• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Boldin likely headed to New England

RavensInsider
    New England frontrunner to land Anquan Boldin via trade after Ravens pursued him, according to league sources.

(You GOT to be kidding me. .Moss AND Boldin)

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Re: Boldin likely headed to New England

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    RavensInsider
    New England frontrunner to land Anquan Boldin via trade after Ravens pursued him, according to league sources.

(You GOT to be kidding me. .Moss AND Boldin)
    Also Welker if recovered. That's sick and I might puke.

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

Wow, that would really, really stink.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Ickybaluky
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by The Spaz
        Also Welker if recovered. That's sick and I might puke.
        Welker probably won't even be back until mid-season, let alone in his pre-injury form.

This surprises me a little and I wonder about it's validity. I could see Boldin as a player they would like, but given his age and his looking for a new contract, it is not a move without risk.

That said, they do need a WR pretty badly.

Comment

• wmoz11
          • Sep 2008

Who cares. We couldn't beat them with Matt Cassel at QB.

Comment

• methos4ever
            • Apr 2004

Adam_Schefter Arizona is closing in on a long-anticpated deal to trade Pro Bowl wide receiver Anquan Boldin. Leading contender: Baltimore. KC also in. http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/10041510042

Comment

• EDS
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by NE39
              The Pats need a WR pretty badly? Have you seen the Bills roster?

Comment

• Slim
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by methos4ever
                Adam_Schefter Arizona is closing in on a long-anticpated deal to trade Pro Bowl wide receiver Anquan Boldin. Leading contender: Baltimore. KC also in. http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/10041510042
                I hope this is correct.

Comment

• psubills62
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2008

Welker probably won't even be back until mid-season, let alone in his pre-injury form.

This surprises me a little and I wonder about it's validity. I could see Boldin as a player they would like, but given his age and his looking for a new contract, it is not a move without risk.

I'd say they're in better shape WR-wise than most teams.

But you're right...Boldin's injury risks combined with his wanting a new contract seems a little bit of an odd fit. Mostly because they have other guys who deserve extensions before Boldin would.
                  - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by psubills62
                    I'd say they're in better shape WR-wise than most teams.
                    I'm not sure. Moss is in the last year of his deal (they probably like that, though, because it will motivate him) and Welker's injury was very serious.

I think Edelman was a nice find and will be a good player, but beyond that they are pretty thin. Brandon Tate has a lot of talent, but is a complete unknown as an NFL player. David Patten is like 50. The rest are ST-ers at best.

Given the way the Pats offense relies on the passing game, I would say WR is a very big need. That would explain them taking this kind of risk.

Comment

• T-Long
                      Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                      • Sep 2003

I'll believe it when Scheffter says it. He only mentioned two teams being in on it, and I'm sure he is all over this developing story. I doubt he goes to NE.

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

I'm not sure. Moss is in the last year of his deal (they probably like that, though, because it will motivate him) and Welker's injury was very serious.

I think Edelman was a nice find and will be a good player, but beyond that they are pretty thin. Brandon Tate has a lot of talent, but is a complete unknown as an NFL player. David Patten is like 50. The rest are ST-ers at best.

Given the way the Pats offense relies on the passing game, I would say WR is a very big need. That would explain them taking this kind of risk.
                        Haha I think this is just highlighting the difference between a Bills fan and a Patriots fan. You're looking ahead and seeing it as a big need come the 2011 season. When I think of a "need," I'm thinking that we need that position right away.

If the Patriots can sign Boldin to an extension, that would certainly help their WR situation beyond 2010. However, if they can't, then it appears more like a last-ditch effort to get a SB ring under the recent dynasty, imo.
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by psubills62
                          Haha I think this is just highlighting the difference between a Bills fan and a Patriots fan. You're looking ahead and seeing it as a big need come the 2011 season. When I think of a "need," I'm thinking that we need that position right away.

If the Patriots can sign Boldin to an extension, that would certainly help their WR situation beyond 2010. However, if they can't, then it appears more like a last-ditch effort to get a SB ring under the recent dynasty, imo.
                          I see it as a big need this year as well. Remember, the Pats base offfense is a 3-wide look. They don't have any sort of TE on the roster, just a couple of PS guys. WR is a critical position in their offense, it killed them last year not having a legit 3rd option.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

Here is a second source (Jamison Hensley of the Baltimore Sun), saying both Baltimore and NE want him:

The Ravens and the New England Patriots are among the teams trying to acquire Arizona wide receiver Anquan Boldin in a trade. At this point, the Patriots are considered the favorites, but the Ravens haven't been ruled out.
                            Hopefully it turns out better than the playoff game they recently played.

Comment

• psubills62
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2008

I see it as a big need this year as well. Remember, the Pats base offfense is a 3-wide look. They don't have any sort of TE on the roster, just a couple of PS guys. WR is a critical position in their offense, it killed them last year not having a legit 3rd option.
                              I still wouldn't be that worried. Edelman, while he's not as reliable as Welker, filled in admirably as a rookie and should be better this year until Welker returns. Tate has talent and had a year to learn the system. If I remember correctly, last year they focused quite a bit on defense in the draft (Chung, Brace), and could easily get a good receiver in the first or second this year.
                              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Working...
                              X