PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Rogers available for trade

psubills62
03-04-2010, 10:57 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1819

The Browns have reportedly "made it known" that DT Shaun Rogers is available for trade.

Multiple sources are reporting that Rogers is available, and speculation has been rampant since NT Ahtyba Rubin emerged as a key run-stuffer down the stretch. Even at age 31, Rogers can be a difference-making talent, but he won't bring much in return with $6.9M due in 2010.

Depending on the price, would love to get Rogers.

ChanGailey
03-04-2010, 10:58 PM
As would I

PECKERWOOD
03-04-2010, 11:02 PM
Marshawn Lynch for Shaun Rodgers, straight up. Two talented players, both with character concerns.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-04-2010, 11:02 PM
give them our 6 and take it or leave it...

psubills62
03-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Marshawn Lynch for Shaun Rodgers, straight up. Two talented players, both with character concerns.

I was thinking Whitner plus a pick. The problem is that Rogers hasn't been in trouble for a while (and that was on the field, I believe), whereas Lynch has been in trouble consistently. I think the ideal trade would be a player and a pick.

Michael82
03-04-2010, 11:06 PM
He'd be a solid NT for us. I'm all for it!

Buffalogic
03-05-2010, 01:39 AM
Every time we lose to the browns he's a major reason why.

Jaybird
03-05-2010, 07:35 AM
The man eats up space, and we need that. FYI Ehitner has more value then rogers

Mahdi
03-05-2010, 07:42 AM
Why don't we trade Lynch for a 7th rounder. Everyone seems so willing to deal the guy as if we have a roster loaded with talent that we can afford to give it away.

Rogers is 31 years old. Lynch is 23 and is a hard working RB with a ton of potential. He had a couple of bone head legal issues but nothing serious. Lynch has a chance to be our offensive MVP this year so enough already with the trade Lynch stuff.

Fred J. is approaching 30 also so Lynch is the future at RB.

Raptor
03-05-2010, 08:15 AM
Pass all the way, he has made it pretty clear he hates being NT and he wants a new deal with no weight clause

PECKERWOOD
03-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Why don't we trade Lynch for a 7th rounder. Everyone seems so willing to deal the guy as if we have a roster loaded with talent that we can afford to give it away.

Rogers is 31 years old. Lynch is 23 and is a hard working RB with a ton of potential. He had a couple of bone head legal issues but nothing serious. Lynch has a chance to be our offensive MVP this year so enough already with the trade Lynch stuff.

Fred J. is approaching 30 also so Lynch is the future at RB.
The only way we could get proper value for Marshawn Lynch is to trade him for another player with character concerns. Nobody here is implying that he should be dealt for a 7th round pick, but let's be reasonable here.. Shaun Rodgers is a multiple time pro bowler, which Lynch barely sniffed his only pro bowl selection due to Chris Johnson having an injury at the time.

Ickybaluky
03-05-2010, 02:39 PM
It is hard to believe that Cleveland would trade Rogers after dealing Corey Williams. Good DL are hard to find.

better days
03-05-2010, 02:41 PM
The only way we could get proper value for Marshawn Lynch is to trade him for another player with character concerns. Nobody here is implying that he should be dealt for a 7th round pick, but let's be reasonable here.. Shaun Rodgers is a multiple time pro bowler, which Lynch barely sniffed his only pro bowl selection due to Chris Johnson having an injury at the time.

As far as the Pro Bowl goes, a DL is not dependant on others to make an impact & show his stuff where a RB needs to be in an offense that takes advantage of his strengths & he needs an OL to block for him. We all know about the Bills past offense & OL. Lets be reasonable here... I would give up a 6th for Rodgers but no way would I trade Lynch for him.

psubills62
03-05-2010, 02:52 PM
It is hard to believe that Cleveland would trade Rogers after dealing Corey Williams. Good DL are hard to find.

Yeah, it does seem less likely, although still possible if they sign Justin Bannan.