• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Is Poz Mediocre?

There are roughly 45 starters at inside linebacker in the NFL due to multiple teams running the 3-4, if Posluszny is mediocre there should be roughly 23 inside linebackers who are better than him, please name these players.

• BertSquirtgum
    Legendary Zoner
    • May 2009

Re: Is Poz Mediocre?

i think he is a good linebacker for sure but nothing special in my opinion.
    Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 03-07-2010, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
      • Sep 2003

POZ avg at best

Comment

• SirMcGee
        • Feb 2010

He is an AVERAGE LB.

- David Harris, Ray Lewis, Patrick Willis, Karlos Dansby, London Fletcher, Jonathon Vilma, Lofa Tatupu, Jon Beason, Nick Barnett, Gary Brackett, James Farrior, Curtis Lofton, Jarod Mayo, Kirk Morrison, Demeco Ryans, Bart Scott, Lawrence Timmons, Brian Urlacher, Barrett Rudd...I consider these guys all just as good and better than Poz. Like i said. AVERAGE. He's in the middle of the bunch.
        DRAFT WISHLIST
        1) BRYAN BULAGA - OT/IOWA
        2) JONATHON DWYER - RB/GA TECH
        3) JASON WORILDS - OLB/ VA. TECH
        4) TORRELL TROUP - NT/CENTRAL FLORIDA

Comment

• G Wolly
          • Mar 2004

In terms of league-wide LBs yes, very average but he knows what he's doing.

In terms of team, he's at the top because we don't have much.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Lewis, Farrior, Timmons, Fox, Ryans, Brackett, Durant, Tulloch, Ayodele, Mayo, Guyton, Scott, Harris, Davis, Williams, Mays, Williams, Morrison, Cooper, Siler, Urlacher, Hillenmeyer, Foote, Hawk, Barnett, Lofton, Beason, Vilma, Ruud, James, Brooking, Carpenter, Goff, Trotter, Fletcher, Dansby, Willis, Hawthorne, Laurinitis.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

Tulloch, Guyton, Carpenter, Brooking, Trotter, Hawthorne, Durant, Lofton, Siler, Fox, Cooper & Farrior???

Just the notable ones listed, some of you are clearly grasping at straws to reach the quota. Farrior had a better career, but he is on his last legs, same with Trotter and same with Brooking. Durant, Hawthorne, Siler, Fox & Tulloch are just absolute jokes to list off as being better than Poz.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by SirMcGee
                He is an AVERAGE LB.

- David Harris, Ray Lewis, Patrick Willis, Karlos Dansby, London Fletcher, Jonathon Vilma, Lofa Tatupu, Jon Beason, Nick Barnett, Gary Brackett, James Farrior, Curtis Lofton, Jarod Mayo, Kirk Morrison, Demeco Ryans, Bart Scott, Lawrence Timmons, Brian Urlacher, Barrett Rudd...I consider these guys all just as good and better than Poz. Like i said. AVERAGE. He's in the middle of the bunch.
                Even if I agreed with every one of your listings, that's still only 19 linebackers, thus making Poz slightly above average at the least. (I would take Poz over Brackett, Farrior, Lofton & Morrison) The only reason why you listed Brackett is because he just got a huge extension, Polian overpaid for him big time, he wouldn't have gotten that money anywhere else.

Comment

• BoyILuvLoznStupidly
                  • Sep 2009

IMO he is average on the fact he can't stay healthy.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                    Defies all logic
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by BoyILuvLoznStupidly
                    IMO he is average on the fact he can't stay healthy.
                    I really think that if he could stay healthy for an entire year, he would be considered a top 10 linebacker in the NFL. He will never crack the top 5 because he isn't an elite athlete, but his instincts are on par with the best in the league, he is a turnover machine and is a solid tackler.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by PECKERWOOD
                      Tulloch, Guyton, Carpenter, Brooking, Trotter, Hawthorne, Durant, Lofton, Siler, Fox, Cooper & Farrior???

Just the notable ones listed, some of you are clearly grasping at straws to reach the quota. Farrior had a better career, but he is on his last legs, same with Trotter and same with Brooking. Durant, Hawthorne, Siler, Fox & Tulloch are just absolute jokes to list off as being better than Poz.
                      Didn't just reach the quota....blew it out of the ****ing water.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                        Defies all logic
                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by YardRat
                        Didn't just reach the quota....blew it out of the ****ing water.
                        Not really, look at Tulloch for example.. That's one of the linebackers you listed, Poz has made 50 more tackles plus 8 more turnovers than him in the last 2 years, that's a poor choice.

Comment

• SirMcGee
                          • Feb 2010

Even if I agreed with every one of your listings, that's still only 19 linebackers, thus making Poz slightly above average at the least. (I would take Poz over Brackett, Farrior, Lofton & Morrison) The only reason why you listed Brackett is because he just got a huge extension, Polian overpaid for him big time, he wouldn't have gotten that money anywhere else.
                          You said to name 23. I named 19. You think those 4 names i didnt list really make a difference between being average? Get a clue.
                          DRAFT WISHLIST

Comment

• SirMcGee
                            • Feb 2010

I listed EVERYBODY up there because they performed just as well as Poz or if not BETTER.

Farrior had 235 tackles, 6 and a half sacks, in the last 2 years. Poz had 210 tackles, and 1 sack. If you say Farrior is on the DOWNSIDE of his career, then the OLD man is STILL better than Poz.
                            DRAFT WISHLIST

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                              Defies all logic
                              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by SirMcGee
                              I listed EVERYBODY up there because they performed just as well as Poz or if not BETTER.

Farrior had 235 tackles, 6 and a half sacks, in the last 2 years. Poz had 210 tackles, and 1 sack. If you say Farrior is on the DOWNSIDE of his career, then the OLD man is STILL better than Poz.
                              I wonder why you didn't include forced fumbles and interceptions to your stat list too? Is it because Posluszny created 5 more turnovers than Farrior? Turnovers are the most important statistic for a defender, that's the bottom line.

Comment

Working...
                              X