• Aug 2004

Re: Green visiting Bills

Oh goodie.....we are doomed.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
      !?!?!?!?!?
      • Mar 2006

Please be strictly a depth move or a stop gap....PLEASE!!

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Jan 2010

depth move at rt

Comment

• thejosh213
          • Jan 2010

Green who? Article mentioned cornell brown, joey porter and wade smith. Must have been a typo?

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
            Making Spirits Bright
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by thejosh213
            Green who? Article mentioned cornell brown, joey porter and wade smith. Must have been a typo?
            Must be colorblind...

Comment

• psubills62
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2008

The name is actually Cornell Green, though for some reason the author says "Cornell Brown" in the first paragraph.
              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

This guy is a PUNK I've talked to one Oakland Raiders writer and some fans already.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

According to a report from WIVB, Oakland Raiders free agent offensive tackle Cornell Green will visit with the Buffalo Bills today (Monday).

The 12-year veteran has been with the Oakland Raiders the past three years, starting 38 games, mostly at right tackle.

During his career he’s also played for the New York Jets, Miami Dolphins, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Denver Broncos. He was signed an undrafted free agent in 1999 after playing for Central Florida in college.

Green has had trouble with the law over the past year. In March of 2009 he was arrested and charged with domestic violence in Florida.

According to a USA Today report, the Tampa police say Green became violent during an argument at his home there with the mother of his two children. Police say Green slammed 30-year-old Teriyonal Ebony Flowers into a wall, then struck her right arm with an aluminum mop handle.

The police said he then fled the house and was later arrested at Tampa International Airport before a flight he had planned to take to Oakland.

The Bills have an obvious need to fill at right tackle following the unexpected retirement of Brad Butler last month.

Early indication upon researching his on-field performance is not promising. Given that and the obvious assault case from less than a year ago, I’m frankly stunned the Bills are even considering this guy.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

At least he made some sort of 2009 All-Star team
                    (UPDATE – The Updated 2010 version of the All Criminal Team has found a new home at Holy Taco. We will no longer disgrace our holy site with your brutal pagan sports). NFL players have committed a lot of crimes since 2005’s NFL All-Criminal Team, so the roster is in need of an update. Some […]

Cornell Green – OL: Green was arrested earlier this year for allegedly slamming the mother of his two kids against the wall and, here’s the kicker, hitting her with a mop handle. Slamming a baby mama against a wall is standard fare in the NFL, but add the mop handle beating and you know he must be a Raider.

Comment

• Prov401
                      President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      According to a report from WIVB, Oakland Raiders free agent offensive tackle Cornell Green will visit with the Buffalo Bills today (Monday).

The 12-year veteran has been with the Oakland Raiders the past three years, starting 38 games, mostly at right tackle.

During his career he’s also played for the New York Jets, Miami Dolphins, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Denver Broncos. He was signed an undrafted free agent in 1999 after playing for Central Florida in college.

Green has had trouble with the law over the past year. In March of 2009 he was arrested and charged with domestic violence in Florida.

According to a USA Today report, the Tampa police say Green became violent during an argument at his home there with the mother of his two children. Police say Green slammed 30-year-old Teriyonal Ebony Flowers into a wall, then struck her right arm with an aluminum mop handle.

The police said he then fled the house and was later arrested at Tampa International Airport before a flight he had planned to take to Oakland.

The Bills have an obvious need to fill at right tackle following the unexpected retirement of Brad Butler last month.

Early indication upon researching his on-field performance is not promising. Given that and the obvious assault case from less than a year ago, I’m frankly stunned the Bills are even considering this guy.
                      Of course that's the woman's story. What probably happened was, he made her flinch, then threw the mop handle, nearly hitting her. Seriously, I really don't put much stock into these players who have had problems with the law once or twice. Most people do. We make mistakes. All I want to know is, will he be a better option at RT than anybody we have now. If that answer is yes, then sign his ass up.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by TE2Hard-E81
                        Of course that's the woman's story. What probably happened was, he made her flinch, then threw the mop handle, nearly hitting her. Seriously, I really don't put much stock into these players who have had problems with the law once or twice. Most people do. We make mistakes. All I want to know is, will he be a better option at RT than anybody we have now. If that answer is yes, then sign his ass up.
                        1. Do you put any stock in him fleeing his house and getting caught at the airport trying to get back to Oakland?

2. More importantly, moving past that-- maybe he just "fouled" up once. But beyond that, nearly everything I've heard about him on field is absolutely atrocious.

If what a lot of Oakland fans are saying is true (and don't discount a lot of fans, you wouldnt want to be if someone came here asking about say a Bryan Scott)--- then I'd rather have Kirk Freegin Chambers at RT.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

The Penalty Machine is a cheap stopgap for the OL. that's just what they're looking for.
                          Originally posted by yordad
                          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

The best thing I've heard about him, and even this is a minority, is that's he could be a decent backup.

Sorry, but 12 year vets as backups at OT don't work for me.

As much as I dont believe in Bell nor Meredith for 2010 at this point, Id rather have them fight it out than bring in Green at RT.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                              The best thing I've heard about him, and even this is a minority, is that's he could be a decent backup.

Sorry, but 12 year vets as backups at OT don't work for me.

As much as I dont believe in Bell nor Meredith for 2010 at this point, Id rather have them fight it out than bring in Green at RT.

c'mon... sing with me.....

Buffalo's got the spirit
                              Talking Proud
                              Talking Proud
                              listen up and you'll hear it....
                              Originally posted by yordad
                              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                              X