PDA

View Full Version : Bills pick up Kelsays roster bonus, looks like they will do same with Schobel

Ickybaluky
03-08-2010, 12:00 AM
An indication both will return in 2010:

LINK (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-free-agency-blog-3710)

Bills pick up roster bonus for Kelsay -- 3:11 p.m.

While the Buffalo Bills continue to wait for veteran DE Aaron Schobel to make up his mind on his future, the team has made a decision on another veteran defensive player.

The team picked up DE Chris Kelsay's $500,000 roster bonus which was due on March 5, a league source told Scout.com. Kelsay is set to make $3.7 million in base salary this season.

As Scout.com recently first reported, Schobel's $2 million roster bonus is due this Tuesday (March 9) and all indications have been that they plan on paying it. The team will be transitioning to a 3-4 defensive scheme this season and they believe he'll make a smooth transition to outside linebacker.

-- Adam Caplan

Syderick
03-08-2010, 12:07 AM
Hopefully Schobel returns

patmoran2006
03-08-2010, 12:24 AM
Smart move.

If they trade him they can get something for him. If they dont pay it, he's cut and gets nothing.

I still dont buy for a second both Kelsay and Schobel move to OLB next year.

EDS
03-08-2010, 09:29 AM
An indication both will return in 2010:

LINK (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-free-agency-blog-3710)

Well, they need at least 53 or so guys on the roster.

bigbub2352
03-08-2010, 09:47 AM
great move dick jaroun i mean chain gailey add 2 more guys to the roster that dont fit ur scheme
add corto and ellison as well as schouman who sucks ball and cant stay healthy and gaddis a guy cut 2 times by the team already

then bring in 2 olineman from worse olines then our pathetic one
way to get ur fan base going
how stupid do they think we r

justasportsfan
03-08-2010, 09:59 AM
great move dick jaroun i mean chain gailey add 2 more guys to the roster that dont fit ur scheme
add corto and ellison as well as schouman who sucks ball and cant stay healthy and gaddis a guy cut 2 times by the team already

then bring in 2 olineman from worse olines then our pathetic one
way to get ur fan base going
how stupid do they think we r

Dick brought in guys that fit systems he was in love with. How did that work out?

I think it's more important that the coaches can adjust the schemes to make the players can thrive .

jdbillsfan
03-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Dick brought in guys that fit systems he was in love with. How did that work out?

I think it's more important that the coaches can adjust the schemes to make the players can thrive .

We are talking about the same guys.

These aren't guys that thrive in any system.

justasportsfan
03-08-2010, 10:03 AM
We are talking about the same guys.

These aren't guys that thrive in any system.

Schobel was solid. Not a star but he was solid in the 4-3 without a Bruce Smith opposite him.

more cowbell
03-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Kelsay isn't bad...but god is he overpaid

trapezeus
03-08-2010, 02:54 PM
thank god we signed kelsay again. i was worried about who would do the ingame ad for celino and barnes.

2010 is a lot year. Again.

I'm angry about this, but there is no quick fix. I was steaming mad last year because it was so obvious before the season even start that we were at the end of Jauron's "rebuild" and it was clear as day nothing could be accomplished with the team he put together and the lameness of his in game decisions. it was such an affront that they'd make us suffer through another year. if they would have done this chan gailey switch last year, we'd be further along. but things don't work like that at 1BD i guess.

clumping platelets
03-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Schobel has a guaranted $6.025 million salary..........he's going nowhere