PDA

View Full Version : everyone needs to calm down

djjimkelly
03-05-2010, 08:44 AM
there are about 2-4 major FA"s this year the bills will land none.

we all knew this going in. calm down

we should all be happy if we get a few 2-3 starters out of free agency in a year where all the good players are RFA.

we are for real gonna build through the draft buddy hasnt lied to you.

so why is everyone expecting some franchise changing move today sorry its not coming.

OpIv37
03-05-2010, 08:48 AM
At a minimum, the Bills need:
Backup RB
3 OL's
2 WR's
2 LB's
2 NT's
2 3-4 DE's

I'm not even talking about big names or talent or improvement- I'm just talking about having enough guys to field a team in the offense and defense we want to run. That's far more draft picks than we have.

If we're not going after big name FA's, so be it, but they should at least be getting some backup 3-4 LB's and DE's in here.

DrGraves
03-05-2010, 09:28 AM
We are just setting ourselves back another 3/4 years again. The new regime will be let go after we go 4-12, 7-9, 5-11... and then we'll bring in some new *******s to do it all over again if we even have a team here in Buffalo at that point.

SO NO WE'RE NOT GOING TO CALM DOWN.

WE DESERVE A WINNER BEFORE WE LOSE THIS DAMN FRANCHISE.

T-Long
03-05-2010, 09:30 AM
ummm Free Agency started 10 hours ago. Oh, so you guys are saying we should make a splash like the day we got Walker, Dockery, and Whittle. Yeah, how did that turn out. RELAX guys it just started! Just because we haven't heard anything doesn't mean stuff isn't going on there. You know how quiet that place is when things are happening, so just sit back and relax...news will come soon.

SABURZFAN
03-05-2010, 09:33 AM
10 years of no playoffs and somebody is going to tell me to calm down.

:roflmao:

WeAreArthurMoates
03-05-2010, 09:37 AM
As long as the guys I want to be signed liked Easion, and Hicks I will remain calm. If we trade Whitner and get good value, I couldn't ask for a better offseason.

justasportsfan
03-05-2010, 09:39 AM
At a minimum, the Bills need:
Backup RB
3 OL's
2 WR's
2 LB's
2 NT's
2 3-4 DE's

I am expecting the bulk of those needs to be filled via the draft , just like Nix has been hinting since he's been hired as GM. With that being said, I won't be surprised if we don't make a big splash in FA'cy.

T-Long
03-05-2010, 09:44 AM

No one is telling you to calm down about the 10 years of losing. You have every right to flip about that...but people going crazy because we haven't signed anyone yet 10 hours in is CRAZY talk. How many teams have done something so far? Like 3?

psubills62
03-05-2010, 09:52 AM
With the threads that have been started, it's looking more and more like BB.com.

DMBcrew36
03-05-2010, 10:00 AM

Yeah, I'm going to calm down just because I'm already aware the Bills won't go after anyone big?

No.

Mahdi
03-05-2010, 10:01 AM
Players signed so far:

Peppers (most likely a Bear)

Burleson in Detroit

Malumaleuna in Chicago

Brackett re-upping with the Colts

Dunta Robinson most likely to Falcons...................

Who exactly are we supposed to be signing so quickly that we haven't. This is a horrible FA year. Everyone is restricted and the market is flooded with older vets.

djjimkelly
03-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Players signed so far:

Peppers (most likely a Bear)

Burleson in Detroit

Malumaleuna in Chicago

Brackett re-upping with the Colts

Dunta Robinson most likely to Falcons...................

Who exactly are we supposed to be signing so quickly that we haven't. This is a horrible FA year. Everyone is restricted and the market is flooded with older vets.

and vanden bosch to the lions

we will wait and start signing the 2nd to 3rd tier FA's in about a week and rightfully so

OpIv37
03-05-2010, 10:17 AM
ummm Free Agency started 10 hours ago. Oh, so you guys are saying we should make a splash like the day we got Walker, Dockery, and Whittle. Yeah, how did that turn out. RELAX guys it just started! Just because we haven't heard anything doesn't mean stuff isn't going on there. You know how quiet that place is when things are happening, so just sit back and relax...news will come soon.

yeah, it's real quiet in Detroit where they got Vanden Bosch and Burleson.... it's real quiet in NY where they got Cromartie... It's real quiet in DC where they're pursuing two OT's (one of our big needs) and maybe Peppers....

The competition is getting better and the options are getting fewer, meanwhile we've done NOTHING- not even any rumors to talk about.

You have a fan base for a team that hasn't won in 10 years and still has a crappy roster, and you want people to relax? We're sick of this **** and we want some sign that this team is getting better ASAP.

Mahdi
03-05-2010, 10:28 AM
yeah, it's real quiet in Detroit where they got Vanden Bosch and Burleson.... it's real quiet in NY where they got Cromartie... It's real quiet in DC where they're pursuing two OT's (one of our big needs) and maybe Peppers....

The competition is getting better and the options are getting fewer, meanwhile we've done NOTHING- not even any rumors to talk about.

You have a fan base for a team that hasn't won in 10 years and still has a crappy roster, and you want people to relax? We're sick of this **** and we want some sign that this team is getting better ASAP.
None of those players you mentioned are realistic options and those that are, they are nothing special.

Common, Nate Burleson. Who cares.

I'll be happy if we add OT, QB and LB depth.

justasportsfan
03-05-2010, 10:36 AM
We're sick of this **** and we want some sign that this team is getting better ASAP.

Hiring FA's isn't going to prove that this team is getting better ASAP til they see the field. Again, Dockery and Co. as an example.

you're going to have to wait for a couple of years like Nix said.

OpIv37
03-05-2010, 10:51 AM
Hiring FA's isn't going to prove that this team is getting better ASAP til they see the field. Again, Dockery and Co. as an example.

you're going to have to wait for a couple of years like Nix said.

So no team has ever gotten better through the addition of a FA? Please.

You're using the exception to prove the rule. It's been well documented that Marv was terrible with his selection of FA's. Just because he was bad at it doesn't mean teams can't improve through FA. It happens EVERY year.

justasportsfan
03-05-2010, 10:54 AM
So no team has ever gotten better through the addition of a FA? Please. .
Never said that. Just saying paper means squat.

You're using the exception to prove the rule. It's been well documented that Marv was terrible with his selection of FA's. Just because he was bad at it doesn't mean teams can't improve through FA. It happens EVERY year.
nope, how about the redskins who always grabbed high profile players and went no where.

Yes, FA can make you better or it can go no where. Thing is you're complaining about something Nix already said months ago, that he will build via the draft.

OpIv37
03-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Never said that. Just saying paper means squat.

nope, how about the redskins who always grabbed high profile players and went no where.

Yes, FA can make you better or it can go no where. Thing is you're complaining about something Nix already said months ago, that he will build via the draft.

ok, we are switching defensive systems. We have more holes than draft picks. We need to add somebody, even if it's just mediocre bodies with 3-4 experience. We don't even have enough bodies right now, to say nothing of actual talent.

Commissioner
03-05-2010, 11:01 AM
ummm Free Agency started 10 hours ago. Oh, so you guys are saying we should make a splash like the day we got Walker, Dockery, and Whittle. Yeah, how did that turn out.

How about when we got Spikes?

Dicknoze69
ok, we are switching defensive systems. We have more holes than draft picks. We need to add somebody, even if it's just mediocre bodies with 3-4 experience. We don't even have enough bodies right now, to say nothing of actual talent.

Luckily we don't have a game tomorrow.

psubills62

They'll add bodies.

Seriously, not even 24 hours have passed and people are already whining? :shakeno:

Beebe's Kid
03-05-2010, 11:06 AM
How many players on the Colts ever played for another team? It is single digits, and one of them is Vinaterri. They have done alright for a while. Sure they have that Peyton guy, but they seem to have depth and guys that get it done on the field every year. No big FA signings.

The Redskins go ****-wild every year, and display constand mediocrity, or worse.

I know the lack of confidence in anybody on this team, but there really is some talented players. If we can fill a few of the voids with solid players that are not a detriment to the team, we will get better. The draft will provide us a few players that will begin to make an impact next year.

I am as anxious for a winner as anybody, but I do not want to be like the Redskins, and blow our load on a bunch of 6-year (minimum) vets that cost close to twice what they are worth.

I think we'll be ok...I know that won't go over well, but time will tell.

trapezeus
03-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Free agency helps a team t hat's close to get over the top. especially with big player names. but teams that suck as badly as our team, we need all the draft picks we can get and we need to hit on 80-100% of them. When you leave the 2008 draft with only 1 player on your active roster, its going to take some time to overcome that devastating draft.

the bills have had multiple drafts like that. 10 years of pure ****e drafting will take at least 3 straight years of solid drafting. last year was a good one, this one needs to be great.

That being said, the bills can't expect to go anywhere until 2012.

justasportsfan
03-05-2010, 11:09 AM
thats why Nix said you'll have to wait a couple of years and now you're surprised that he actually meant it?

justasportsfan
03-05-2010, 11:20 AM
Free agency helps a team t hat's close to get over the top. especially with big player names. .but not after they've built the core of the team via the draft. The colts , steelers, PATS ,Chargers did it that way and they have had success through the years. The fins and Jets are also doing the same. Via the draft.

but teams that suck as badly as our team, we need all the draft picks we can get and we need to hit on 80-100% of them. When you leave the 2008 draft with only 1 player on your active roster, its going to take some time to overcome that devastating draft.

the bills have had multiple drafts like that. 10 years of pure ****e drafting will take at least 3 straight years of solid drafting. last year was a good one, this one needs to be great.

That being said, the bills can't expect to go anywhere until 2012.

So what should we do, follow the redskins blueprint of failure by bringing in big named FA's?

I hate to be redundant but we tried that when we signed Drew, Dockery etc.etc..Those moves proved to be failues because we traded away our picks and now we should do the same thing again?

psubills62
03-05-2010, 11:21 AM
I'm positively in shock that the Bills haven't signed Antrel Rolle, Julius Peppers, Chester Taylor, Karlos Dansby, and Kevin Walter to veteran minimum contracts yet. I guess I'll go spam the Bills Zone boards!

-- is this the thought process of 50% of the people on here? It seems like we go through this every year. Yes, people, I'm sure the FO understands that 9 draft picks won't fill out our roster.

OpIv37
03-05-2010, 11:46 AM
I'm positively in shock that the Bills haven't signed Antrel Rolle, Julius Peppers, Chester Taylor, Karlos Dansby, and Kevin Walter to veteran minimum contracts yet. I guess I'll go spam the Bills Zone boards!

-- is this the thought process of 50% of the people on here? It seems like we go through this every year. Yes, people, I'm sure the FO understands that 9 draft picks won't fill out our roster.

no, it's more like this:

"We're trying to switch to a 3-4 and have 0 NTs, at most 1 DE, and at most 3 LB's who fit the system. I'm positively shocked that we haven't made ANY progress towards staffing our new defensive system."

Or how about this:

"I'm positively shocked that teams already better than us (like the Jets and the Pats) are taking steps to get better while the Bills continue to languish in their own mediocrity."

Teams already better than us are increasing the talent gap. Meanwhile, we have the same guys who weren't good enough last year, with the caveat that we have a new D and are now cramming square pegs into round holes.

justasportsfan
03-05-2010, 11:53 AM
"I'm positively shocked that teams already better than us (like the Jets and the Pats) are taking steps to get better while the Bills continue to languish in their own mediocrity."

they built their core via the draft. Now they are simply plugging holes because they have built a core ...VIA THE DRAFT.

OpIv37
03-05-2010, 11:56 AM
they built their core via the draft. Now they are simply plugging holes because they have built a core ...VIA THE DRAFT.

WE HAVE MORE HOLES THAN WE DO DRAFT PICKS. We don't even have enough bodies for the OL or the DL we want to run. You can say "Via the Draft" as much as you want, but our 9 or so draft picks won't give us the 15+ players that we need to simply field a full team, to say nothing of talent or improvement.

justasportsfan
03-05-2010, 12:00 PM
WE HAVE MORE HOLES THAN WE DO DRAFT PICKS. We don't even have enough bodies for the OL or the DL we want to run. You can say "Via the Draft" as much as you want, but our 9 or so draft picks won't give us the 15+ players that we need to simply field a full team, to say nothing of talent or improvement.

Okay, so tell me. Which players are out there that could fill the holes on our team?

the PAts and jets had holes that they plugged in VIA the draft. Yes, I agree we have more holes than we do draft picks which is why Nix said it's a process. Unless you have all the answers as far as who's out there, who's our competitio for their services and what they would cost, I don't think we can just go out and say we're not doing anything to improve this team.

Ron Burgundy
03-05-2010, 12:00 PM
That's why we have free agency.

You know, that thing that started 13 hours ago.

psubills62
03-05-2010, 12:25 PM
no, it's more like this:

"We're trying to switch to a 3-4 and have 0 NTs, at most 1 DE, and at most 3 LB's who fit the system. I'm positively shocked that we haven't made ANY progress towards staffing our new defensive system."

Or how about this:

Teams already better than us are increasing the talent gap. Meanwhile, we have the same guys who weren't good enough last year, with the caveat that we have a new D and are now cramming square pegs into round holes.
Despite what you may say, we have guys at the positions. We have two depth guys at NT (Favorite, Harvey), 2-3 DE's (Williams, Johnson, Stroud), and at least 4-5 LB's who fit the system(Poz, Mitchell, Maybin, Ellis, maybe Kelsay).

Trust me, I don't approve of the system change. But we do have guys that we can put into the position if needed.

Last I checked, the Pats hadn't done anything either.

It's the same story over and over. You and a million other people KNOW the Bills aren't getting into any bidding wars. You and a million other people KNOW the Bills aren't going to pay tons of money to mediocre FA's (because that's all that's out there right now). Yet somehow, this board is still full of people whining away when the Bills haven't made a move 15 hours in.

If the draft comes and they still haven't signed anyone in FA, you'd have a legitimate argument. Give it at least a week, for Pete's sake.

TrEd FTW
03-05-2010, 01:25 PM

http://telepromptedanthems.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/u-mad1.jpg

trapezeus
03-05-2010, 01:31 PM
but not after they've built the core of the team via the draft. The colts , steelers, PATS ,Chargers did it that way and they have had success through the years. The fins and Jets are also doing the same. Via the draft.

So what should we do, follow the redskins blueprint of failure by bringing in big named FA's?

I hate to be redundant but we tried that when we signed Drew, Dockery etc.etc..Those moves proved to be failues because we traded away our picks and now we should do the same thing again?

No my point was what your point is.

If you've drafted well year after year and you need to get a RB, a WR, a DE, etc to finish off the piece. You should get into FA. You should get a guy in his prime who knows what he's doing.

But the bills don't have a core. poor drafting. The bills have the 2008 draft class that had 1 player playing last year. You can't have that. yet the 2000-2008 draft classes have all looked like that. So it's going to take a while to get a core together.

I'm ok not dabbling for big name players in FA. They bills should be getting depth players in URFA right now. No names that can fill in. then they should be trying to get as many picks as possible and they need to nail the 2010 draft. If they don't, it'll just take more years to get respectable.

I'm actually page for page with you on this one, justa.

Michael82
03-05-2010, 01:49 PM
The way everyone is acting is just like every other year! Simmer down!

Great thread! :bf1:

Slim
03-05-2010, 01:51 PM
I'm still anxiously anticipating the first "visit". It should come sometime early next week im hoping.