Bradford
Clausen
Suh
McCoy
Okung
Bulaga
Davis
Trent Williams

We would be stuck with taking a flyer on the 5th OT (Campbell), Berry, (who we don't need), McClain, Dez Bryant (a punk) or Dan Williams (who I'm starting to think will be the pick)

IF we think Bradford, or Clausen for that matter, is a franchise QB, I could see us trying to get into that Detroit slot at #2. I could see Detroit trying to get out of that slot because of the money they just spent. Plus the FO would have to see that the players left at 9 don't line up with our worse needs.

Trading down would be ok too

DraftBoy
03-06-2010, 12:05 PM
That's far from a nightmare scenario for me.

YardRat
03-06-2010, 12:16 PM
If that's the worse it can get, I'm OK with that. Not thrilled with 4 OT's off of the board, but if that's the case it leaves plenty of talent in other spots available and possibly opens up an opportunity to trade down and get an extra pick or two.

SquishDaFish
03-06-2010, 12:18 PM
McClain

jaycorp51
03-06-2010, 12:32 PM
If it happens like that (assuming we probably can't trade down), I'd take McClain

baalworship
03-06-2010, 12:36 PM
McClain or Bryant.

I would also look at trade down possibilities.

SABURZFAN
03-06-2010, 12:39 PM
i think the Bills should trade down. they talk how they want to rebuild through the draft.

Dr. Lecter
03-06-2010, 12:40 PM
i think the Bills should trade down. they talk how they want to rebuild through the draft.

Easier said than done.

And that is not a nightmare.

Bryant or McClain please.

Ron Burgundy
03-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Eric Berry's hard to pass up there. He and Byrd would be just lethal. Bryant is a sick player but it's reported that can't even make it to the game on time.

Williams is probably the best option.

Midwesternbillsfan
03-06-2010, 12:47 PM
If the Bills draft McClain, Mitchell is going to have to man one of the two starting OLB spots, even though the Bills are projecting him inside. The Bills' woeful collective collection of talent is going to dictate that Mitchell, at least for a season or two, is going to have to find a starting spot somewhere. As imperfect of a fit as he is, I can't envision anyone superior than him existing on the roster (assuming Schobel's retirement; accounting for Chris Kelsay's lack of athleticism; asssuming that a 4th-round rookie won't immediately supplant Mitchell).

The Bills just aren't good enough, talented enough, nor deep enough, and it'll be quite awhile before they are, to do anything other than deal with the reality that undesirable starters will have to man probably more than a few spots. We're starting from scratch here. We may not have made the Playoffs since Bill Clinton was still the nation's president- but that doesn't mean that we're anywhere closer to getting there.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-06-2010, 12:50 PM
mcclain or bryant, most likely bryant...

SABURZFAN
03-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Easier said than done.

it should be easy for them to do that unless they're going to overvalue the #9 pick.(which they're going to do)

Dr. Lecter
03-06-2010, 12:52 PM
it should be easy for them to do that unless they're going to overvalue the #9 pick.(which they're going to do)

If you find a team that wants to move up.

Since this is likely the last draft w/o a rookie cap, teams might not move up.

SABURZFAN
03-06-2010, 12:58 PM
If you find a team that wants to move up.

Since this is likely the last draft w/o a rookie cap, teams might not move up.

somebody will.

YardRat
03-06-2010, 01:03 PM
If Berry, McClain and Bryant are all still on the board at #9 I think moving down gets a little bit easier.

Mahdi
03-06-2010, 01:25 PM
That's a dream scenario for me... Bryant or Brandon Graham.

Syderick
03-06-2010, 01:26 PM
They could always trade down

Slim
03-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Dez Bryant in a heartbeat.

patmoran2006
03-06-2010, 01:32 PM
I'm still not convinced they won't take McClain even if that scenario didn't play out.

I love the guy, though I heard some very mixed reviews on him from the combine and that he may have slipped a little down the board (probably to Miami at 12 at the latest though)

Slim
03-06-2010, 01:33 PM
I'm still not convinced they won't take McClain even if that scenario didn't play out.

I love the guy, though I heard some very mixed reviews on him from the combine and that he may have slipped a little down the board (probably to Miami at 12 at the latest though)

Dansby and McClain would be pretty beastly.

tampabay25690
03-06-2010, 01:46 PM
Not a nightmare at all....

tampabay25690
03-06-2010, 01:47 PM
That's a dream scenario for me... Bryant or Brandon Graham.

Graham at #9??? WTF

patmoran2006
03-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Since Nix seems serious about Kelsay and Schobel at OLB, I will be more than mildly shocked if we take a OLB anywhere in the first 2-3 rounds.

Mahdi
03-06-2010, 02:15 PM
Graham at #9??? WTF
You want a player with no holes in his game and the athleticism to back it up, it's Graham.

Very strong against the run and an excellent pass rusher. We need both.

Mahdi
03-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Since Nix seems serious about Kelsay and Schobel at OLB, I will be more than mildly shocked if we take a OLB anywhere in the first 2-3 rounds.
When did he say anything about Kelsay at OLB?? When are we going to get rid of this guy?

Slim
03-06-2010, 02:18 PM
When did he say anything about Kelsay at OLB?? When are we going to get rid of this guy?

He commented on it like two weeks back.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2278

Mahdi
03-06-2010, 02:31 PM
He commented on it like two weeks back.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2278
What I understand from that is he will compete at OLB. I doubt he wins the starting job or a roster spot for that matter.

You can only carry 4 OLBs. Maybin, Schobel, Ellis are 3 and I would be stunned if they didn't add an OLB in the draft more suited for a 3-4.

SirMcGee
03-06-2010, 02:51 PM
If Berry is there, then we take him. Pair him up with Byrd and dump Whitner.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-06-2010, 03:23 PM
if the top 4 ots are gone. you would get the most value from another offensive weapon. drafting clausen would be the next option. if both qbs are gone , then u have to take dez bryant. he is the best player available. if bryant is also gone then its a toss up between graham and d williams...

tampabay25690
03-06-2010, 03:38 PM
You want a player with no holes in his game and the athleticism to back it up, it's Graham.

No value at #9

SABURZFAN
03-06-2010, 07:33 PM
They could always trade down

according to Lecter, "it's easier said than done." must be that there's not any good players who slid to #9. :rolleyes:

DraftBoy
03-06-2010, 08:05 PM

Oh come on, I know you like the guys but no holes in his game? Then why wouldn't he be going #1, if he has no holes.

His height is an issue, his pad level can get too high at times, and his work in space leaves an awful lot to be desired overall.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-06-2010, 08:08 PM
If Berry is there, then we take him. Pair him up with Byrd and dump Whitner.

Please the last thing we need is Berry, horrible idea.

TigerJ
03-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Bryant, McClain, Williams, or trade down if they can find a trading partner (a big if).

Mahdi
03-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Oh come on, I know you like the guys but no holes in his game? Then why wouldn't he be going #1, if he has no holes.

His height is an issue, his pad level can get too high at times, and his work in space leaves an awful lot to be desired overall.
Every player has something in his game that leaves more to be desired. With Graham I see a DE that plays great against the run, is very good at penetrating the backfield, has good hand usage, and is overall a good pass rusher.

He wasn't asked to play in space so it's a moot point. He can be coached up to do that in the NFL like many OLBs are.

I'll add that he had one of the best 40 times at the combine as well as one of the highest Bench Press totals which shows that he has great measurables on top of everything else.

psubills62
03-06-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm getting to the point where I don't think we'll have any nightmare scenarios at #9. I'm warming to the idea of having Berry and Byrd as our starting safeties. Bryant wouldn't be a bad decision there either, and if necessary, McClain should still be around. Although I'm wondering how much some teams would pay to trade up and get Berry if he's still there at 9...

Crisis
03-06-2010, 10:27 PM
berry is the only secondary player i'd be fine with us taking early.

best or second best player in the draft imo.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-06-2010, 10:37 PM
you take dez bryant....

wmoz11
03-06-2010, 10:37 PM
I don't care if Ronnie ****ing Lott in his prime is sitting at #9. If we take a CB or S, I'll...well... I'll be upset.

We NEED certain positions. We NEED lineman on both sides, we NEED a LB or two, we NEED a QB.

Joe Fo Sho
03-06-2010, 11:38 PM
I don't care if Ronnie ****ing Lott in his prime is sitting at #9. If we take a CB or S, I'll...well... I'll be upset.

We NEED certain positions. We NEED lineman on both sides, we NEED a LB or two, we NEED a QB.

I get it. But if a HOF player is on the board, I take him no matter what his position is, especially with the team we have right now. It's kind of a moot point though, Ronnie Lott in his prime would be long gone by the 9th pick.

ct bills fan
03-06-2010, 11:57 PM
I know this roster sucks, but, if Bradford is THE franchise QB, you make the trade to #2 and grab him. This team is going nowhere with it's current qb's. Decent O Tackles can be signed in FA, as can a "decent" NT to help. Look what the Jets did to get Sanchez - he had an average rookie year and they were 30 minutes from being in the Superbowl. I know there roster was better than ours, but, you can't win with Edwards/Fitzpatrick - the rest of the team as np confidence in them.

BertSquirtgum
03-07-2010, 02:02 AM
McClain

not a draft nightmare in my opinion, as long as this beast is still there.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-07-2010, 02:28 AM
ive seen the tape if the 2 qbs are gone and all 4 ts are gone then u take in this order

1 dez bryant
2 brandon graham
3 dan williams

Ground Chuck
03-07-2010, 03:43 PM
I'm not sold on McClain. I like Weatherspoon better than him.

The pick at 9 HAS TO be an OT or a QB. Otherwise we're screwed.

New Ro's Greatest
03-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Trade back to the middle of the round to get more picks. GO BILLS:cheers:

Night Train
03-07-2010, 07:39 PM
Yes.. drafting a really good NT in Dan Williams (which we desperately need ) would really suck. :rolleyes: