• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Artis Hicks signs with Skins

He, along with Dwan Edwards and Tyler Braxton were the three more "lower key" guys that I was really hoping the Bills would go after. We went after none of em.

While Im not ready to jump off a bridge, after two days this is getting very frustrating.

If the best we're willing to do right now is get told "We'll see" by a backup OL, we're in big trouble.

It's not that we werent already told this; but for those hoping this team would significantly improve a few holes via FA, doesnt look that's happening.

I'm sure we'll bring in and sign some guys, but it's not looking good for substantial players.

I really liked Hicks a lot and people I talked to said he's ready to be a solid full time starting RT in this league.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Slim
    • Apr 2004

Re: Artis Hicks signs with Skins

I wanted him.. Yay Wade Smith.. Maybe.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
      !?!?!?!?!?
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by patmoran2006
      He, along with Dwan Edwards and Tyler Braxton were the three more "lower key" guys that I was really hoping the Bills would go after. We went after none of em.

While Im not ready to jump off a bridge, after two days this is getting very frustrating.

If the best we're willing to do right now is get told "We'll see" by a backup OL, we're in big trouble.

It's not that we werent already told this; but for those hoping this team would significantly improve a few holes via FA, doesnt look that's happening.

I'm sure we'll bring in and sign some guys, but it's not looking good for substantial players.

I really liked Hicks a lot and people I talked to said he's ready to be a solid full time starting RT in this league.
      I hope we get Wade Smith, this would cancel this loss out. But, we better make a run at one of those other guys.

Comment

• Slim
        • Apr 2004

They signed Pashos too.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Yes.. They also signed Pashos.

Terms for Hicks reported were 3 year and 9 million. that's a REALLY good deal for the Skins.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
            !?!?!?!?!?
            • Mar 2006

Terms for Hicks reported were 3 year and 9 million. that's a REALLY good deal for the Skins.
            Wade Smith 3 years and 10.5 million??

Comment

• Aliceinchainsbills15
              • Oct 2009

It's all about the money...
              I'M ON A BOAT!
              Proud Bills fan since 2002
              F***ing s*** up since 1990

Metallica is awesome. Period.

Comment

• cbatl32
                • Jan 2010

I am getting really frustrated. That is really good deal for Hicks. We have gaping holes at LT, RT, QB, WR, NT, DE and OLB. All at the starting positions. Not to mention our extreme lack of depth on the o line and at LB. I understand 'building through the draft', but at this pace we aren't even going to field a competitive team this year. You can only fill (at best) 3 or 4 spots in the draft. And signing second and third tier FA's doesn't qualify as plugging gaps either.

So we are going to head into the season with at least 3 or 4 gaping holes in our starting lineup. I am not expecting more than 4 wins this year anyway, but we'll be lucky to win 2 with the team we are going to put on the field this year. Unless we can sign Jamal Williams or Kemoaotu, we're going to be in big trouble.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Aliceinchainsbills15
                  It's all about the money...
                  3 years and 9 million was not a lot of money for a guy (Hicks) that clearly would've been our starting RT over Meredith or Bell.

I don't Pashos terms yet, but Im not as high on him as I was Hicks. Pashos is alot more one dimensional.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Pashos is still out there.. NOw PFT is reporting that despite other reports, Pashos left DC without a deal and is on his way to visit Cleveland.

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

Ralphs not cheap Ralphs not cheap Ralphs not cheap blah blah blah blah blah .This is no suprise.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

he must have been too expensive for the Bills blood.
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane
                          Ralphs not cheap Ralphs not cheap Ralphs not cheap blah blah blah blah blah .This is no suprise.

it's pathetic.
                          Originally posted by yordad
                          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            • May 2009

you guys act like you are surprised. i was on vacation when free agency started. didn't think once about it. you know why? because i knew this exact thing was going to happen.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                              • Feb 2005

hey no worries guys we signed our talent from within again
                              youboty cant stay healthy and is a bust of a 3rd rd pick
                              corto doesnt fit in the 3-4 or the 4-3 but hey we need him for ST so when we have another injury we have another guy on the roster who cant backup his listed position
                              we got gaddis back who we cut form 2 7-9 teams then a 6-10 team and he is and has been awful in his linited time in the preseaon
                              and we got tiny run me over ellison back who is to slot to play SS and is undersied for the 3-4 and the 4-3 and is in my opinion awful on D

but hey guys they can play STs blah blah blah
                              SO ****ing sad
                              we are being major leagued
                              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Working...
                              X