03-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Per PFT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/06/josh-reed-to-visit-new-england/

BILLSROCK1212
03-06-2010, 06:29 PM
good for him, maybe he'll be 4th or 5th on their depth chart

THRILLHO
03-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Haha, he can join Sam Aiken. Reed is a decent WR, a shame we had to let him go, but I am not crying over it.

Novacane
03-06-2010, 06:57 PM
He'll probably end up another Wes Welker there.

YardRat
03-06-2010, 07:05 PM
That will suck.

Ickybaluky
03-06-2010, 07:41 PM
I said in the thread from when the Bills announced he wasn't returning that I thought the Pats would look at him. He is a good fit in their offense as an inside slot WR in their base 3 WR package. With Welker hurt, he gives them insurance there.

The visit is actually scheduled for Monday from what they are reporting here.

Ickybaluky
03-06-2010, 08:00 PM
He'll probably end up another Wes Welker there.

I'd settle for another Jabar Gaffney, who they missed last year.

TigerJ
03-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Belichick will sign him, pick his brain and cut him in late August. No, that won't do Belichick any good this year. Reed won't know anything about the new offense.

BertSquirtgum
03-06-2010, 09:00 PM
they seem to love our cast offs.

TrEd FTW
03-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Good for Reed. He busted his ass here for eight years and was only on one team that finished over .500. Let him finally have a chance to win something.

wmoz11
03-06-2010, 09:23 PM
I hope he does well. I like him a lot and I expect he'll thrive if he goes to a contender. He's a nice 3rd option.

DrGraves
03-06-2010, 10:39 PM
why the **** didn't we resign him.... hardy and lee. super.

Crisis
03-06-2010, 10:40 PM
I called this a long time ago...lol

Josh Reed will be a MONSTER for new england. He's so underrated.

Throne Logic
03-07-2010, 06:27 AM
Belichick will sign him, pick his brain and cut him in late August. No, that won't do Belichick any good this year. Reed won't know anything about the new offense.

Because the Pats need to find a way to get past Buffalo in the standings...

shelby
03-07-2010, 07:01 AM
i love Josh Reed and wish him the best of luck. i agree with crisis...he will go to the Pats and be freaking awesome.

NorthCarBills
03-07-2010, 07:05 AM
i love Josh Reed and wish him the best of luck. i agree with crisis...he will go to the Pats and be freaking awesome.

I also think Reed will do much better in NE than people think. He's a decent blocking WR too, and that attribute is often discounted.

Novacane
03-07-2010, 07:17 AM
Because the Pats need to find a way to get past Buffalo in the standings...

Yeah really. BB needs lots of help beating the Bills. :lol:

SirMcGee
03-07-2010, 05:02 PM
I called this a long time ago...lol

Josh Reed will be a MONSTER for new england. He's so underrated.

LOL...get real dude. Monster? Yea...he'll be the next Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson.

Crisis
03-07-2010, 05:05 PM
LOL...get real dude. Monster? Yea...he'll be the next Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson.

I bet you'd say the same thing if I said Wes Welker instead before he went to NE.

Just watch. Josh Reed is perfect for New England.

Ground Chuck
03-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Reed is so overrated. He'll do as much for the Pats as Sam Aiken did.

Crisis
03-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Right, because a career STer and someone who is actually viable as a second/third receiving option is a great comparison.

SirMcGee
03-07-2010, 06:30 PM
I bet you'd say the same thing if I said Wes Welker instead before he went to NE.

Just watch. Josh Reed is perfect for New England.

uh huh. what a bore. he's a temporary solution until Wes comes back to full strength. What does that tell you?

Goobylal
03-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Reed's best days are behind him, and they weren't all that great to begin with. He's been a disappointment for all but maybe 2 years, where he was a "move the chains" type of WR. He's nothing like Welker, isn't an outside guy, and can't play ST's. I don't see the Patriots adding him.

Crisis
03-07-2010, 07:35 PM
uh huh. what a bore. he's a temporary solution until Wes comes back to full strength. What does that tell you?
That he'll be the 3rd option behind a future hall of famer and a guy who will probably catch around 120 passes when healthy? New England is the perfect situation for him, I'll be surprised if he doesn't go there.

I can't wait until the first "Why'd we let Josh Reed go?" threads pops up next year.

Goobylal
03-07-2010, 08:32 PM
That he'll be the 3rd option behind a future hall of famer and a guy who will probably catch around 120 passes when healthy? New England is the perfect situation for him, I'll be surprised if he doesn't go there.

I can't wait until the first "Why'd we let Josh Reed go?" threads pops up next year.
Welker won't be back in 2010. He suffered his injury at the end of the 2009 season and it takes at least a year to return from it.

madness
03-29-2010, 02:26 PM
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>Josh Reed (http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/content/player.asp?sport=NFL&id=2272) - WR - Bills (http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/content/clubhouse.asp?sport=NFL&majteam=BUF) </td> </tr> <tr> <td>http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/images/clear.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="bodyCopy">The player rep for WR Josh Reed conceded that it's "highly unlikely" the free agent will sign with the Patriots.</td> </tr> <tr> <td>http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/images/clear.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="vaLink">It's just a poor fit. Reed works best out of the slot, where the Pats have Julian Edelman ready to step in until Wes Welker returns later in the year. Reed will try to land a job elsewhere as the primary slot receiver.
Mar. 25 - 10:14 a.m. ET</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="vaLink">http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/images/clear.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="vaLink">Source: ESPNBoston.com (http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4676570/highly-unlikely-reed-will-sign-with-pats)</td></tr></tbody></table>

k-oneputt
03-29-2010, 02:37 PM
But, but, but he's a good blocker. I hope he does goe to N.Eng. One less wr to worry about.

streetkings01
03-29-2010, 02:51 PM
The Ravens or Bengals would be a perfect fit for Reed.

mrbojanglezs
03-29-2010, 02:54 PM
has he still not signed with anyone? figures he suxors

Goobylal
03-29-2010, 05:19 PM
Josh Reed was at the OU pro day today, catching passes from Bradford. Thought that was interesting, in a sad kind of way.

better days
03-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Reed is a JAG (just a guy), his type can be had in the middle rds of the draft for much less money.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Oh I dunno. I think Reed is more than just a guy. He's proven, he's pretty durable. I'd take him back on this roster, and I would be amazed if he doesnt end up having a decent year wherever he lands.

better days
03-29-2010, 06:19 PM
Oh I dunno. I think Reed is more than just a guy. He's proven, he's pretty durable. I'd take him back on this roster, and I would be amazed if he doesnt end up having a decent year wherever he lands.

The Bills obviously don't feel that way or they would not have cut him. It is not like they have a plethora of receivers on the roster that they NEEDED to cut him.

TrEd FTW
03-29-2010, 07:56 PM
The Bills obviously don't feel that way or they would not have cut him. It is not like they have a plethora of receivers on the roster that they NEEDED to cut him.

They didn't cut Reed. His contract was up. I'd happily take him back at this point.

better days
03-29-2010, 08:10 PM
They didn't cut Reed. His contract was up. I'd happily take him back at this point.

How much would you pay to sign him? I would not mind him back on the cheap, but I would not give up much to sign him.

YardRat
03-29-2010, 10:22 PM
I'd bring him back.

Ickybaluky
03-30-2010, 07:53 AM
Josh Reed was at the OU pro day today, catching passes from Bradford. Thought that was interesting, in a sad kind of way.

He was there as a favor to Tom Condon, who is Bradford's agent as well as Reed's. It actually makes sense for him as well, given how many NFL talent evaluators were at the workout. Heck, maybe the Rams consider taking him along with taking Bradford. He would help them.

Reed is a solid 3rd WR, IMO, and will find a home. I think part of the problem he has had thus far is he was hoping for a bigger payday, but teams aren't lining up to pay guys like him a lot of guaranteed money given the current market. At this point, he probably will wait until after the draft to try to find the best fit.

ddaryl
03-30-2010, 08:09 AM
I would welcome Reed back at the right price. He is a rock solid depth and 3rd WR option IMO.

madness
03-30-2010, 08:57 AM
I would welcome Reed back at the right price. He is a rock solid depth and 3rd WR option IMO.

I'm actually surprised we wouldn't bring him back considering the planned emphasis on the running game this year.

Goobylal
03-30-2010, 09:30 AM
He was there as a favor to Tom Condon, who is Bradford's agent as well as Reed's. It actually makes sense for him as well, given how many NFL talent evaluators were at the workout. Heck, maybe the Rams consider taking him along with taking Bradford. He would help them.

Reed is a solid 3rd WR, IMO, and will find a home. I think part of the problem he has had thus far is he was hoping for a bigger payday, but teams aren't lining up to pay guys like him a lot of guaranteed money given the current market. At this point, he probably will wait until after the draft to try to find the best fit.
Oh, I understand why he was there. It's just sad that he had to resort to doing it. And AFAIK, that's the first time a "proven" NFL veteran has done something like this, although I could be wrong.

He'll have to accept the league min if he wants to keep playing. He had a lot of promise coming out of college, but never put it together.