PDA

View Full Version : Meat and Potatoes

bflojohn
03-05-2010, 09:36 PM
The great Wade Smith notwithstanding, I am hopefully sensing that the Bills will put the OL and DL cornerstones together this offseason through the draft. If I had my way, we'd literally draft all OL's, DL's and LB's and never look back! I know that WR is a potential mess, but let's see who they do bring in in free agency. My draft wish list would look something akin to what follows....
1.) Jason Pierre-Paul, DE
2.) Jerry Hughes, OLB
3.) Cam Thomas, NT
4.)John Jerry,OT
5.)C.J. Wilson, DE
6.) Perry Riley,ILB
6.) Kevin Basped, OLB

JCBills
03-05-2010, 10:55 PM
I don't know how well Riley translates to ILB. I was keeping track of him for a while before we announced the 3-4 switch.

I'm not buying into the JPP hype.

I think Hughes could be a monster player for us.

Same goes with C.J. Wilson, I think he could make one hell of a 3-4 RE.

psubills62
03-05-2010, 11:28 PM
I'm 95% positive that Pierre-Paul would be an OLB in our scheme, not a DE. Would not be a fan of most of that draft, tbh.

bflojohn
03-06-2010, 01:11 AM
I am just starting to warm to the potential pass rush that JP-P could provide, however my point is that the draft, this year, has to be special. We all have favorites, but essentially, what do you foresee if the Bills did lay the groundwork for a formidable OL and DL. Mine is heavily slanted to the defensive side of the ball, but the truth is that defense can steal games that the oddsmakers miss on. Besides, a much stouter defense would set up better field position starts for the offense overall. Personally, I want this team to be feared on the defensive side of the ball. GO BILLS!!!
Give me your ideas for building the "D".

JCBills
03-06-2010, 01:28 AM
I am just starting to warm to the potential pass rush that JP-P could provide, however my point is that the draft, this year, has to be special. We all have favorites, but essentially, what do you foresee if the Bills did lay the groundwork for a formidable OL and DL. Mine is heavily slanted to the defensive side of the ball, but the truth is that defense can steal games that the oddsmakers miss on. Besides, a much stouter defense would set up better field position starts for the offense overall. Personally, I want this team to be feared on the defensive side of the ball. GO BILLS!!!
Give me your ideas for building the "D".

I'm also hoping they draft D-heavy.

I don't think the field position argument applies though, we had the best average starting field position in 2008 and couldn't do a thing with it, but that's more inadequacy in the coaching department and poor QB play.

If it were up to me to try to build the defense this draft, my dream scenario would work out like this:

Donte Whitner to KC for #99(4th round) pick. Kansas City needs safety help badly at both positions, Whitner was actually having a career season (metrically) before getting hurt, and played at a high level when returning.

Kyle Williams + #184(6th round) pick to IND for #63(2nd round) pick. The Colts are in big need of a DT, and I think they would give up this pick to land a proven 4-3 DT. They were ready to send a 4th for McCargo, so Williams should have high trade value, metrically he has been a top 10 DT over the past two seasons.

#9(1st round) pick for #21(1st round) pick + #54(2nd round) pick + 2011 4th round pick.

1. (#21) Jerry Hughes - OLB - TCU - 6'1¾" 255 Lbs

2. (#41) Rodger Saffold - OT - Indiana - 6'4½" 316 Lbs

2. (#63) Dan LeFevour - QB - Central Michigan - 6'3'' 230 Lbs

3. (#73) Torrell Troup - NT - UCF - 6'2½" 314 Lbs

4. (#99) C.J. Wilson - DE - ECU - 6'3'' 290 Lbs

4. (#105) Taylor Price - WR - Ohio - 6'0⅜" 204 Lbs

5. (#137) Ed Wang - OT - Virginia Tech - 6'4½'' 314 Lbs

6. (#169) Brandon Deaderick - DE - Alabama - 6'4'' 314 Lbs

7. (#194) Travis Ivey - NT - Maryland - 6'4'' 326 Lbs

7. (#201) BPA