PDA

View Full Version : Bills MIA again.

Canadian'eh!
03-06-2010, 08:27 AM
I honestly can't believe how little I care aout this team now. I've only very casually checked a few times to see what is going down.

Of course, with the floor gone from the spending amount. the Bills aren't even putting up the facade of trying to improve.

At somepoint you will get your 1 move that makes people tlak and sells some tickets, and that's it.

Not even a RUMOR of top FA's coming here. Even the fans don't bother to SPECULATE about good players.

You get Wade "free hotel room" Smith.

What a ****ing joke.

Dr. Lecter
03-06-2010, 08:42 AM
The last two years the Bills did make big splashes, with Stroud and TO. So it is not like they are inactive all of the time.

Problem is, this team has about 12 actual starters on this roster. This year is a throw away. So shy go nuts in FA, especially in a year that the pickings are slim? How many teams have actually done anything?

ChanGailey
03-06-2010, 08:52 AM
The last two years the Bills did make big splashes, with Stroud and TO. So it is not like they are inactive all of the time.

Problem is, this team has about 12 actual starters on this roster. This year is a throw away. So shy go nuts in FA, especially in a year that the pickings are slim? How many teams have actually done anything?

Dont compare the Bills to other teams. How many of the teams your referring to can we beat? None? So we need help the most?

Last year, Denver was switching schemes, they signed a million guys and made them compete. They came out 6-0. Like I said I understand they slipped down the stretch, but they had wins against quality teams and their clearly headed in the right direction.

New England wins the division and is still trying to get Peppers and Boldin. They didn't do it, at least they tried.

We are sitting there doing NOTHING acting like we don't need anybody. Half of our team is forced to switch positions!

I'm sick of people defending the lack of activity. If you need a salemen, you hire a salemen. If you need a mechanic, you hire a mechanic. If your team has no talent, go out and get as much talent as f'n possible.

Our GM's comments make it even more true. He won't say hey we can win now, because he knows our talent is a joke. We have next to nothing. But we can't go after Dwan Edwards??

It'd only take 1 quality signing to shut people up. One.

We need to make a full court press on Dwan Edwards. We shoulda went after Bannan. We should go aver Jarvis Green. We should've went after Kevin Walter.

Dr. Lecter
03-06-2010, 08:56 AM
FA is 24 hours old. Lack of activity is an overstatement.

Bannan? Are you serious? In this scheme?

That comment alone makes your credibility questionable. And going after somebody like Walker is worthless if he resigns. Signing players takes a two way street. You can't force players to come here.

ChanGailey
03-06-2010, 08:59 AM
FA is 24 hours old. Lack of activity is an overstatement.

Bannan? Are you serious? In this scheme?

That comment alone makes your credibility questionable. And going after somebody like Walker is worthless if he resigns. Signing players takes a two way street. You can't force players to come here.

Are you serious? Do you watch football? Bannan has been playing D-line in a 3-4 for the last 4 seasons. Not only that but the defense he was on was top notch. He just signed with Denver to play d-line in a 3-4.

So, you can say my credibility takes a hit, but you obviously don't know jack dick, because you don't think Bannan can play in a 3-4. But that's exactly what he does!

ROFL. You question my credibility.

Dr. Lecter
03-06-2010, 09:05 AM
He has been passable, when surrounded by a ton of talent on the Ravens defense. Now he is with Denver and we will see what he does there. I doubt it will be much. He is hardly worth going nuts over.

He 6-3, 310 lbs and 30 years old. 3 sacks the last two years. Started 2 games last year.

Guy is adequate and not worth starting. Not a true NT in 3-4. And not what this team needs. What this team needs to do is get young guys here and build for the future. They need at least ten starters (if not more) and need depth at several positions. It is not time to bring in average players.

You can talk about me not knowing jack dick. I love it when trolls come in an try to start ****.

Until you do something to establish credibility here, it is very much in question

Buddo
03-06-2010, 09:19 AM
What part of 'rebuilding' is especially difficult to comprehend?
Where has Nix said that he's going to bring in lots of 'big name' FAs to keep the internet message boards happy?
The draft is where this latest incarnation of the Bills will issue from.
FA will be for backups and role players, with a possible exception somewhere along the lines, when we actually are a genuine playoff contender year in, year out, that could be the difference maker in a SB run.
Don't like it - well, sh1t happens, and I'm sure Nix will not worry one iota about that.

EricStratton
03-06-2010, 09:25 AM
How did New England try to get Peppers. He visited Chicago on the first day and signed with Chicago on the first day.

It looks like they did as good a job as we did courting him.

Canadian'eh!
03-06-2010, 10:01 AM
What part of 'rebuilding' is especially difficult to comprehend?
Where has Nix said that he's going to bring in lots of 'big name' FAs to keep the internet message boards happy?
The draft is where this latest incarnation of the Bills will issue from.
FA will be for backups and role players, with a possible exception somewhere along the lines, when we actually are a genuine playoff contender year in, year out, that could be the difference maker in a SB run.
Don't like it - well, sh1t happens, and I'm sure Nix will not worry one iota about that.

This team is so horrible, that "drafting" is nowhere near enough to improve it. They need to be VERY active in FA too. If of course they had ANY interest in winning.

Rebuilding? Year 12? Same group of people doing it?

Whatever. The reason tehy arne't going after FA's is because no oen want sto play for this joke of a Franchise.

They will NEVER be a contender until Ralph is dead and the team is owned by someone else, probably someWHERE else.

BillsFanCupp38
03-06-2010, 10:06 AM
So far every free agent that has signed has gotten paid way too much. Free agents rarely pan out like solid draft picks. Buffalo starting fresh so I don't blame them for not overpaying an over rated player.

Canadian'eh!
03-06-2010, 10:23 AM
So far every free agent that has signed has gotten paid way too much. Free agents rarely pan out like solid draft picks. Buffalo starting fresh so I don't blame them for not overpaying an over rated player.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Lucky for you the Bills are so good at drafting.....

bob86
03-06-2010, 10:28 AM
This team is so horrible, that "drafting" is nowhere near enough to improve it. They need to be VERY active in FA too. If of course they had ANY interest in winning.

Rebuilding? Year 12? Same group of people doing it?

Whatever. The reason tehy arne't going after FA's is because no oen want sto play for this joke of a Franchise.

They will NEVER be a contender until Ralph is dead and the team is owned by someone else, probably someWHERE else.

Everytime I hear someone use the word “rebuilding” I am reminded of this cheesy cable show “Holmes on Home.” The premise of the show is that a homeowner hired a bungling contractor to remodel his home and the contractor made a mess of things and Holmes has to come in “rebuild” the project.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
With the Bills, Wilson keeps hiring incompetent contractor after the incompetent contractor so the more the Bills are rebuilt, the bigger the mess becomes. Worse still, Wilson insists on using many of the same inept construction workers on each successive rebuild.<o:p></o:p>

Buddo
03-06-2010, 10:45 AM
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Lucky for you the Bills are so good at drafting.....

Aside from Maybin, with Nix helping out last year, they did a pretty good job.
Now that Nix actually is in charge, I'm confident that they will continue to draft well.
Modrak is a very good talent evaluator. Previously he has been hamstrung by not having a decent GM who will listen to him. It's not a great surprise that more of our successful picks, have come later in the draft, when the coaches are a lot less interested in putting their oar in.
Why people keep insisting that this is the same regime as before, is beyond me.

Buddo
03-06-2010, 10:51 AM
The idea of being 'very active' in FA this year, is also risible. Don't you guys actually pay attention to what has actually occurred with this year's class of FAs? Due to the cancellation of the CBA, there were 212 UFAs who became RFAs. Of actually decent FAs, there are few and far between, so much so, that you might struggle to come up with a decent roster from the lot of them. Of decent FAs that actually fit what we are trying to do, even less.

SABURZFAN
03-07-2010, 03:25 AM

since this is "a throw away" year, why should Bills fans even bother with this season? the pickings may be slim but there's plenty of talent out there to help improve this team. they don't even have to break the bank to do it.

thejosh213
03-07-2010, 04:59 AM
The sky must be falling

YardRat
03-07-2010, 05:13 AM
The fans that are upset at this point would probably buy into the 'draft for success and eschew free agency' philosophy, at least a little bit, if the team had actually pulled the trigger on a couple of deals and unloaded some players like Whitner and Parrish and received some picks in return.

For all we know, though, there might be some handshake deals already in place and the 'buyers' might have wanted to see how FA shook out over the weekend before consummating any deals.

Once the dust settles from Friday, Saturday and Sunday I'm sure we'll start seeing some activity.