PDA

View Full Version : Honestly

BSU Drew
03-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Why the hell do I love the Bills so much. You watch all these teams upgrading and the Bills are sitting stagnant. We better pick up some O-lineman at least!!

wmoz11
03-07-2010, 12:58 AM
We can't help who we like. It sucks, but we're stuck.

jamze132
03-07-2010, 01:19 AM
By dumping the previous regime, we gained an additional 3 wins off the bat. LOL

BertSquirtgum
03-07-2010, 01:30 AM
maybe they are figuring less is more?

i hope the fans show them less isn't more when they don't go to games.

JCBills
03-07-2010, 02:07 AM
The FA market isn't exactly loaded with players at our positions of need.

I'd actually rather see them send players for picks and start building because it's obvious we're back to step 1.

SABURZFAN
03-07-2010, 02:29 AM
The FA market isn't exactly loaded with players at our positions of need.

I'd actually rather see them send players for picks and start building because it's obvious we're back to step 1.

maybe not but why don't we hear that they're one of few teams who are interested in certain players? instead, we hear that a backup OL left town without signing.

me too but you need a FA or two to help rebuilding as well. screw these Dockery and Walker excuses. they don't need to shell out money like they did with them, but for chrissakes, they need to make a move to show their fans that making an attempt to get better.

JCBills
03-07-2010, 03:14 AM
maybe not but why don't we hear that they're one of few teams who are interested in certain players? instead, we hear that a backup OL left town without signing.

me too but you need a FA or two to help rebuilding as well. screw these Dockery and Walker excuses. they don't need to shell out money like they did with them, but for chrissakes, they need to make a move to show their fans that making an attempt to get better.

Because that wasn't our approach to begin with, Nix and Gailey have stated several times they're going to build through the draft and that free agency isn't a big priority.

SABURZFAN
03-07-2010, 03:39 AM
Because that wasn't our approach to begin with, Nix and Gailey have stated several times they're going to build through the draft and that free agency isn't a big priority.

and this is why they finish under .500 every year.

YardRat
03-07-2010, 04:59 AM
I believe Nix also stated that the team was going to be a player and plug some holes.

I don't think anybody expected any huge splashes or big names to sign right off of the bat, but even if a team is looking for bodies one would expect the FO to have some guys targeted, brought in and signed. Wade Smith, Artis Hicks, etc certainly wouldn't create the buzz that a Peppers or Dansby would, but getting them (or somebody similar) on board the first couple of days would have at least given the fan base the impression that something is getting done, instead of the exact opposite.

CoolBreeze
03-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Why the hell do I love the Bills so much. You watch all these teams upgrading and the Bills are sitting stagnant. We better pick up some O-lineman at least!!

How many teams REALLY upgraded?? The Lions signed Nate Burelson, an average WR for 5 Million a year, and Vanden Bosch, a over the hill DE. Is that really an upgrade for the Lions? Sure Peppers is good.. 90 million good?
I thought the best signing to date was Chester Taylor for the Bears, who by the way have no draft picks to speak of. The Dolphins resigned Pennington, Ooohhh.. Dansby was good, I admit that. The Giants way over paid for Antrel Rolle, and the biggest farce is that JETS are better for trading for Cromartie. The guy had 1 good season 3 years ago, and since was demoted to a nickel DB. The dust has to settle on the first wave of FA signings, then reasonable salaries for average players can be had.