PDA

View Full Version : I don't get it

cbatl32
03-05-2010, 03:26 PM
There are VERY few free agents out there that would be a good fit for our needs AND be affordable. Guys like Artis Hicks, Dwan Edwards come to mind as younger guys that are solid players, fill a need and wouldn't break the bank. Both of those guys are making other visits this weekend but not to Buffalo.

I am not one to freak out that we haven't signed anyone in the first day of free agency. But, this year is very different than others. We have gaping needs all over the place and even big needs for depth at numerous positions. AND there are very few free agents compared to most years. So that being said, why would we not AGGRESSIVELY pursue 2-3 guys that really fit the mold of what we need?

I don't get it. I hope I will be pleasantly surprised, but I doubt it.

Slim
03-05-2010, 03:29 PM
It's been odd that the ONLY rumor we've hard leaked out last night and it was about Kelley Washington.

muestafa1
03-05-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm thinking (hoping?) that they're working on trades and that's why there's so much silence. Otherwise, you'd think we'd hear if some FAs were coming in for meetings, etc.

T-Long
03-05-2010, 03:31 PM
The only reason we had signings the first day in year's past is because Brandon threw a whole boat load of cash their way. Nix is going to put feelers out there for the 2nd tier guys and bring some guys in. Who knows...there could be guys there now. Everyone knows how FBI'ish OBD has been lately.

Forward_Lateral
03-05-2010, 03:39 PM
At least Nix is being smart about it. Levy and company proved that just throwing a ton of cash at the first free agents that visit, does not work.

tampabay25690
03-05-2010, 04:22 PM
Im fine with the slow start

X-Era
03-05-2010, 04:41 PM
The only reason we had signings the first day in year's past is because Brandon threw a whole boat load of cash their way. Nix is going to put feelers out there for the 2nd tier guys and bring some guys in. Who knows...there could be guys there now. Everyone knows how FBI'ish OBD has been lately.

This just in:

2nd tier = backups

Not blasting you, just the lack of willingness to make the team better by the Bills.

ChristopherWalken
03-05-2010, 08:32 PM
Doesn't an FA first need to be interested in Buffalo as they are interested in them? Who wants to come interview with a team that has had 4 HCs and no post season in 10 years of football?