PDA

View Full Version : A few comments on the Rangers game...

OpIv37
03-07-2010, 09:54 PM
-Is it just me, or has Mair upped his game? Suddenly, he looks like he knows how to skate and he's creating offensive chances.

-Miller deserved the shutout. Too bad they hung him out to dry.

-I get stuck listening to opposing announcers a LOT, and no matter how biased they are, they always say great things about Myers. Myers and Miller are the only two guys on this team who are the real deal.

-I like Torres' toughness and the way he always finishes checks. I hate his sloppy passes, although that may get better once he has more time to practice with the Sabres

-I am so ****ing sick of Jason Pominville. He makes weak, sloppy passes. He gets knocked around. He constantly misses the net. He rarely gets space, and when he does, he fumbles the puck. In the NHL, he's a 3rd liner at best.

-Mancari certainly wasn't spectacular but he did make some good plays and I could see him becoming a decent player.

-There were at least 4 times during the game when I put my hands above my head because the play looked like a sure goal, most notably Roy's chance in OT. None of them were actually goals. The lack of offense on this team sickens me. Teams like the Sharks, Caps, Senators and Penguins NEVER miss 4 of those opportunities in the same game.

snow1989
03-08-2010, 03:27 AM
Can't say I disagree with any of those observations Op.

- With Torres and Mancari I think it's just a matter of getting used to line-mates. A bit more time and you might see them finish a few more of those passes......although, did you notice that 5-6 times pucks were thrown to the boards when exiting the zone and no-one was there due to line changes?? I think there was a lack of communication that Lindy better get squared away.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-08-2010, 07:41 AM
One thing I came away from the game, the Rangers are not a very good team and I am not afraid of them taking the 8th spot in the playoffs. However, Lundqvist is good enough for them to sneak in.

OpIv37
03-08-2010, 08:26 AM
One thing I came away from the game, the Rangers are not a very good team and I am not afraid of them taking the 8th spot in the playoffs. However, Lundqvist is good enough for them to sneak in.

Yeah, the Sabres were good enough to win the last two games, but it's not encouraging that they needed overtime to beat two mediocre teams.

RockStar36
03-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Yeah, the Sabres were good enough to win the last two games, but it's not encouraging that they needed overtime to beat two mediocre teams.

Two points are two points man.

Ottawa is slipping up and the Sabres are taking full advantage of the situation. Who cares how they get the win as long as they get it.

ct bills fan
03-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Rangers won't make the playoffs - they're outside looking in now, have the least amount of ganes left of anyone and play most of their games on the road.

I was watching Mancari closely yesterday - what is holding him back is his lack of physicality - he's a big guy and needs to be tougher.

Vanek didn't get a point but seemed to put in a good effort yesterday.

I've been saying all year that Butler was our weak link on D - he's out two games and we only give up 3.

If the "star" players put in the same effort, day in day out, as Mair, Ellis and Kaleta, this team would never lose.

trapezeus
03-08-2010, 09:48 AM
pominville literally looks like he is wearing a diaper.

He either is on the coldest cold streak ever, or he's really not that good. however, like brad may, he's earned a spot in our heart for the game 5 overtime goal against ottawa....4 years ago.

rbochan
03-08-2010, 09:59 AM
pominville literally looks like he is wearing a diaper.

He either is on the coldest cold streak ever, or he's really not that good. however, like brad may, he's earned a spot in our heart for the game 5 overtime goal against ottawa....4 years ago.

He's the worst skating player on the team and the most predictable player in the offensive zone.

A typical Pominville game goes like this:

Skate down the boards - Take a 35mph slapshot right into the goalies chest.
Skate around the end boards and chew on your mouth guard.
Skate down the boards - Take a 35mph slapshot right into the goalies glove.
Skate down the boards - Take a 35mph slapshot right into the goalies..... "oh wait he missed it. It's a goal!"
Lather, rinse, repeat.

RockStar36
03-08-2010, 10:13 AM
He's the worst skating player on the team and the most predictable player in the offensive zone.

A typical Pominville game goes like this:

Skate down the boards - Take a 35mph slapshot right into the goalies glove.
Skate down the boards - Take a 35mph slapshot right into the goalies..... "oh wait he missed it. It's a goal!"
Lather, rinse, repeat.

Don't forget about his wrist shot he does in every single shootout.

trapezeus
03-08-2010, 11:36 AM
you also missed the times that the net is empty and the puck jumps over his stick. that seems to be common these days.

OpIv37
03-08-2010, 11:39 AM
you also missed the times that the net is empty and the puck jumps over his stick. that seems to be common these days.

yeah, I included that in what I said about him mishandling the puck when he actually gets open space.