PDA

View Full Version : Kelley Washington

ChanGailey
03-05-2010, 08:32 AM
So I guess the Bills are interested in Kelley Washington for some reason.

Are they trying to get worse through free agency? Did they forget to mention that?

"We plan to build through the draft...but absolutely destroy this team in free agency"

Nah, we don't want to trade TO in October. We want to just let him walk for free in March so we can turn around and sign Kelley "I only score TD's in the preseason" Washington.

Awesome.:banghead:

Amazing.

Terrific.

Mahdi
03-05-2010, 08:38 AM
Good WR depth. Was actually used as a WR last year with Baltimore and played well when he was given a chance.

Finished with 34 receptions. Big receiver also and has special teams value.

k-oneputt
03-05-2010, 08:40 AM
The TO situation last Oct. just showes you how terrible this front office was/is. I am really amaazed that these so called "football guys" actually get NFL jobs. The drafting, free agents, trades, contracts, lack of logical moves {TO}.
A decade of mismanagement and losses.

Italian Stallion
03-05-2010, 08:40 AM
Good WR depth. Was actually used as a WR last year with Baltimore and played well when he was given a chance.

Finished with 34 receptions. Big receiver also and has special teams value.

If he's so useful then why is Baltimore letting him go, and doing anything they can to aquire other WR(s)?

More garbage. So therefore he will absolutly be a Bill soon.

ChanGailey
03-05-2010, 08:41 AM
If he's so useful then why is Baltimore letting him go, and doing anything they can to aquire other WR(s)?

More garbage. So therefore he will absolutly be a Bill soon.

Given Mahdi's total wrongness on Whitner he pretty much confirmed Washington's suckiness.

patmoran2006
03-05-2010, 08:42 AM
We dont need "depth" at WR.. We need a starter

Johnson, Hardy and for now, Parrish are depth.

If we sign Washington, its with the intention of having him become a starter or at the very worst compete with Hardy for the job.

Not nearly good enough.. I expect "depth" at some positions via FA, but WR they need to find a starter.

SABURZFAN
03-05-2010, 08:49 AM
LOL!!!!!!!

i called for this guy to be signed by the Bills on Monday at 1 pm in a different thread. :couch:

Jersey1031
03-05-2010, 08:59 AM
i liked this kid back before he was drafted, now idk...

ChanGailey
03-05-2010, 09:00 AM
Man, this is just BS. If we're lookin for a WR why aren't we reaching out to Kevin Walter? He'd be a perfect fit for us.

Why would we choose Kelley Washington over Antoine Randle-El? We sign him and he's

- Our best punt returner
- Our 3rd best WR
- LOL probably our 2nd or 3rd best QB

Washington is like, in my opinion, the worst WR available.

Mahdi
03-05-2010, 09:01 AM
We dont need "depth" at WR.. We need a starter

Johnson, Hardy and for now, Parrish are depth.

If we sign Washington, its with the intention of having him become a starter or at the very worst compete with Hardy for the job.

Not nearly good enough.. I expect "depth" at some positions via FA, but WR they need to find a starter.
Well we lost 3 WRs. Jenkins, Owens and Reed. One starter will not replace all of them.

ChanGailey
03-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Well we lost 3 WRs. Jenkins, Owens and Reed. One starter will not replace all of them.

Neither would 10 Kelley Washingtons

Mahdi
03-05-2010, 09:06 AM
Given Mahdi's total wrongness on Whitner he pretty much confirmed Washington's suckiness.
Washington is a 4th or 5th receiver and provides special teams abilities. No one is saying he is starting opposite Lee Evans.

And there are 32 teams in the NFL so 1 or 2 FA WRs like Walter are slim pickings. You can find a WR like Walter in the draft. A dime a dozen.

Let someone else overpay.

As for Whitner, I have nothing else to say on the matter, he is a solid starter in the league whether you believe it or not. Not worth the #8 overall but there have been worse busts in the league taken much higher.

Mahdi
03-05-2010, 09:09 AM
Neither would 10 Kelley Washingtons
Well if you quit posting useless comments and actually analyze the situation you'll notice that our #3 WR Reed caught 27 passes last year. Washington caught 34.

He is already an upgrade if we sign him.

patmoran2006
03-05-2010, 09:11 AM
Well if you quit posting useless comments and actually analyze the situation you'll notice that our #3 WR Reed caught 27 passes last year. Washington caught 34.

But is Washington a slot receiver?

Mahdi
03-05-2010, 09:13 AM
But is Washington a slot receiver?
No.

He is depth on the outside.

Evans and Hardy are the top outside WRs at this point with Johnson as the #3 slot receiver. Washington would be depth behind Hardy and whoever else we bring in through the draft.

ChanGailey
03-05-2010, 09:15 AM

We lost our top WR from last season. Teams in the market for WR's currently is basically us, Baltimore, Miami...who else? Not too many, so even though there is only 1 Kevin Walter, we are one of only a handful of teams that truly need a WR.

It also amazes me that we'd pursue Washington without even seeing what TO would be looking for to stay. Again, I agree basically with letting TO go, but not if we plan to do NOTHING to replace him.

I'm happy with Hardy and Johnson getting some reps, but adding some 30 year old fat receiver to the mix, strictly for special teams, shouldn't be the first thing you do when you have a full buffet of players.

DBrown77
03-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Wheres the link about Washington?????

patmoran2006
03-05-2010, 09:18 AM
1. Bobby Wade would be a solid slot WR pickup.

2. Why am I starting to wish we'd have overpaid T.O. again?

patmoran2006
03-05-2010, 09:22 AM
BTW, Buffalo pursued Washington last year during free agency

Mahdi
03-05-2010, 09:30 AM
We lost our top WR from last season. Teams in the market for WR's currently is basically us, Baltimore, Miami...who else? Not too many, so even though there is only 1 Kevin Walter, we are one of only a handful of teams that truly need a WR.

It also amazes me that we'd pursue Washington without even seeing what TO would be looking for to stay. Again, I agree basically with letting TO go, but not if we plan to do NOTHING to replace him.

I'm happy with Hardy and Johnson getting some reps, but adding some 30 year old fat receiver to the mix, strictly for special teams, shouldn't be the first thing you do when you have a full buffet of players.
You wonder why Washington was released from Baltimore but you don't wonder why Walter was allowed to leave by Houston being a younger player also.

Walter is a decent WR but nothing special. Like I said you can add a WR of his ability or better on the 2nd and 3rd day of the draft.

Baltimore, Miami, Denver, Cleveland, NYJ, Washington, SF, Chicago, Tampa, Carolina, Atlanta, Seattle, St. Louis, Kansas City, Tennessee, Jacksonville all need WR help btw.

Mahdi
03-05-2010, 09:32 AM
Wheres the link about Washington?????
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Kelley-Washington-drawing-interest.html

patmoran2006
03-05-2010, 09:41 AM
I spoke with a writer who covers the Ravens, who said that Washington actually is a SLOT receiver and a great, great special team player.

I may have over-reacted when I first heard his name. LOL

Over-react!??! never !

dannyek71
03-05-2010, 09:41 AM
I have nothing against this. We really only have 1 wr on our team right now. I am not at all sold that Johnson or Hardy are NFL material. Yea, I understand Hardy was hurt last year, but he showed me very little his rookie year. If Johnson was the godsend that many people feel he is, then he would have seen the field for more than 3 plays last year.

Oaf
03-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Take a chill pill and watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMuvjLcuvTI
He's awesome! (Again, take another chill pill)

SirMcGee
03-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Isnt it obvious why we want him? Nobody else wants to see him do the squirrel in the endzone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwaX1hdzWH0

BuffaloBlitz83
03-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Well with the trade for Boldin, the Washington release makes more sense.

ZAZusmc03
03-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Oaf- That video makes me want to snag him up. I want to see some character on this team.