PDA

View Full Version : Dansby signs with dolphins

bigfish2112
03-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Filed to ESPN: Miami reached agreement with linebacker Karlos Dansby on a 5-year, $43 million deal, including $22 million guaranteed.

The Spaz
03-05-2010, 07:21 PM
22 million guaranteed. Jesus Christ it must be nice to be in the NFL.

Slim
03-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Good move by the Fins.

SABURZFAN
03-05-2010, 07:25 PM
i hope Wade Smith can block him when he blitzes. at least their organization doesn't have a bunch of candy ass personnel who's afraid not to go after players, despite their numerous errors with FA signings and traded draft picks from previous regimes.

PECKERWOOD
03-05-2010, 07:37 PM
I've never been impressed with Dansby, but that's just me. He's never striked me as a game changer.

Nublar7
03-05-2010, 07:40 PM
22 million guaranteed. Jesus Christ it must be nice to be in the NFL.Definitely a lot of money. Linebacker is a tremendous need for the Dolphins and getting Dansby was a HUGE move for the Dolphins. The Dolphins still have a lot of work to do on the defensive side and really would benefit from adding a talented veteran receiver.

Even with Dansby in the fold, the linebacker position still needs a lot of work. Intial thought seems to put Dansby in the WLB position in the Dolphins' 3-4, but there were reports prior to free agency that the Dolphins felt he could also play SOLB. With Mike Nolan at the helm of the defense, I see them moving Dansby around quite a bit. With Porter, Ayodele and possibly Taylor leaving, they still need some pass rushing linebackers. Cameron Wake is blossoming, but besides him, they really have nothing at OLB. Also, I wouldn't consider Crowder at the MLB position a huge strength, but it is something that likely won't change. I hope they re-sign Taylor to a one year deal and draft a pair of OLBs in the draft.

Plus we need a new FS and possibly a new NT. Man, the Dolphins still have a lot of work to do, but Dansby is a huge positive step.

Nublar7
03-05-2010, 07:42 PM
I've never been impressed with Dansby, but that's just me. He's never striked me as a game changer.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOCAqdDQSsc

I consider that a "game changer". Wouldn't you agree?

Buffalogic
03-05-2010, 07:46 PM
I've never been impressed with Dansby, but that's just me. He's never striked me as a game changer.Because he isn't. He's a nice linebacker but the cards dline made him look better than he is. He's good. I'd welcome him on the bills, but at same time I'm not worried he signed with the fins. I live in Phoenix I watch a lot of Cardinals.

SABURZFAN
03-05-2010, 07:48 PM
I've never been impressed with Dansby, but that's just me. He's never striked me as a game changer.

but he fills a need that the Fish needed to upgrade a STARTING position. they're not ****ing around with BACKUP OL and #4 WR's like the Bills are doing.

Nublar7
03-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Because he isn't. He's a nice linebacker but the cards dline made him look better than he is. He's good. I'd welcome him on the bills, but at same time I'm not worried he signed with the fins. I live in Phoenix I watch a lot of Cardinals.Dansby was by far the best linebacker available in this year's free agent class. Next to maybe David Harris he is easily now the second best inside linebacker in the AFC East and definitely a top 8 or so inside linebacker in the entire NFL.

The cool thing is the reports say Nolan is going to use him in some packages that would make him a SOLB.

Is Dansby the best at his position? Definitely not. Is he near the top? Absolutely. Next to Peppers, this will probably be the second biggest free agent signing this year across the league.

Mike13
03-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Its a great move, the guy is a stud and he can literally do it all.

SABURZFAN
03-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Dansby was by far the best linebacker available in this year's free agent class. Next to maybe David Harris he is easily now the second best inside linebacker in the AFC East and definitely a top 8 or so inside linebacker in the entire NFL.

The cool thing is the reports say Nolan is going to use him in some packages that would make him a SOLB.

Is Dansby the best at his position? Definitely not. Is he near the top? Absolutely. Next to Peppers, this will probably be the second biggest free agent signing this year across the league.

our candy-assed organization is too afraid to make a move like this. that's why we blow balls year in and year out.

Slim
03-05-2010, 08:04 PM
This is in the wrong forum BTW.

tampabay25690
03-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Good LB but for the $$$ just like Peppers not worth it at all.....

BuffaloBlitz83
03-05-2010, 08:24 PM
22 million guaranteed. Jesus Christ it must be nice to be in the NFL.

Thats nothing compared to Baseball players. Besides the 22 mill nothing else is guaranteed.

tampabay25690
03-05-2010, 08:31 PM
Good LB but for the $$$ just like Peppers not worth it at all.....

When u spend $$$ like that it better be a player that will change the game...
A LB is not that unless you are LT.....
Sorry he just so happens to be the best LB out there and he got paid..

DieHrdBillsFan23
03-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Hes the highest paid ILB in the NFL now???, i think he is alittle overpaid. I mean come on, Ray Lewis and Brian Urlaucher(sp) are far better ILB and came changers and proven leaders of there defenses, yet Dansby gets crazy silly money. Maybe the Dolp****s needed to cleary overspend to make sure dansby didnt leave and go to NYG for a visit where im sure he would have signed. Just my opinion.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Dansby is much more dangerous as an outside linebacker the 4-3. It's a good move by them but they need that offensive fire power.

Nighthawk
03-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Dansby was by far the best linebacker available in this year's free agent class. Next to maybe David Harris he is easily now the second best inside linebacker in the AFC East and definitely a top 8 or so inside linebacker in the entire NFL.

You do realize that that isn't saying much...don't you? I like Dansby and would love to have him as a Bill, but he is not a gamechanger....good LB, not great.

Nublar7
03-05-2010, 09:58 PM
You do realize that that isn't saying much...don't you? I like Dansby and would love to have him as a Bill, but he is not a gamechanger....good LB, not great.Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Nighthawk
03-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Guess we will just have to wait and see.

I guess so...time will tell. Either way, he is WAY over paid.

Mike13
03-05-2010, 10:36 PM
It is what it is.

Mike in Syracuse
03-05-2010, 11:35 PM
Way to overspend Miami. Anyone that says that they didn't overpay is either ******ed or a total Dophin homer.

Perhaps they should focus on a QB and someone to throw to?

LtFinFan66
03-05-2010, 11:53 PM
I am sure if the Bills had signed him you guys would be saying different things...just saying.

Crisis
03-05-2010, 11:55 PM
I am sure if the Bills had signed him you guys would be saying different things...just saying.

And I'm sure the same is true for every Dolphin fan posting in this thread.

LtFinFan66
03-06-2010, 12:08 AM
probably...except me perhaps since I don't talk smack

BuffaloBlitz83
03-06-2010, 12:14 AM
Who ****ing cares it is an uncapped year. We, bills fans are hypocrites. If we signed Dansby we'd be doing cartwheels.

ZAZusmc03
03-06-2010, 12:18 AM
Who ****ing cares it is an uncapped year. We, bills fans are hypocrites. If we signed Dansby we'd be doing cartwheels.

Would we though? When we have a decent player, we completely rip apart their game. When we want a player, we talk them up until someone else signs them, then all of a sudden they sucked in the first place.

Ok I agree with you. Regardless of who we have or want, we are hypocrites the entire time anyways, I think that comes with the fandom.

dplus47
03-06-2010, 12:44 AM
When u spend $$$ like that it better be a player that will change the game...
A LB is not that unless you are LT.....
Sorry he just so happens to be the best LB out there and he got paid..

He just happens to be the best guy available at a position that is one of Miami's biggest needs. Miami's ILB play was abysmal last year. In addition, there is no salary cap this year. I guess you're suggesting it's better to leave your team's biggest needs unattended in order to... in order to... I'm not sure what, really. Interesting philosophy.

BuffaloBlitz83
03-06-2010, 01:01 AM
Uncapped year, hello!

Nighthawk
03-06-2010, 06:37 AM

Yeah, Ok.

Nighthawk
03-06-2010, 06:40 AM

Like I said, I'd love to have him, but he is making the money that a difference maker should earn. He is a piece to the puzzle...not a guy who can change things dramatically. No matter who he signed with, I'd feel the same way.

Nighthawk
03-06-2010, 06:41 AM

No, you just go around talking smack with your negs...like a little girl.

!Papacrunk!
03-06-2010, 08:41 AM

all fans are alike we all do the same thing, but we'll have to see if Miami gives Dansby a key to the city. Speaking of which, wasn't TO supposed to give the key back if he didn't come through with some promise ersomething?

Nighthawk
03-06-2010, 09:11 AM
all fans are alike we all do the same thing, but we'll have to see if Miami gives Dansby a key to the city. Speaking of which, wasn't TO supposed to give the key back if he didn't come through with some promise ersomething?

Yeah, I'm still waiting for him to return the key!

Nublar7
03-06-2010, 09:37 AM
Way to overspend Miami. Anyone that says that they didn't overpay is either ******ed or a total Dophin homer.

Perhaps they should focus on a QB and someone to throw to?There is no cap anymore, so who really cares if they overpaid? It isn't my money. The Dolphins needed to improve at linebacker and they got the best linebacker on the market. Like I said earlier, he is now arguably the second best inside linebacker in the AFC East.

I will give you that the Dolphins need to look at someone to throw to, but unlike the Bills, the Dolphins don't need to get a QB. They have their starter(Henne), veteran backup(Pennington) a wildcard(White) and another solid veteran who they will probably shop(Thigpen).

Nighthawk
03-06-2010, 09:48 AM
There is no cap anymore, so who really cares if they overpaid? It isn't my money. The Dolphins needed to improve at linebacker and they got the best linebacker on the market. Like I said earlier, he is now arguably the second best inside linebacker in the AFC East.

I will give you that the Dolphins need to look at someone to throw to, but unlike the Bills, the Dolphins don't need to get a QB. They have their starter(Henne), veteran backup(Pennington) a wildcard(White) and another solid veteran who they will probably shop(Thigpen).

I hear ya, but do you really believe the cap isn't coming back? I believe that many teams are very concerned with that and it may come back to bite certain teams that throw stupid money around during this offseason. There will be a cap in the next CBA...you can bet on it.

By the way, I would like the Bills to get Thigpen...I like the kid and think he has "it"...

Mike13
03-06-2010, 10:25 AM
wasnt there a thread here a few weeks ago saying that the Bills should sign Dansby? And now that he's a Dolphin all of a sudden he sucks.

Nighthawk
03-06-2010, 03:56 PM
wasnt there a thread here a few weeks ago saying that the Bills should sign Dansby? And now that he's a Dolphin all of a sudden he sucks.

Not quite sure where you've read that he sucks...maybe you're drinking?

psubills62
03-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Dansby in no way "sucks." He might be overrated based on what he was paid, but he's still a very good player.

Just look at his stats - the guy makes plays. Averaged nearly 5 sacks per game his first five years. Ranks decently in passes defensed, has at least 1 FF per year, and at least 1 INT every year except one.

The only thing that was odd was his lack of stats in 2009, a contract year. Granted, his last 3 years have technically been contract years. However, his sacks especially had a fairly significant decline in 2009. I don't think too much should be read into it, but it could be a cause for concern. Is he worth 22 million guaranteed? Probably not, but that's just how the free agent market works. Honestly, the majority of UFA's who test the market end up getting overpaid.

THRILLHO
03-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Miami did not overpay. They greatly improved thier team by signing someone of great skill and talent. Is LB a real game changing position? Not in my opinion. But the fact is, they are upgrading, and getting better. NE has resigned Wilfork, and Banta-Cain, the Jets have Cromartie. We have George Wilson tendered. Ralphie has decided to sit by the pond and feed the ducks. :birds:

LtFinFan66
03-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Yeah, Ok.feel free to elaborate

LtFinFan66
03-06-2010, 10:12 PM
No, you just go around talking smack with your negs...like a little girl.#1: Prove it

#2: You are right....it is my right. Just as it's everyone's right. Just as it's anyone's right to act like a complete dickhead on a message board:up:

The infamous internet tough guy types who would probably curl up in the fetal position if confronted in real life

Nighthawk
03-06-2010, 11:23 PM
#1: Prove it

#2: You are right....it is my right. Just as it's everyone's right. Just as it's anyone's right to act like a complete dickhead on a message board:up:

The infamous internet tough guy types who would probably curl up in the fetal position if confronted in real life

Yeah, well that isn't me...so keep fooling yourself. I sign my negs...feel free to man up and do so yourself.

LtFinFan66
03-06-2010, 11:23 PM
donate

Nighthawk
03-06-2010, 11:26 PM
donate

Yeah, keep hiding behind that one...

LtFinFan66
03-07-2010, 01:12 AM
Not hiding...just stating a FACT. If you can't deal with that....suck it up

Mike
03-07-2010, 05:01 AM
I dont get why many of you say that Dansby is not a playmaker. I live in phx, originally from buffalo and I can tell you that he is definatly a playmaker. If you saw the playoff game between the Packers and the Cards, he was the one that intercepted that last pass for a TD. He was a the game changer -someting he has done often. Watching both the bills and cards, I would take Dansby over Pos or any other bills LB any day of the week.

Nighthawk
03-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Not hiding...just stating a FACT. If you can't deal with that....suck it up

Last time I checked, you don't have to donate to visit this site...as I stated, keep hiding behind that one.

LtFinFan66
03-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Last time I checked, you don't have to donate to visit this site...as I stated, keep hiding behind that one.well...you can visit all you like....just don't cry if someone doesn't sign a neg because donating fixes that problem. So cry if you like but it seems that you are the one hiding not me

Nighthawk
03-07-2010, 10:18 AM
well...you can visit all you like....just don't cry if someone doesn't sign a neg because donating fixes that problem. So cry if you like but it seems that you are the one hiding not me

Nope...just man up and sign it...like anybody else with a set.

LtFinFan66
03-07-2010, 10:19 AM
well if you know it's me, why should I bother:idunno:

Nighthawk
03-07-2010, 10:21 AM
well if you know it's me, why should I bother:idunno:

You're the only person on this board who stalks my posts and negs them whenever possible, so, yeah...I know it's you.

LtFinFan66
03-07-2010, 10:22 AM
hard to stalk your posts when you are on ignore

Nighthawk
03-07-2010, 10:28 AM
hard to stalk your posts when you are on ignore

Hmmm, but you still find a way to respond to my posts and neg me...the math doesn't work.

LtFinFan66
03-07-2010, 10:33 AM
well I can view a post if I chose and I figured you had some crazy comment for this thread so I checked it out and was correct. and for the record...I don't chose people to neg. they choose themselves by being a douche to me in the past for no reason. I don't forgive

Nighthawk
03-07-2010, 10:35 AM
well I can view a post if I chose and I figured you had some crazy comment for this thread so I checked it out and was correct

Not really, my comments are pretty factual...and nothing I posted is considered crazy by anybody but yourself. Are you seeing the common thread here...you stalk my posts for anything to neg...kind of creepy. By the way...you're being the douche, not me...I don't neg people because they disagree with my posts...only when they are acting like an idiot. And I definitely don't go around looking to neg a specific poster, just for the hell of it.

LtFinFan66
03-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Not really, my comments are pretty factual...and nothing I posted is considered crazy by anybody but yourself. Are you seeing the common thread here...you stalk my posts for anything to neg...kind of creepy. By the way...you're being the douche, not me...I don't neg people because they disagree with my posts...only when they are acting like an idiot. And I definitely don't go around looking to neg a specific poster, just for the hell of it.you acted like a douche to me from day one simply because I am a Dolphin fan. Not taking time to know the person behind the fandom. That I don't forget. I hereby promise to sign any neg to you and will only neg you if it is well deserved. Fair enough:cheers:

Nighthawk
03-07-2010, 10:47 AM
you acted like a douche to me from day one simply because I am a Dolphin fan. Not taking time to know the person behind the fandom. That I don't forget. I hereby promise to sign any neg to you and will only neg you if it is well deserved. Fair enough:cheers:

Sounds good...

LtFinFan66
03-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Sounds good...cool