X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigfish2112
    • Aug 2009

Dansby signs with dolphins

Filed to ESPN: Miami reached agreement with linebacker Karlos Dansby on a 5-year, $43 million deal, including $22 million guaranteed.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Re: Dansby signs with dolphins

22 million guaranteed. Jesus Christ it must be nice to be in the NFL.

Comment

• Slim
      • Apr 2004

Good move by the Fins.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

i hope Wade Smith can block him when he blitzes. at least their organization doesn't have a bunch of candy ass personnel who's afraid not to go after players, despite their numerous errors with FA signings and traded draft picks from previous regimes.
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

I've never been impressed with Dansby, but that's just me. He's never striked me as a game changer.

Comment

• Nublar7
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by The Spaz
            Definitely a lot of money. Linebacker is a tremendous need for the Dolphins and getting Dansby was a HUGE move for the Dolphins. The Dolphins still have a lot of work to do on the defensive side and really would benefit from adding a talented veteran receiver.

Even with Dansby in the fold, the linebacker position still needs a lot of work. Intial thought seems to put Dansby in the WLB position in the Dolphins' 3-4, but there were reports prior to free agency that the Dolphins felt he could also play SOLB. With Mike Nolan at the helm of the defense, I see them moving Dansby around quite a bit. With Porter, Ayodele and possibly Taylor leaving, they still need some pass rushing linebackers. Cameron Wake is blossoming, but besides him, they really have nothing at OLB. Also, I wouldn't consider Crowder at the MLB position a huge strength, but it is something that likely won't change. I hope they re-sign Taylor to a one year deal and draft a pair of OLBs in the draft.

Plus we need a new FS and possibly a new NT. Man, the Dolphins still have a lot of work to do, but Dansby is a huge positive step.

Comment

• Nublar7
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by PECKERWOOD
              I've never been impressed with Dansby, but that's just me. He's never striked me as a game changer.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOCAqdDQSsc

I consider that a "game changer". Wouldn't you agree?

Comment

• Buffalogic
                Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                • Feb 2006

Because he isn't. He's a nice linebacker but the cards dline made him look better than he is. He's good. I'd welcome him on the bills, but at same time I'm not worried he signed with the fins. I live in Phoenix I watch a lot of Cardinals.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

but he fills a need that the Fish needed to upgrade a STARTING position. they're not ****ing around with BACKUP OL and #4 WR's like the Bills are doing.
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Nublar7
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Wagon Circler 22
                    Because he isn't. He's a nice linebacker but the cards dline made him look better than he is. He's good. I'd welcome him on the bills, but at same time I'm not worried he signed with the fins. I live in Phoenix I watch a lot of Cardinals.
                    Dansby was by far the best linebacker available in this year's free agent class. Next to maybe David Harris he is easily now the second best inside linebacker in the AFC East and definitely a top 8 or so inside linebacker in the entire NFL.

The cool thing is the reports say Nolan is going to use him in some packages that would make him a SOLB.

Is Dansby the best at his position? Definitely not. Is he near the top? Absolutely. Next to Peppers, this will probably be the second biggest free agent signing this year across the league.
                    Last edited by Nublar7; 03-05-2010, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Mike13
                      • Aug 2005

Its a great move, the guy is a stud and he can literally do it all.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nublar7
                        Dansby was by far the best linebacker available in this year's free agent class. Next to maybe David Harris he is easily now the second best inside linebacker in the AFC East and definitely a top 8 or so inside linebacker in the entire NFL.

The cool thing is the reports say Nolan is going to use him in some packages that would make him a SOLB.

Is Dansby the best at his position? Definitely not. Is he near the top? Absolutely. Next to Peppers, this will probably be the second biggest free agent signing this year across the league.

our candy-assed organization is too afraid to make a move like this. that's why we blow balls year in and year out.

Comment

• Slim
                          • Apr 2004

This is in the wrong forum BTW.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                            • Feb 2004

Good LB but for the $$$ just like Peppers not worth it at all.....
                            GO Gators!!!!!!
                            GO GATORS!!

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                              We play to win the game!
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by The Spaz
                              Thats nothing compared to Baseball players. Besides the 22 mill nothing else is guaranteed.

Comment

Working...
                              X