PDA

View Full Version : Pennington re-signs with the Dolphins: "Trade Bonus"

ChristopherWalken
03-06-2010, 03:54 AM
Sources: Pennington signs for one year
By Chris Mortensen
ESPN.com

Chad Pennington will return to the Miami Dolphins.

The two sides have reached an agreement in which Pennington will receive a one-year contract for $2.5 million but allow for another $1.515 million if he is traded, according to sources. A team interested in Pennington confirmed that it was informed of Pennington's renewed commitment to the Dolphins.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4970681

T-Long
03-06-2010, 06:00 AM
Tyler Thigpen, welcome to Buffalo.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-06-2010, 06:59 AM

Yep and I'd welcome him with open arms.

Luisito23
03-06-2010, 07:37 AM
Good! I'm glad penny arm won't be here!!!

mrdeadlier
03-06-2010, 07:39 AM

I liked what Chan Gailey did with him in KC, but do you think it's something that can be counted upon on a more permanent basic?

But I DO like Thigpen, he's an athletic QB that gives you some different options.

Slim
03-06-2010, 02:10 PM
So Miami will have Henne, Pennington, and White all active on gamedays. This may have lowered Thigpens price tag. I doubt we'll get him for anything lower than a 5th or 6th considering it's a trade between rivals.

Syderick
03-06-2010, 03:13 PM
The Bills should take a look at Tyler Thigpen.

Nublar7
03-06-2010, 04:34 PM
So Miami will have Henne, Pennington, and White all active on gamedays. This may have lowered Thigpens price tag. I doubt we'll get him for anything lower than a 5th or 6th considering it's a trade between rivals.Henne and White will likely be the only ones "activated" on game days. Pennington will dress as the emergency third QB.

Miami will likely try and trade Thigpen, which in my mind is a very risky move. Pennington signed a one year deal, will be 34 years old this season and very likely will retire after the season. Thigpen could be a great long term backup option to Henne, so if they do make a trade, they will likely try to get some serious value.

Miami didn't grant Pennington the no trade clause, because they wanted to keep their options open. If they only get 5th round pick offers for Thigpen, then they will likely turn their attention to moving Pennington in a trade. I think Thigpen could be had by 28 NFL teams for a 4th round pick. The three other teams(Jets, Bills, Patriots) would likely have to give up at least a 3rd round pick.

SaviorEdwards
03-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Welcome to Buffalo Timmy Tebow!!!!

Slim
03-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Henne and White will likely be the only ones "activated" on game days. Pennington will dress as the emergency third QB.

Miami will likely try and trade Thigpen, which in my mind is a very risky move. Pennington signed a one year deal, will be 34 years old this season and very likely will retire after the season. Thigpen could be a great long term backup option to Henne, so if they do make a trade, they will likely try to get some serious value.

Miami didn't grant Pennington the no trade clause, because they wanted to keep their options open. If they only get 5th round pick offers for Thigpen, then they will likely turn their attention to moving Pennington in a trade. I think Thigpen could be had by 28 NFL teams for a 4th round pick. The three other teams(Jets, Bills, Patriots) would likely have to give up at least a 3rd round pick.

I disagree. I fourth AT the most. Look at the history of trades. Boldin who is one of the most dominant recievers in the game got moved for a 3rd and 4th, not to mention ARI got a 5th in return.

Slim
03-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Welcome to Buffalo Timmy Tebow!!!!

Clean off your keyboard from all your Tebow spooge and stop jacking threads.

Nublar7
03-06-2010, 05:38 PM
I disagree. I fourth AT the most. Look at the history of trades. Boldin who is one of the most dominant recievers in the game got moved for a 3rd and 4th, not to mention ARI got a 5th in return.The Dolphins gave up a 5th round pick for Thigpen, in the top half of the round. They are not just going to turn around and give him away for equal or less value. They won't bite at offers of a 6th round pick or 5th round pick. A 4th round pick is likely going to be the price tag, but when it comes to division rivals, you can expect the price tag to jump one round. The Bills probably view Thigpen as their starter for the 2010 season if they make a trade for him. No way the Dolphins just hand a division rival their starting QB. If the Bills want him, they are going to have to offer up more then he is worth, so like I said, a third round pick will get it done.

Otherwise he could go to a NFC team for a 4th round pick. I would rather take a low 4th round pick from a team like the Cowboys then a high 4th round pick from the Bills.

Slim
03-06-2010, 05:48 PM
The Dolphins gave up a 5th round pick for Thigpen, in the top half of the round. They are not just going to turn around and give him away for equal or less value. They won't bite at offers of a 6th round pick or 5th round pick. A 4th round pick is likely going to be the price tag, but when it comes to division rivals, you can expect the price tag to jump one round. The Bills probably view Thigpen as their starter for the 2010 season if they make a trade for him. No way the Dolphins just hand a division rival their starting QB. If the Bills want him, they are going to have to offer up more then he is worth, so like I said, a third round pick will get it done.

Otherwise he could go to a NFC team for a 4th round pick. I would rather take a low 4th round pick from a team like the Cowboys then a high 4th round pick from the Bills.

Newbie, I understand this. He's not worth a 3rd. That is all.

Nublar7
03-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Newbie, I understand this. He's not worth a 3rd. That is all.Slimjim, apparently you didn't. Otherwise I wouldn't have had to repeat myself.

Slim
03-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Slimjim, apparently you didn't. Otherwise I wouldn't have had to repeat myself.

I was under the impression you enjoyed hearing yourself type. That would explain you repeating yourself.

I would consider giving a fourth and or second pick in the sixth round possibly.

Slim
03-06-2010, 06:08 PM
By the way, your neg was really powerfull. It's not even a lit green or red, it's like a light bulb that burned out.

Nublar7
03-06-2010, 06:16 PM
By the way, your neg was really powerfull. It's not even a lit green or red, it's like a light bulb that burned out.yawn, like I really care.

Nice comment though on the rep you gave me. Man you have some gay, child molesting thoughts in your mind. I don't leave a message on my rep, but you come back all gangster. Feel cool now? lol. Get a life pal and let the big boys talk football, son.

Slim
03-06-2010, 06:17 PM
yawn, like I really care.

Nice comment though on the rep you gave me. Man you have some gay, child molesting thoughts in your mind. I don't leave a message on my rep, but you come back all gangster. Feel cool now? lol. Get a life pal and let the big boys talk football, son.

WTF are you talking about?

LtFinFan66
03-06-2010, 09:02 PM
So Miami will have Henne, Pennington, and White all active on gamedays. This may have lowered Thigpens price tag. I doubt we'll get him for anything lower than a 5th or 6th considering it's a trade between rivals.hopefully the Pat White Wildcat experiment has ended