PDA

View Full Version : Dwan Edwards left Denver without a deal

patmoran2006
03-08-2010, 01:39 PM
I still get to hold out hope the Bills will come calling.. He'd be great for this defense. Excellent run stopper

WeAreArthurMoates
03-08-2010, 01:41 PM
I agree Pat, this would be a great pick up. Seeing Whaley played him twice a year you'd think there would be mutual interest. Could be we didn't want to give him a contract like Chris Canty which I'm sure Dwan was looking for. Seeing two places pass on him maybe we have a shot.

methos4ever
03-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Whaley also might be scared off by the cadaver's C3 that's fused to his C4 vertebrae (could be vice versa). Baltimore gave him a one year dear to keep him around last year - and this year they've been pretty blase in bringing him back.

YardRat
03-08-2010, 01:53 PM
He would be a nice pick-up...

patmoran2006
03-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Big upgrade over Spencer Johnson as a starting DE, IMO

WeAreArthurMoates
03-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Big upgrade over Spencer Johnson as a starting DE, IMO

I think Johnson will actually make a good d end on passing downs but I'm a little nervous for him as an everydown guy. I want Dwan or Nick Easion on this team stat.

patmoran2006
03-08-2010, 02:01 PM
I think Nick Eason should get called too, it makes perfect sense. A chance to finally start.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-08-2010, 02:30 PM
I think Nick Eason should get called too, it makes perfect sense. A chance to finally start.

This is why I'm surprised he's not. I thought he'd be the first one called with the Whaley connection. I was counting on it, Easion would be a starter and his 3-4 experience would go along ways in this defense.

bigbub2352
03-08-2010, 02:33 PM

Stop making sense come on Pat u gotta not make sense then u got what the bills will do

patmoran2006
03-08-2010, 02:40 PM
another guy a lot of us liked for FA may be going back "home"

Larry Foote is going to visit with the Pittsburgh Steelers

Ickybaluky
03-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Whaley also might be scared off by the cadaver's C3 that's fused to his C4 vertebrae (could be vice versa). Baltimore gave him a one year dear to keep him around last year - and this year they've been pretty blase in bringing him back.

Actually, Baltimore wants him back and is still trying to keep him. However, they can't afford to pay him what he wants and so he is looking to see if anyone else will.

LINK (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-sp.ravensnotes21jan21,0,7609433.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+baltimoresun/sports/football/rss2+(+Rav)

In addition to Bannan, Dwan Edwards is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent. Coach John Harbaugh spoke Tuesday of the team's intention to retain both Bannan and Edwards, the team's second-round pick in 2004, who registered 50 tackles and one sack this past season.

"We're going to try to keep those guys here," Harbaugh said. "We're going to make a big push to do it. We want to keep that group intact."

They already lost Bannan. He did have spinal fusion surgery, but it was not career threatening and he played all last year afterwards without effect.

Raptor
03-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Wonder what type of deal he is looking for, i'd really like to add him to the roster

New Ro's Greatest
03-08-2010, 07:32 PM
If we can Overpay Green we can overpay Edwards. GO BILLS:darth:

methos4ever
03-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Actually, Baltimore wants him back and is still trying to keep him. However, they can't afford to pay him what he wants and so he is looking to see if anyone else will.

LINK (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-sp.ravensnotes21jan21,0,7609433.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+baltimoresun/sports/football/rss2+(+Rav)

They already lost Bannan. He did have spinal fusion surgery, but it was not career threatening and he played all last year afterwards without effect.

Baltimore's pretty good at keeping who they want and paying accordingly. If he's still out here fishing, they have a number that is pretty low to him then.

And he didn't really start until mid-season and came on toward the end, so neither he nor the Ravens know how much it'll affect him going forward. Personally, any spinal fusion is a dangerous thing to bring into the tackle box - but that's me.

BuffaloBillsHeart
03-09-2010, 03:29 PM

Ralph is too cheap. I seriously think he's limiting Buddy and Chan's ability to sign players in FA this year which is extremely unfortunate, when you consider just how many holes we have to fill on this depleted roster.