out.

Nobody's buying anybody's garbage about "sources."

It's just fun stuff to goof off with on a slow day.

sven233
03-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Good post, and very true all over the football field, not just center.

Yes.....I feel that really (within reason), no player is completely safe on this roster. This roster is loaded with Dicky J players and if most Bills fans realize that they are average to below average players, then we should hope that Buddy and Chan realize that there needs to be a lot of turnover as well.

Is there skill on this team? Sure there is. But there is a lot of dead weight as well that needs to go. Hopefully Buddy and Chan see this as well as I, and many Bills fans do. Time to start chopping players!

DBrown77
03-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Can we get a couple Tackles instead?

patmoran2006
03-05-2010, 11:38 AM
Well who knows about his source. But I heard with my own ears Buffalo mentioned as a possible landing spot for Mawae by a repoter on ESPN's first take just a hour ago (I never heard of her before that)

DraftBoy
03-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Well who knows about his source. But I heard with my own ears Buffalo mentioned as a possible landing spot for Mawae by a repoter on ESPN's first take just a hour ago (I never heard of her before that)

NFL Football Post is reporting he's looking at Denver and Washington, he wants to be a starter still.

FootballPost Report: Mawae considering Redskins, Broncos: Veteran still wants starting opportunity http://bit.ly/bSh0Mi

patmoran2006
03-05-2010, 12:12 PM
According to a report by Charean Williams on ESPN’s “First Take” show, the Buffalo Bills could be a potential suitor for free agent center Kevin Mawae.

Williams said that Mawae wants to start and that Seattle and Buffalo could be in play for the 17-year veteran.

She went on to say the Tennessee Titans want Mawae back but only in a backup role as a mentor for new starter LeRoy Harris. He’s started in Tennessee the past four years and the Titans won’t pony up starter money.

Mahdi
03-05-2010, 12:16 PM
NFL Football Post is reporting he's looking at Denver and Washington, he wants to be a starter still.

FootballPost Report: Mawae considering Redskins, Broncos: Veteran still wants starting opportunity http://bit.ly/bSh0Mi
Weird because Washington already re-signed Casey Rabach.

HAMMER
03-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Can the junior journalists please tone it down, your sources are NOT credible.

patmoran2006
03-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Its word for word a report from ESPN TV Show

The Jokeman
03-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Not physical enough? Mawae is a scrapper.
and he struggled with his shot gun snaps and if Gailey installs the Pistol then we might need get an upgrade over Hangartner.