• Show
Clear All
  • ChristopherWalken
    • Dec 2002

Pennington re-signs with the Dolphins: "Trade Bonus"

Sources: Pennington signs for one year
    By Chris Mortensen
    ESPN.com

Chad Pennington will return to the Miami Dolphins.

The two sides have reached an agreement in which Pennington will receive a one-year contract for $2.5 million but allow for another $1.515 million if he is traded, according to sources. A team interested in Pennington confirmed that it was informed of Pennington's renewed commitment to the Dolphins.

• T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Re: Pennington re-signs with the Dolphins: "Trade Bonus"

Tyler Thigpen, welcome to Buffalo.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by T-Long
      Yep and I'd welcome him with open arms.

Comment

• Luisito23
        Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
        • Apr 2003

Good! I'm glad penny arm won't be here!!!
        "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
        ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
        ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• mrdeadlier
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by T-Long
          I liked what Chan Gailey did with him in KC, but do you think it's something that can be counted upon on a more permanent basic?

But I DO like Thigpen, he's an athletic QB that gives you some different options.
          #BillsMafia. Created by the fans and embraced by the players. Join the family.

Comment

• Slim
            • Apr 2004

So Miami will have Henne, Pennington, and White all active on gamedays. This may have lowered Thigpens price tag. I doubt we'll get him for anything lower than a 5th or 6th considering it's a trade between rivals.

Comment

• Syderick
              • Apr 2006

The Bills should take a look at Tyler Thigpen.
              3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• Nublar7
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Slim
                So Miami will have Henne, Pennington, and White all active on gamedays. This may have lowered Thigpens price tag. I doubt we'll get him for anything lower than a 5th or 6th considering it's a trade between rivals.
                Henne and White will likely be the only ones "activated" on game days. Pennington will dress as the emergency third QB.

Miami will likely try and trade Thigpen, which in my mind is a very risky move. Pennington signed a one year deal, will be 34 years old this season and very likely will retire after the season. Thigpen could be a great long term backup option to Henne, so if they do make a trade, they will likely try to get some serious value.

Miami didn't grant Pennington the no trade clause, because they wanted to keep their options open. If they only get 5th round pick offers for Thigpen, then they will likely turn their attention to moving Pennington in a trade. I think Thigpen could be had by 28 NFL teams for a 4th round pick. The three other teams(Jets, Bills, Patriots) would likely have to give up at least a 3rd round pick.

Comment

• SaviorEdwards
                  • Feb 2010

Welcome to Buffalo Timmy Tebow!!!!
                  "The best things to happen to Michigan Football have come from Ohio." - Chris Spielman

Comment

• Slim
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nublar7
                    Henne and White will likely be the only ones "activated" on game days. Pennington will dress as the emergency third QB.

Miami will likely try and trade Thigpen, which in my mind is a very risky move. Pennington signed a one year deal, will be 34 years old this season and very likely will retire after the season. Thigpen could be a great long term backup option to Henne, so if they do make a trade, they will likely try to get some serious value.

Miami didn't grant Pennington the no trade clause, because they wanted to keep their options open. If they only get 5th round pick offers for Thigpen, then they will likely turn their attention to moving Pennington in a trade. I think Thigpen could be had by 28 NFL teams for a 4th round pick. The three other teams(Jets, Bills, Patriots) would likely have to give up at least a 3rd round pick.

I disagree. I fourth AT the most. Look at the history of trades. Boldin who is one of the most dominant recievers in the game got moved for a 3rd and 4th, not to mention ARI got a 5th in return.

Comment

• Slim
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by SaviorEdwards
                      Welcome to Buffalo Timmy Tebow!!!!
                      Clean off your keyboard from all your Tebow spooge and stop jacking threads.

Comment

• Nublar7
                        • Oct 2004

I disagree. I fourth AT the most. Look at the history of trades. Boldin who is one of the most dominant recievers in the game got moved for a 3rd and 4th, not to mention ARI got a 5th in return.
                        The Dolphins gave up a 5th round pick for Thigpen, in the top half of the round. They are not just going to turn around and give him away for equal or less value. They won't bite at offers of a 6th round pick or 5th round pick. A 4th round pick is likely going to be the price tag, but when it comes to division rivals, you can expect the price tag to jump one round. The Bills probably view Thigpen as their starter for the 2010 season if they make a trade for him. No way the Dolphins just hand a division rival their starting QB. If the Bills want him, they are going to have to offer up more then he is worth, so like I said, a third round pick will get it done.

Otherwise he could go to a NFC team for a 4th round pick. I would rather take a low 4th round pick from a team like the Cowboys then a high 4th round pick from the Bills.

Comment

• Slim
                          • Apr 2004

The Dolphins gave up a 5th round pick for Thigpen, in the top half of the round. They are not just going to turn around and give him away for equal or less value. They won't bite at offers of a 6th round pick or 5th round pick. A 4th round pick is likely going to be the price tag, but when it comes to division rivals, you can expect the price tag to jump one round. The Bills probably view Thigpen as their starter for the 2010 season if they make a trade for him. No way the Dolphins just hand a division rival their starting QB. If the Bills want him, they are going to have to offer up more then he is worth, so like I said, a third round pick will get it done.

Otherwise he could go to a NFC team for a 4th round pick. I would rather take a low 4th round pick from a team like the Cowboys then a high 4th round pick from the Bills.
                          Newbie, I understand this. He's not worth a 3rd. That is all.

Comment

• Nublar7
                            • Oct 2004

Newbie, I understand this. He's not worth a 3rd. That is all.
                            Slimjim, apparently you didn't. Otherwise I wouldn't have had to repeat myself.

Comment

• Slim
                              • Apr 2004

Slimjim, apparently you didn't. Otherwise I wouldn't have had to repeat myself.
                              I was under the impression you enjoyed hearing yourself type. That would explain you repeating yourself.

I would consider giving a fourth and or second pick in the sixth round possibly.

Comment

Working...
                              X