PDA

View Full Version : Is there any chance the Bills could draft bookend tackles this year?

Ebenezer
03-08-2010, 10:55 AM
I love the Wood/Levitre draft last year and it looked very promising before Wood's injury.

Is there any chance they could do some wheeling and dealing and do the same this year? Trade up and back into the first round to get to T in the draft? I know they have a lot of holes and can't afford to trade away too many picks but they have a couple of players that they could move (Whitner, Lynch) to position themselves better.

Thoughts?

psubills62
03-08-2010, 11:04 AM
As long as they can get an LT prospect at #9, they could certainly find an RT in any of the other rounds. Maybe go all Iowa and grab Kyle Calloway in the 3rd? Or Roger Saffold in the 2nd?

At this point, I'd be a little surprised if they took two tackles with their top two picks. I definitely think they need to take at least 2 OT's at some point in the draft. Just too many needs to use the 2nd round pick on one, when we could easily try to develop Meredith.

DraftBoy
03-08-2010, 11:05 AM
I think there is a high likelihood we take two OT's in this draft, in fact Id be shocked if at least 6 of our picks weren't lineman on either side of the ball. Potentially 3 OL and 3 to 4 DL.

I think we take one OT early, and another mid rounder to compete with Meredith and Bell. That's two starters and two backups, which is a solid rotation. Then maybe add another utility OL prospect and that's your OL draft.

madness
03-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Skill positions are a luxury at this point. We may end up having the heaviest draft in the league.

Don't Panic
03-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Skill positions are a luxury at this point. We may end up having the heaviest draft in the league.

Heavy is a fine theme for me... seeing how FA is going, it looks like NT and LT will be the top 2 priorities. RT could come in the 3rd or 4th... 4th if we see an OLB we like in the 3rd. Crazy to say, but we could address our top 4 needs outside of QB pretty nicely in this draft if things fall right.

tampabay25690
03-08-2010, 06:11 PM
I think there is a high likelihood we take two OT's in this draft, in fact Id be shocked if at least 6 of our picks weren't lineman on either side of the ball. Potentially 3 OL and 3 to 4 DL.

I think we take one OT early, and another mid rounder to compete with Meredith and Bell. That's two starters and two backups, which is a solid rotation. Then maybe add another utility OL prospect and that's your OL draft.

Agreed

TigerJ
03-11-2010, 03:44 PM
I might have agreed with Draftboy before the Green signing, but with all the needs Buffalo has, I think they may just draft a left tackle and hope that the right tackle and depth will be sorted out among Green, Bell, and Meredith.

tampabay25690
03-11-2010, 04:25 PM
LT definitely

X-Era
03-11-2010, 06:35 PM
I think there is an above average shot at getting bookend tackles at both LT and RT out of this draft.

I say that because we could be looking at 5 or 6 OT's going in the 1st round. Most are LT prospects... Davis, Okung, Bulaga, Campbell, and Brown (if he goes in the 1st). Jury is still out on Williams ability to play LT... Ive said all along I think he can and his combine results didn't kill the thought, probably helped it with that 40.

As far as RT's go, I think we could get a guy who could start maybe as even a rookie from the 4th or 5th round. Sam Young may not last that long, but guys like Matt Reynolds, Zane Beadles (who may also play G), even guys like Kyle Calloway, Ulatoksi, or Zipp Duncan. One of those guys should be available in the 4th and could be a solid player early.

DraftBoy
03-11-2010, 06:40 PM
I think there is an above average shot at getting bookend tackles at both LT and RT out of this draft.

I say that because we could be looking at 5 or 6 OT's going in the 1st round. Most are LT prospects... Davis, Okung, Bulaga, Campbell, and Brown (if he goes in the 1st). Jury is still out on Williams ability to play LT... Ive said all along I think he can and his combine results didn't kill the thought, probably helped it with that 40.

As far as RT's go, I think we could get a guy who could start maybe as even a rookie from the 4th or 5th round. Sam Young may not last that long, but guys like Matt Reynolds, Zane Beadles (who may also play G), even guys like Kyle Calloway, Ulatoksi, Zipp Duncan, or Lee Ziemba. One of those guys should be available in the 4th and could be a solid player early.

Ziemba is not in the draft fyi.

X-Era
03-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Ziemba is not in the draft fyi.
Thanks, I missed it.

BTW, Is O' Dowd in or out? I cant find confirmation, can you?

JCBills
03-14-2010, 09:41 PM
I might have agreed with Draftboy before the Green signing, but with all the needs Buffalo has, I think they may just draft a left tackle and hope that the right tackle and depth will be sorted out among Green, Bell, and Meredith.

I don't know why they would limit Meredith to only be able to compete for RT, he's extremely athletic and strong, and could easily outperform a drafted rookie now that he has a year under his belt.