Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Bills pick up Kelsays roster bonus, looks like they will do same with Schobel

An indication both will return in 2010:

LINK

Bills pick up roster bonus for Kelsay -- 3:11 p.m.

While the Buffalo Bills continue to wait for veteran DE Aaron Schobel to make up his mind on his future, the team has made a decision on another veteran defensive player.

The team picked up DE Chris Kelsay's $500,000 roster bonus which was due on March 5, a league source told Scout.com. Kelsay is set to make $3.7 million in base salary this season.

As Scout.com recently first reported, Schobel's $2 million roster bonus is due this Tuesday (March 9) and all indications have been that they plan on paying it. The team will be transitioning to a 3-4 defensive scheme this season and they believe he'll make a smooth transition to outside linebacker.

-- Adam Caplan
  • Syderick
    • Apr 2006

Re: Bills pick up Kelsays roster bonus, looks like they will do same with Schobel

Hopefully Schobel returns
    3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Re: Bills pick up Kelsays roster bonus, looks like they will do same with Schobel

Smart move.

If they trade him they can get something for him. If they dont pay it, he's cut and gets nothing.

I still dont buy for a second both Kelsay and Schobel move to OLB next year.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• EDS
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by NE39
        An indication both will return in 2010:

LINK

Well, they need at least 53 or so guys on the roster.

Comment

• bigbub2352
          • Feb 2005

great move dick jaroun i mean chain gailey add 2 more guys to the roster that dont fit ur scheme
          add corto and ellison as well as schouman who sucks ball and cant stay healthy and gaddis a guy cut 2 times by the team already

then bring in 2 olineman from worse olines then our pathetic one
          way to get ur fan base going
          how stupid do they think we r
          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bigbub2352
            great move dick jaroun i mean chain gailey add 2 more guys to the roster that dont fit ur scheme
            add corto and ellison as well as schouman who sucks ball and cant stay healthy and gaddis a guy cut 2 times by the team already

then bring in 2 olineman from worse olines then our pathetic one
            way to get ur fan base going
            how stupid do they think we r

Dick brought in guys that fit systems he was in love with. How did that work out?

I think it's more important that the coaches can adjust the schemes to make the players can thrive .
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• jdbillsfan
              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              Dick brought in guys that fit systems he was in love with. How did that work out?

I think it's more important that the coaches can adjust the schemes to make the players can thrive .
              We are talking about the same guys.

These aren't guys that thrive in any system.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jdbillsfan
                We are talking about the same guys.

These aren't guys that thrive in any system.

Schobel was solid. Not a star but he was solid in the 4-3 without a Bruce Smith opposite him.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• more cowbell
                  • Apr 2006

Kelsay isn't bad...but god is he overpaid
                  The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

thank god we signed kelsay again. i was worried about who would do the ingame ad for celino and barnes.

2010 is a lot year. Again.

I'm angry about this, but there is no quick fix. I was steaming mad last year because it was so obvious before the season even start that we were at the end of Jauron's "rebuild" and it was clear as day nothing could be accomplished with the team he put together and the lameness of his in game decisions. it was such an affront that they'd make us suffer through another year. if they would have done this chan gailey switch last year, we'd be further along. but things don't work like that at 1BD i guess.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Schobel has a guaranted $6.025 million salary..........he's going nowhere

Comment

Working...
                      X