PDA

View Full Version : Marshall/Seahawks/No 6 pick

ChanGailey
03-06-2010, 02:02 PM
This all makes for an interesting thing to follow. As we all know, we pick 9th due to being so awesome, and the Seahawks are picking 6th as of right now.

Brandon Marshall has visited Seattle today.

So I have been wondering a few things. What would it really take to get Brandon Marshall, and why shouldn't we get involved?

And also, what would it realistically take to get Shaun Rodgers from Cleveland?

I could see Marshall getting sent to us for a 2011 1st round pick.

And would it be that crazy to send Whitner, Youbody and maybe Roscoe to Cleveland for Rodgers? They are shopping around, who will offer better comp than that?

Now, leaving the dream sequence. When Seattle makes the move to acquire pretty much the best, biggest young stud WR, Denver may end up with the 6th pick. Who could they take and how would it effect us?

I'm not usually one for the unrealistic trade scenario threads. And half of you take it personal when someone expresses their opinion. Sorry for starting threads on a message board. I love football. I love talking football. I love thinking football. I don't want enemies here guys.

Why wouldn't we be able to get Rogers and Marshall? And if we did what would be bad about? I can't think of answers to either.

elltrain22
03-06-2010, 02:05 PM
well, in our case, it would take an owner who cares enough to spend some money, which we clearly don't have.

Raptor
03-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Rogers doesnt like being a NT and is looking for a new deal that doesnt have a weight Clause. So yea trading for him is a bad idea

You could likely get Marshall for a first next year but why on earth would we do that? WR is about the last thing I'm worried about and for a team that doesnt have a franchise QB trading away a likely high first rounder next year that might net us a franchise QB isnt exactly a bright move

ChanGailey
03-06-2010, 02:08 PM
well, in our case, it would take an owner who cares enough to spend some money, which we clearly don't have.

I generally agree. But the TO move last year, was it really just purely to sell tickets? We needed a WR, they had to feel he could actually help.

We paid him 6.5 million bucks, but it returned a lot. Don't you think a move like Brandon F'n Marshall would bring in some ticket sales and jersey sales??? I sure as hell do.

If we could get him for a 1st next year, we could use our picks this draft on o line, maybe even Tebow in the 2nd, and this team would be scary at least.

The whole reason I'm coming around to the thought of Tebow in the 2nd round is to attract other players here, and to maybe open Ralphs wallet, thinking he's got a QB that can win for us.

ChanGailey
03-06-2010, 02:10 PM
IDK, I just wish we were at least respectable. I tell people I'm a Bills fan and they laugh in my face.

Slim
03-06-2010, 02:11 PM
IDK, I just wish we were at least respectable. I tell people I'm a Bills fan and they laugh in my face.

Sure, blame it on the Bills.

SeatownBillsFan21
03-06-2010, 02:11 PM
We don't sign guys who would make a differance it's a matter of money that our owner does not want to spend that and these guy don't want to play in Buffalo and wouldn't sign on for an long term deal so what's the point.We will build through the draft that way the guy coming in has no choice but to play in Buffalo.Get ready for a long season Chan

Luisito23
03-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Sure, blame it on the Bills.

:funny:

Syderick
03-06-2010, 05:31 PM
The Bills should be looking at Brandon Marshall.

PECKERWOOD
03-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Why doesn't a team towards the bottom of the 1st round trade for him? You would think that teams with bottom of the round draft picks would be tendering these RFA's big time.

Novacane
03-06-2010, 07:06 PM
We have no one here to get a guy like Marshall the football.

ChanGailey
03-06-2010, 07:08 PM
We have no one here to get a guy like Marshall the football.

He did pretty well with Kyle Orton. I'd think Trent could live up to Orton's status.

Plus, he can "check down" to Marshall and actually get YAC...Something Lee Evans knows nothing about.

Novacane
03-06-2010, 07:13 PM
He did pretty well with Kyle Orton. I'd think Trent could live up to Orton's status.

Plus, he can "check down" to Marshall and actually get YAC...Something Lee Evans knows nothing about.

I'd take Orton over Trent anyday. Shows how pathetic the QB's on our roster are.

Novacane
03-06-2010, 07:16 PM
I'd love to have Marshall though. If they could get him for a first next year. They need to fix LT with this year's first rounder.