PDA

View Full Version : Jamaal Williams to vist the Saints

patmoran2006
03-08-2010, 03:16 PM
The Good news just keeps rolling in.

Jamaal Williams, DT- is going to vist with the Saints according to NFL.com

What's going on with these "Nix" connections?

Williams doesnt seem interested in coming here for a visit, and Chambers obviously didn't. .Both were Nix and/or Gailey guys, no?

patmoran2006
03-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Should be noted Leonard Little is also visiting N.O. and as of now they can only sign one FA

methos4ever
03-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Well Chambers may have an affinity for the team that kept him, and the possibility of playing the Chargers twice a year.

Williams just got cut by a contender and is visiting the defending Super Bowl champs. Not like he hopped on the train and went to TB Pat! :nod:

Connections or not, neither were going to run here just because Gailey/Nix were here.

methos4ever
03-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Should be noted Leonard Little is also visiting N.O. and as of now they can only sign one FA
They can sign em both though, since Williams is a street free agent.

bigbub2352
03-08-2010, 03:24 PM
ist all about RW and his is he willing to spend
probably not

patmoran2006
03-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Yeah, you're right.

DOuble-doo doo

patmoran2006
03-08-2010, 03:26 PM
WOW.

He may not make it to N.O.

Lombardi reports WIlliams is in Denver to take a physical right now.

BuffaloBillsHeart
03-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Buddy is approaching this in a very conservative style, but as long as we draft as well as I expect us to, we'll be fine.

B-DON
03-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Ive always appreciated what you do for us around here pat, but lately your turning into an HH or Op. Can we get the old pat back?

Buddo
03-08-2010, 04:20 PM
I suppose at the end of the day, the connections only help if you actually want the player in the first place.
Nix and the coaching staff will have their own preferences as to who they want, and why.
Sometimes, players at ostensibly the same position in the same type of scheme, may not be as good a 'fit' as we assume, due to a relative strength, or weakness.
Some of our difficulty in rationalizing moves (or rather the lack of), is in part down to not actually knowing, how the Bills intend to set themselves up on both sides of the football this year. Switching to a 3-4 front is certain, but there are many shades of that.
I couldn't begin to tell you what style of offense we will have, although my best guess would be heavily run-orientated.

As a sort of 'side note', I don't think realistically the Bills can be faulted where players are signing with their original teams - like Chambers did. I think that some of these guys, in the light of a potential lock-out next year, will rather be with the 'devil they know' than go through the upheaval associated with moving teams. Seems to me there are a few more 'home town discounts' around this year - and the uncertainty that surrounds next year, may be a factor.

Spiderweb
03-09-2010, 12:01 AM
Buddy is approaching this in a very conservative style, but as long as we draft as well as I expect us to, we'll be fine.

.............which is pretty much what he said he was going to do. Yet, there are those surprised, angry, etc.? This year will be as much about getting the "organization" philosophy heading in the right direction as it will be the team.