PDA

View Full Version : Arizona is going to single handedly screw us, lol

patmoran2006
03-08-2010, 04:41 PM
They got Joey Porter coming in for a visit, and now they have Nick Eason and Wade Smith (yes, that Wade Smith) in for a visit on Tuesday.

2 of the three the BIlls already have reported interest in (SMith visited) and Eason is obviously a depth guy the BIlls would love.

F U Arizona!

patmoran2006
03-08-2010, 04:43 PM
This is all according to Adam Schefter, and Smith at least has been confirmed by other reports as going to Arizona next

WeAreArthurMoates
03-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Well that sucks, really wanted Easion here, why the hell haven't we brought him in.

Mike in Syracuse
03-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Arizona lost FIVE, of their best players. They've got a QB that may be worse than Trent Edwards. They may be worse than the Bills right now.

The weather is the only upgrade they can offer.

Mathja
03-08-2010, 05:17 PM
None of these players or even all of these players wouldn't significantly increase the Bills chances of winning a superbowl this year or next. No big deal.
Now, if you can trade back to 14 or 15 in the first, still draft a Bulaga and get an extra 2nd and take Cody, another NT or a 5-technique DE. Trade a 2nd this year and next (like the Shaub trade) for Kevin Kolb. Then trade Whitner and something for Sean Rogers or a 5-technique DE (depending on what they do with their own 2nd). And lastly, trade Lynch and a 3rd for Vincent Jackson (remember, he has 2 off-field incident as well -- our problem for theirs). Now, i'd feel good about the team's chances to improve.

Slim
03-08-2010, 05:20 PM
If Porter does sign in ARI, Greg Ellis was cut by the Raiders today. A little older, but still productive.

SaviorEdwards
03-08-2010, 05:21 PM
If I was a free agent I would go there to. Nice area, great stadium, low taxes (for the most part)

better days
03-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Arizona lost FIVE, of their best players. They've got a QB that may be worse than Trent Edwards. They may be worse than the Bills right now.

Yeah, it is nice & warm in the winter, but if you have ever been in Phoenix in the summer damn it is HOT.

Goobylal
03-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Agree with MiS. Without Warner, they were screwed. Remove Boldin, Dansby and Rolle and they're back to being the same old Cardinals.

BILLSROCK1212
03-08-2010, 05:34 PM
None of these players or even all of these players wouldn't significantly increase the Bills chances of winning a superbowl this year or next. No big deal.
Now, if you can trade back to 14 or 15 in the first, still draft a Bulaga and get an extra 2nd and take Cody, another NT or a 5-technique DE. Trade a 2nd this year and next (like the Shaub trade) for Kevin Kolb. Then trade Whitner and something for Sean Rogers or a 5-technique DE (depending on what they do with their own 2nd). And lastly, trade Lynch and a 3rd for Vincent Jackson (remember, he has 2 off-field incident as well -- our problem for theirs). Now, i'd feel good about the team's chances to improve.
Madden much??

Scumbag College
03-08-2010, 05:39 PM
The Bills are going to shell out money to get quality players in here. Until then, the Bills will be passed over by good free agents.

DraftBoy
03-08-2010, 05:42 PM
They got Joey Porter coming in for a visit, and now they have Nick Eason and Wade Smith (yes, that Wade Smith) in for a visit on Tuesday.

2 of the three the BIlls already have reported interest in (SMith visited) and Eason is obviously a depth guy the BIlls would love.

F U Arizona!

A guy that you would love as depth but there have been no reports that Ive seen linking him to us. What makes you say is a guy the Bills would love?

methos4ever
03-08-2010, 06:00 PM
A guy that you would love as depth but there have been no reports that Ive seen linking him to us. What makes you say is a guy the Bills would love?
Most likely because Eason was a Steeler and Whaley could have a connection to him.

The Jokeman
03-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Most likely because Eason was a Steeler and Whaley could have a connection to him.
The Cardinals are Pitt West Coast as let's not forget Wisenhunt and Grimm came from the Steelers to the Cardinals.

Griz78
03-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Would McCargo be better than Eason? Maybe they are thinking of him now as Depth.
I'm sure Whaley would have said something if Eason was good.

Demon
03-08-2010, 06:11 PM

And coaching.

Arizona HC coached Porter while in Pittsburgh.

madness
03-08-2010, 06:30 PM
It's been predicted Porter will sign with Arizona. Porter wants to be close to Cali where his family lives, especially to be closer to his daughter who has autism. If Arizona wants him, it's practically a done deal.

TheBrownBear
03-08-2010, 06:35 PM
The Cardinals were 4-2 in the playoffs over the last two seasons.

The Bills were 0-2 against the Browns.

TacklingDummy
03-08-2010, 06:49 PM
I could careless about picking up another teams trash in free agency. Teams are built by the draft.

Mathja
03-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Madden much??
i know...i never make posts like that -- and i actually never play madden. but some of the ideas are actually halfway thought out.
for instance...kolb for a 2nd this year and next --i'm pretty sure it's exactly what houston gave up for shaub, so there is precedent.
marshawn and a pick for vincent jackson. marshawn's value is low mostly because of off-field issues, but so is jackson. Buffalo just lost T.O. and San Diego just lost L.T. headache for headache fills a hole for both teams.

patmoran2006
03-08-2010, 08:05 PM
I could careless about picking up another teams trash in free agency. Teams are built by the draft.

What do you care?

Every year you want to trade 3 of our draft picks while they still have some value left anyway.

patmoran2006
03-08-2010, 08:06 PM
BTW, of those three, I'd like to see Porter come here the least.

1. Eason (experience and leadership in the 3-4)
2. Smith (outstanding depth up the middle AND can play RT as well, which he may do if he signs with Cards)
3. Porter (close to being nothing more than a name at this point)

WeAreArthurMoates
03-10-2010, 08:30 AM
Updated: I was crusing the cardinals website and it's said that both Eason and Smith concluded there visits to Arizona. Don't know if they were offered a contract but they def didn't sign one.