Clear All
  • ryguy8161
    BRING IT
    • Jul 2002

McGahee Update

Sorry if it's been put up..

Bills | McGahee Injury Update - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 7 Jun 2003 08:44:31 -0700

The Tennessean reports Buffalo Bills head coach Gregg Williams said the team thinks rookie RB Willis McGahee (knee) will be able to play in the later part of the season. “That would be smart for us – to put fresh legs out there,” Williams said. He noted that McGahee is in the mindset that he’ll be ready for training camp. However, in the team’s mindset they’ll evaluate him at that time and are ready to put him on the physically unable to perform list (PUP).
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

We'd all like to see him out there--if he's completely, 100% healthy. Anything else is foolish.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I'd put him in games later on in the season during garbage time. Let him run it around to see what happens. But anything more would be risking another injury. Dumb.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
        My IQ Test results came back negative
        • Oct 2002

i'd only run him if hes 110%. dont risk anything we already risked getting him. lets make it mean something,

Comment

• BillsFanInMass
          The Stoner Zoner
          • Feb 2003

Think about it though Henry pound the defense for the first 3 quarters. Then when the defense is standing around in the fourth with there hands on there hips bring in super fast W .Mcgahee to break off some huge runs 40 - 50 yarders. What a ruthless 1 - 2 punch i hope we keep them both. I say dont try this till around week 10 or so make sure everything is 100% with the knee.

Comment

• HenryRules
            • Jul 2002

As soon as the doctors say he's ready, put him in. I don't care if that's training camp time or week 15. If he gets medical clearance, its not like the rest is going to get him in much better shape.

Comment

• Doc
              • Dec 2002

Keep him under wraps until the season finale in New England. They won't know what hit them.

Comment

• venis2k1
                Youboty can hope
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HenryRules
                As soon as the doctors say he's ready, put him in. I don't care if that's training camp time or week 15. If he gets medical clearance, its not like the rest is going to get him in much better shape.

Its not like he is gonna be sitting on the couch all season, this guy is staying in good shape, I hear he is constantly in the weight room. Just because you dont put him in the game, dosent mean he wont practice(he's not Terry Glenn)

Comment

• The Natrix
                  • Jul 2002

Last edited by The Natrix; 06-07-2003, 07:01 PM.

Byrd.

Comment

• THenPitBull
                    me fail english? That's unpossible
                    • Jun 2003

I say we test him. Put him out there whenever he feels like he can go. If he gets hurt, it shows he's injury prone. If you asked McGahee when he feels ready, is he talking from his own personal vantage point or how he really is feeling. Well, then we'd see, we'd see if he really know's wat's best for himself and his body or if he just thinks he can wing'it in the NFL, lets face it he had it easy with the canes.
                    Buffalo 41 Houston 38 1992.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Though I'm concern that teams may take cheap shots aiming at his knee....

Comment

• losman2evans
                        • Aug 2002

let him play in 2004-

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

I agree with HR. The medical people need to make the call on this one. When they give the OK, assuming he's in football shape, PUT HIM IN.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• BillsFanInMass
                            The Stoner Zoner
                            • Feb 2003

Well its obvious there not gonna play him unless the doctors say its ok.

Comment

• RedEyE
                              • Jul 2002

Is there anyone out there that thinks WG may end up a bust?

Comment

Working...
                              X