PDA

View Full Version : Tully Banta-Cain Resigns with Pats

DraftBoy
03-05-2010, 04:36 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Tully-BantaCain-resigns-with-Patriots.html

Veteran free agent outside linebacker Tully Banta-Cain has agreed to a three-year deal with a maximum value of nearly $19 million, re-sign with the New England Patriots, according to a league source.

He received a signing bonus of $6 million and will be paid $7 million in the first year of the deal.

better days
03-05-2010, 06:00 PM
The Pats* miss Bruski & Vrabel big time.

psubills62
03-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Wilfork also signed an extension - 5 years and 40 million.

Patriots signed NT Vince Wilfork to a five-year, $40 million contract. The deal includes $25 million guaranteed.

He got an $18 million signing bonus. The oft-frugal Patriots really ponied up here, showing just how much Wilfork is worth as the anchor of their 3-4 system despite being a two-down player. Wilfork, 28, has a good shot to fulfill the deal because nose tackles tend to last longer than most positions and he's shown no signs of decline. Wilfork is now the second highest paid defensive tackle in the league, behind only Washignton's Albert Haynesworth.

from rotoworld.com

Ickybaluky
03-05-2010, 08:24 PM
They re-signed Stephen Neal for 2 Yrs as well, which I'm glad about. He is an underrated player.

They are reportedly negotiating with Kevin Faulk as well, and I doubt he goes anywhere else. He has already said he wants to return, and Belichick loves him.

Leigh Bodden is still up in the air. His agent says they have been communicating with the Pats and may still return. There are other teams interested in him (in a thin class for CBs) though and he may get more money somewhere else. I hope he returns, he had a good year last year and is a solid player.

Then, there is the Brady, who will have to be dealt with soon. His is going to be a whopper.

Jarvis Green's agent says Denver wants him to visit. The Pats have made no effort to bring him back.

Ground Chuck
03-05-2010, 08:26 PM
When are they dumping Adalius Thomas?