• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Your opinion on Icognito non tender

I didnt see comments about this.. Are you guys surprised about Incognito basically being told we dont want you back?

Doesnt say a lot for him with Wood's status.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • clumping platelets

Re: Your opinion on Icognito non tender

I'm very surprised and disappointed

Comment

• bigbub2352
      • Feb 2005

to be honest its one of two things...

us being cheap

or he made it known he didnt want to play here

with our lack of depth on Oline and Wood's injury status up in the air it had to be either one

i for one wanted him on the roster and starting we need to change the makeup of our soft Oline and him wood and levitre would have been nice start
      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• buffalobillsfan95
        • Jan 2010

he was acctualy one of the few players wanting to be in buffalo
        “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

Honestly, I wish they had tendered him. With Wood coming off injury, we're a little short on depth at OG, and it would be nice if they kept him on the roster at least for depth.

That being said, I don't think he was quite as good as people seemed to think, especially being a penalty magnet.

Conclusion: He's replaceable, but we have enough holes already, and should have been kept around for another year, imo.

P.S. Whether or not he wanted to stay here really shouldn't be a factor. How many RFA's out there wanted to be tendered and not test the market?
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DrGraves
            • Mar 2008

Dumb move. This team has had a terrible line for over a decade. We need to hold on to any glimpse of talent we can get.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

it is surprising. i'm curious as to why they didn't.
              Originally posted by yordad
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• yomommabilly
                • Dec 2009

Nothing I did not expect from this group of SEC throwbacks. Someday we will have owners and coaches that did not participate in WW II. Bad move on this staffs part, very bad move. I expect this weirdness to continue straight into bad decisions in F/A also.

Comment

• dannyek71
                  Drink Responsibly
                  • Dec 2004

Decent player, but look at his history. The guy is a menace. I would like have liked to keep him around, but oh well.

If Wood's leg wasn't progressing decently, I doubt we would have let him walk.
                  [

Comment

• BillsWin
                    man amongst boys
                    • Oct 2008

From what I have heard Pat, he didn't want to come back to Buffalo.
                    I am The Batman.

Comment

• shelby
                      The Vanilla *****
                      • Jul 2002

i posted this in another thread:

per Chris Brown:
                      Quote:
                      In light of the fact that Eric Wood still has some time to go on his current rehabilitation from a broken leg, even I thought the club would perhaps tender Incognito, who could represent insurance in the event that Wood’s rehab took a bit longer than expected. But once head coach Chan Gailey indicated at the combine that both Demetrius Bell and Eric Wood were considered “ahead of schedule,” to me it signaled that Incognito was probably going to become a free agent.
                      And that’s what happens when there’s a new regime in place. All bets are off with people currently on the roster. The new front office wants to shape the roster the way they like it, and that has already begun with the players they have chosen to tender and not to tender.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/0...-not-tendered/

Comment

• Buddo
                        • Mar 2007

Bearing in mind he was signed very late on in the season, I wonder if it was done on the understanding that they wouldn't make him an RFA.
                        There was something posted on bb.com MB about a week or so ago, where someone met him, and he told them that he wouldn't be coming back, so either he knew already he wasn't getting tendered, or it was never an option for the Bills, based on what he signed up for.

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

I'm surprised.. but maybe there was too many hard feelings towards him in the locker room and his past behavior is something a new coach may not wish to begin a new chapter with.

If they wish to rid themselves of any distractions, this doesn't bode well for a guy like Lynch who is carrying 2 strikes and isn't the front line guy at RB anymore.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

HIs lack of dicipline probably didn't sit right with Gailey.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by Night Train
                              I'm surprised.. but maybe there was too many hard feelings towards him in the locker room and his past behavior is something a new coach may not wish to begin a new chapter with.

If they wish to rid themselves of any distractions, this doesn't bode well for a guy like Lynch who is carrying 2 strikes and isn't the front line guy at RB anymore.
                              I agree. It almost has to that kind of issue, because he is a good enough football player to help this team.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X