PDA

View Full Version : DEMARYIUS THOMAS, WR- Gailey ties

BuffaloBlitz83
03-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Draft Countdown has us taking him in round 2. He played for Gailey at Georgia Tech. He broke his foot tho but will be healed by OTA.

Georgia Tech wide receiver Demaryius Thomas broke his left foot on Wednesday while preparing for next week's NFL scouting combine. The injury occurred while Thomas was practicing the three-cone drill. He has been ruled out of participating in any of the combine workouts. His agent, Todd France, told SI.com that it was a clean break and doctors expect a recovery time of four-to-six weeks. Although, surgery is a possibility. "There are no long term effects from the injury and Demaryius will be 100 percent by the time OTAs begin," France said. "If surgery hastens the healing process, that is something we will consider." Thomas is 6-foot-3, 227 pounds and recently ran a verified 4.38 in the 40-yard dash, which was filmed and will be sent to every team in the league. Thomas led the Atlantic Coast Conference with 1,154 receiving yards last season.

Fantasy Analysis:
Thomas has the look of a guy who can be a fantasy contributor right away. Obviously, a glance at his size, speed and college reminds you of another former Yellow Jacket wide receiver: Calvin Johnson. Let's not get carried away. Johnson is a freak and clearly one of the best receivers in the game. Thomas has been climbing up mock draft boards recently. While this is a setback, he is still a first-round talent and someone to definitely keep your eye on in the preseason, depending on which team selects him.

New Ro's Greatest
03-05-2010, 09:32 PM
This dude could be special. Don't want us to go WR in the 1st 3 rounds but if so i don't mind this guy. GO BILLS:tip:

scartown
03-05-2010, 09:48 PM
I would love to have this kid on the team.

ServoBillieves
03-05-2010, 09:59 PM
Let's play Rock/Paper/Hargrove

Hargrove. See this one happening. Later rounder, guy has decent numbers A straight up Gailey guy, hence why he played for him... But is a definie possibility as a Reed-type receiver.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-05-2010, 10:10 PM
would rather get some help in the trenches but i would be excited....

TigerJ
03-05-2010, 10:11 PM
I understand he didn't have to do a lot of precise route running, so he's likely to be a project player. He's big, strong, fast, and has good hands though.

Mike13
03-05-2010, 10:34 PM
He's got all the talent in the world, he just needs to learn how to run more than two routes.

JCBills
03-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Let's play Rock/Paper/Hargrove

Hargrove. See this one happening. Later rounder, guy has decent numbers A straight up Gailey guy, hence why he played for him... But is a definie possibility as a Reed-type receiver.
Reed-type?

Thomas is an absolute burner with size, the exact opposite of Reed.

Granted, Thomas also ran maybe 4 routes at GT, he's quite an athlete.

He's still a borderline 1st round pick, could fall, but is by no means a late rounder.

BuffaloBlitz83
03-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Reed-type?

Thomas is an absolute burner with size, the exact opposite of Reed.

Granted, Thomas also ran maybe 4 routes at GT, he's quite an athlete.

He's still a borderline 1st round pick, could fall, but is by no means a late rounder.

leg break can make him fall to 2nd or 3rd

Don't Panic
03-06-2010, 06:38 AM
Probably 2nd... I was hearing a lot about him possibly getting a first round grade before the leg break. Since it's not a serious injury, I don't see him falling too far.

I love the kid, and you know Gailey does too. If we can address either LT (doubtful) or NT in FA, I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him or Gronk with our 2nd. I'd rather do that than take a chance on Bryant in the first.

Yasgur's Farm
03-06-2010, 07:40 AM
I've got Thomas at the top od round 2. If he's ther in round 3 we gotta take him... He'd be an absolute steal there.

better days
03-06-2010, 07:48 AM
If he broke his foot that is more trickey than a leg break. I don't see him drafted before the 4th.