PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on Icognito non tender

patmoran2006
03-04-2010, 11:09 PM
I didnt see comments about this.. Are you guys surprised about Incognito basically being told we dont want you back?

Doesnt say a lot for him with Wood's status.

clumping platelets
03-04-2010, 11:11 PM
I'm very surprised and disappointed

bigbub2352
03-04-2010, 11:11 PM
to be honest its one of two things...

us being cheap

or he made it known he didnt want to play here

with our lack of depth on Oline and Wood's injury status up in the air it had to be either one

i for one wanted him on the roster and starting we need to change the makeup of our soft Oline and him wood and levitre would have been nice start

buffalobillsfan95
03-04-2010, 11:12 PM
he was acctualy one of the few players wanting to be in buffalo

psubills62
03-04-2010, 11:14 PM
Honestly, I wish they had tendered him. With Wood coming off injury, we're a little short on depth at OG, and it would be nice if they kept him on the roster at least for depth.

That being said, I don't think he was quite as good as people seemed to think, especially being a penalty magnet.

Conclusion: He's replaceable, but we have enough holes already, and should have been kept around for another year, imo.

P.S. Whether or not he wanted to stay here really shouldn't be a factor. How many RFA's out there wanted to be tendered and not test the market?

DrGraves
03-04-2010, 11:34 PM
Dumb move. This team has had a terrible line for over a decade. We need to hold on to any glimpse of talent we can get.

SABURZFAN
03-04-2010, 11:43 PM
it is surprising. i'm curious as to why they didn't.

yomommabilly
03-05-2010, 12:07 AM
Nothing I did not expect from this group of SEC throwbacks. Someday we will have owners and coaches that did not participate in WW II. Bad move on this staffs part, very bad move. I expect this weirdness to continue straight into bad decisions in F/A also.

dannyek71
03-05-2010, 06:15 AM
Decent player, but look at his history. The guy is a menace. I would like have liked to keep him around, but oh well.

If Wood's leg wasn't progressing decently, I doubt we would have let him walk.

BillsWin
03-05-2010, 06:23 AM
From what I have heard Pat, he didn't want to come back to Buffalo.

shelby
03-05-2010, 06:23 AM
i posted this in another thread:

<!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> per Chris Brown:
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> In light of the fact that Eric Wood still has some time to go on his current rehabilitation from a broken leg, even I thought the club would perhaps tender Incognito, who could represent insurance in the event that Wood’s rehab took a bit longer than expected. But once head coach Chan Gailey indicated at the combine that both Demetrius Bell and Eric Wood were considered “ahead of schedule,” to me it signaled that Incognito was probably going to become a free agent.
And that’s what happens when there’s a new regime in place. All bets are off with people currently on the roster. The new front office wants to shape the roster the way they like it, and that has already begun with the players they have chosen to tender and not to tender.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/0...-not-tendered/ (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/03/04/incognito-not-tendered/)

Buddo
03-05-2010, 06:31 AM
Bearing in mind he was signed very late on in the season, I wonder if it was done on the understanding that they wouldn't make him an RFA.
There was something posted on bb.com MB about a week or so ago, where someone met him, and he told them that he wouldn't be coming back, so either he knew already he wasn't getting tendered, or it was never an option for the Bills, based on what he signed up for.

Night Train
03-05-2010, 06:54 AM
I'm surprised.. but maybe there was too many hard feelings towards him in the locker room and his past behavior is something a new coach may not wish to begin a new chapter with.

If they wish to rid themselves of any distractions, this doesn't bode well for a guy like Lynch who is carrying 2 strikes and isn't the front line guy at RB anymore.

justasportsfan
03-05-2010, 07:05 AM
HIs lack of dicipline probably didn't sit right with Gailey.

Jan Reimers
03-05-2010, 07:09 AM
I'm surprised.. but maybe there was too many hard feelings towards him in the locker room and his past behavior is something a new coach may not wish to begin a new chapter with.

If they wish to rid themselves of any distractions, this doesn't bode well for a guy like Lynch who is carrying 2 strikes and isn't the front line guy at RB anymore.
I agree. It almost has to that kind of issue, because he is a good enough football player to help this team.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-05-2010, 07:13 AM
im sure the bills think they can get a better guard in the draft...

methos4ever
03-05-2010, 07:16 AM

However despite his missteps, his teammates (St. Fred included) have repeatedly mentioned their love of Lynch. Fanbase seems to be the pitchfork and torch crowd, not the team.

Jan Reimers
03-05-2010, 07:21 AM
im sure the bills think they can get a better guard in the draft...
I doubt that they will use anything but a low round pick on an interior O-lineman, and he won't be as effective as Incognito, at least at present.

DraftBoy
03-05-2010, 07:46 AM
Not surprised, he has temper issues, and with a new regime I doubt that will be tolerated.

elltrain22
03-05-2010, 08:33 AM
I was sure we'd keep him around but if its true that he didn't wanna be here, then I'm glad they let him walk. I just hope we have a backup plan that we are going to fill these holes.

EDS
03-05-2010, 08:51 AM
The guy wasn't good enough for the Rams . . . whether that be because of his play on the field or the fact that he is crazy doesn't matter.

Ebenezer
03-05-2010, 10:33 AM
Not surprised - When he was signed I posted that he was signed simply because there was nobody else left on the streets.

Bert102176
03-05-2010, 12:02 PM
It's the Bills they are screw ups I love them and hate them all at the same time cause they are screw ups from the owner down and they make things so stressfull

DBrown77
03-05-2010, 02:13 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/05/richie-incognito-returning-to-rams/

wants to go back to the Rams

Ickybaluky
03-05-2010, 02:24 PM
I never understood the love for Incognito here and the Bills made a smart choice. He is a first-class knucklehead and a stupid player. Yeah, he has some talent, but you don't win with stupid players. He is immature and not someone a team wants to invest money in.

The kid had so many bar fights and off-field issues at Nebraska they kicked him off the team (no easy task at Nebraska). He tried transferring to Oregon, but never played because he had to leave school after not going to any classes. Despite missign a year, Mike Martz fell in love with his talent and reached to take him in the 3rd round, even knowing he had blown out his knee from his pre-draft workout. He sat for a year and proved to be as big waste of talent with the Rams as he was at Nebraska. They finally got fed up with him and cut him.

I remember watching a feature on him a few years ago, about a car he bought. He had taken the money from his rookie contract and bought a tricked-out BMW for something like 100K. The thing had 20-something televisions in it (a car!). It even had a TV in the gas cap so he could watch while filling up.

Does he have talent? Sure. But he has the maturity of a teenager in juvenile detention and the intelligence of a bulldog. He is nothing but a big turd, and the fact the Bills non-tendered him is a sign they want to build a team that may be able to win some games.