PDA

View Full Version : Peppers has offer on table from Pats

Throne Logic
03-05-2010, 11:21 AM
This could get even uglier. Our Oline is no better off than a year ago and NE might just add Peppers.

We could be looking at another couple years of O-fer's vs. NE.

ack

ChanGailey
03-05-2010, 11:21 AM
No we need to wait for value according to all the homers around here.

The good are getting better and the **** are getting ****tier

psubills62
03-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Peppers will most likely end up in Chicago. New England is typically known for offering less money, but a shot at winning. It sounds like Peppers is mainly going for the money.

We need to get linemen regardless of that situation.

Slim
Schefter is saying Peppers will almost certainly be a Bear.

Thurmal
Oh my! If they get Peppers, the Pats might sweep us next year!

Ron Burgundy
03-05-2010, 11:23 AM
Oh my! If they get Peppers, the Pats might sweep us next year!

:biggrin:

Nice.

DrGraves
03-05-2010, 11:25 AM
The Bills primary focus is making money not winning. We should all know this by now. We will probably never make the playoffs again.

Buffalogic
03-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Wilfork + Peppers = Pain. Lots of pain.

justasportsfan
03-05-2010, 11:27 AM
No we need to wait for value according to all the homers around here.

the PATS are getting better because they've accumulated draft picks through the years by trading away players they developed via the draft. Once these players became good, they traded them away for more picks.

Yes, they've plugged guys like Moss and Welker via FA but they had a plan with these guys unlike what we did with TO where we brought him in with a game philosophy of play not to lose which obviously didn't work.

DBrown77
03-05-2010, 11:30 AM
The good news is that Peppers only plays 50% of the time. He dances with the Tackles the other 50%. He is known for giving a half A** effort. He would be one of the best ever if he tried 100% of the time

justasportsfan
03-05-2010, 11:31 AM
I wonder if the PAts offered him DE or LB money.

Buffalogic
03-05-2010, 11:37 AM
I wonder if the PAts offered him DE or LB money.Remember there's a new position created called de/lb ever since T. Suggs won his decision against the Ravens a couple years back.

DraftBoy
03-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Too many people are reporting Peppers is not getting out of Chicago for me to seriously think he is going to New England. Even if he does get out of Chicago, Daniel Snyder will probably kidnap him and waterboard him into signing a deal.

patmoran2006
03-05-2010, 11:39 AM
The good news is that Peppers only plays 50% of the time. He dances with the Tackles the other 50%. He is known for giving a half A** effort. He would be one of the best ever if he tried 100% of the time

Banta Cain had 5 sacks against us in two games last year.

Peppers may get 10.

But I dont think he'll end up in NE

better days
03-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Peppers will most likely end up in Chicago. New England is typically known for offering less money, but a shot at winning. It sounds like Peppers is mainly going for the money.

We need to get linemen regardless of that situation.

That is what the Pats* have been known for. Now I think they are still playing lowball but the shot at winning is much less than it used to be. The Pats* look like the Bills did at the end of their Super Bowl dynasty. They will battle the Fins for 2nd place this year & the Bills will be right behind them nipping at their heels.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Too bad a deal with the Bears is imment.

trapezeus
03-05-2010, 01:28 PM

False, even detriot is building from a decent draft last year. they could be at 4-6 wins next year while we regress to 2-4 wins.

better days
03-05-2010, 01:29 PM
the PATS are getting better because they've accumulated draft picks through the years by trading away players they developed via the draft. Once these players became good, they traded them away for more picks.

Yes, they've plugged guys like Moss and Welker via FA but they had a plan with these guys unlike what we did with TO where we brought him in with a game philosophy of play not to lose which obviously didn't work.

The Pats* recent drafts have not been all that & now with Pioli gone hopefully it gets even worse.

Raptor
03-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Bears are not letting him get away, they dont have any picks in the first 3 rounds i believe so they have to use FA'cy to make up for that

Ickybaluky
03-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Peppers is a Bear.

The Pats have re-signed Tully Banta-Cain, though:

LINK (http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4675736/patriots-reach-extension-with-banta-cain)

3 Yr deal.