PDA

View Full Version : Same Players New Coaches = More Wins

jimbledsoe
03-08-2010, 02:35 PM
We were decimated by injuries last year. We are hopefully getting all those players back. The only player we are losing that was a real part of the team is TO, and He has not signed anywhere yet.

We have all questioned how DJ ran the team, did not work the players hard enough, Made terrible in game decisions. Well, he is gone. We have the same talent with new people running it.

We do have talent on this team. We were 3 games out of making some noise in this division last year. I am excited to see what kind of football we play this year. I am also excited to see that we will have two strenghth and conditioning coaches. I think we should sign a couple more.

I think we are going to get much better just by adding the players we lost to injury plus the players that had to step up and produce. Some did not play that grea, but some showed some real promise and determination.

Lets go Bills

G Wolly
03-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Maybe so, but most of the time, the same players yield the same results.

I hope to be wrong.

bigbub2352
03-08-2010, 02:42 PM
so u r goin for a 7-9 instead of a 6-10 nice

jimbledsoe
03-08-2010, 02:47 PM
so u r goin for a 7-9 instead of a 6-10 nice

9-7 would be nice to start.

psubills62
03-08-2010, 02:57 PM
You have to imagine the draft will net us SOME better players.

jimbledsoe
03-08-2010, 03:21 PM

I am hoping for two maybe three starters in the draft.

psubills62
03-08-2010, 03:26 PM
I am hoping for two maybe three starters in the draft.

Agreed. Starters at LT, NT, possibly ILB/OLB and DE.

OpIv37
03-08-2010, 03:46 PM

just like last year's draft? It netted us 3 pretty much instant starters- Wood, Levitre and Byrd- yet, we still lost one more game than in the previous season.

"Same Players New Coaches = More Wins" is a gross oversimplification. It neglects the Butler departure. It neglects the fact that we're running a different D that requires different personnel. It neglects the fact that the offensive players will have to learn a new playbook.

I know it's early, but this is looking like a 4 win season.

DynaPaul
03-08-2010, 03:53 PM
We'll see what happens on the field.