PDA

View Full Version : Andre Reed said what?

SirMcGee
03-08-2010, 05:42 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2ffeatures%2frumors#4277

Anybody an insider?

DraftBoy
03-08-2010, 05:48 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/11331/bills-legend-wants-edwards-at-qb

"I think they need to put Trent back in regardless," said Reed, who was among the 10 finalists for induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame this year but missed the cut.

"They're not going to do anything in the draft to get a quarterback. If anything, they'll do something in free agency. But Buffalo's not really aggressive. The Bills are sitting stagnant."

I think our old timers need to sit down and be quiet now...

The Spaz
03-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Trent back in "regardless" STFU Andre.

trapezeus
03-08-2010, 06:21 PM
it's not a pretty picture andre paints, but really what are your options. i'm not against trent starting the season with brohm chasing him and replacing him by week 4 ish.

i don't want any of the qb projects and i don't want them being submitted to the pain that is our pathetic ol. i want that oline straightened up and have trent and fitz taking the licks. because if they break we know we aren't losing much.

by the time, brohm comes in the line should be a little more cohesive and he should be ready to assume the role. he's not much of an upgrade, but there is potential. he gets the full year to knock one out of hte park. If it works great, if not, we get the next great qb in 2011. if there is alockout, we don't have to fret over lost production from our #9 QB. we start fresh with a new season.

Trent most likely is starting. that's not such a bad thing as long as you are long term in your thinking and not worried about winning 7 games in 2010.

if you are then we should probably be signing a lot of free agents and patch work a team that won't be together in 2011 to win 7-9 games.

sdbillsfan2
03-08-2010, 06:28 PM
I wonder if Andre ever gave any thought to what his chances of making it in to the HOF would have been if Edwards was his QB and not Kelly.. I seriously think his 2 cents on the matter would be worth even less! Qb's who check down don't seem to find WRs very often.

SABURZFAN
03-08-2010, 06:37 PM
I wonder if Andre ever gave any thought to what his chances of making it in to the HOF would have been if Edwards was his QB and not Kelly.. I seriously think his 2 cents on the matter would be worth even less! Qb's who check down don't seem to find WRs very often.

i wonder if Kelly would be in the HOF if his OL looked like it has the last few years.

Night Train
03-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Reed..is wrong.

elltrain22
03-08-2010, 06:53 PM
I think Thurman Thomas got a hold of Andre's Twitter password.

ParanoidAndroid
03-08-2010, 07:04 PM
He's right about Buffalo being stagnant....but the new regime needs a chance to build something.

Typ0
03-08-2010, 07:17 PM
I agree about TE. Do whatever else they are going to do but play TE. Sink or swim for him and his career right now. As much as people seem frustrated with him there still is a decent chance he can get it done but at this point in his career he's not going to get it done on the back burner. Play him.

Aliceinchainsbills15
03-08-2010, 07:18 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/11331/bills-legend-wants-edwards-at-qb

Although i do not agree with bringing Trent back into the mix, however, i'm glad the former 90s Bills are getting their voice out about this organiztion. Someone needs to.

superbills
03-08-2010, 07:25 PM
I think that our "old veterans" need to stop thinking as though they are still relevant. Either buy the team and run it your way or STFU and go golf or something.

justasportsfan
03-08-2010, 07:30 PM
If Trent still refuses to throw , it's a bad thing. Maybe Rivera can undo the damage Dick did to TE and fix trents wobbly balls.

SirMcGee
03-08-2010, 10:26 PM
If Trent still refuses to throw , it's a bad thing. Maybe Rivera can undo the damage Dick did to TE and fix trents wobbly balls.
:wtf:

Philagape
03-08-2010, 11:05 PM
he's not going to get it done on the back burner. Play him.

On the flip side, he can't cost the Bills games if he's on the bench.
Why should the Bills or anyone give a crap about his career? He's entitled to nothing.

Griff
03-08-2010, 11:05 PM
I love the hypocrisy, all these guys bashing Andre would be praising his name if he agreed with them.

jamze132
03-09-2010, 01:26 AM
Reed needs to grab Kelly and Thurm and go play some sandlot ball so they can remember the good times and stop meddling.

Typ0
03-09-2010, 04:09 AM
On the flip side, he can't cost the Bills games if he's on the bench.
Why should the Bills or anyone give a crap about his career? He's entitled to nothing.

They should give a crap about his career because he's their property right now. I'm not talking about any entitlements I'm talking about this dumb ass team being smart with their investments.

Thief
03-09-2010, 06:06 AM
I agree about TE. Do whatever else they are going to do but play TE. Sink or swim for him and his career right now. As much as people seem frustrated with him there still is a decent chance he can get it done but at this point in his career he's not going to get it done on the back burner. Play him.I thought we were to sink or swim with him last year?

Don't Panic
03-09-2010, 06:18 AM
It also mentioned how Reed was basing this on Buffalo's need to stick to a QB long-term, something that is not without sound basis.

Amen to what trap said above... might as well let the current QB stable work it out behind a developing line this season and then re-evaluate next winter. Unless Bradford falls to us, which he won't, there is no way we should be considering a QB early in this draft.

Novacane
03-09-2010, 06:35 AM

Why? They can't be fans and point out the obvious inept organization like we do?

better days
03-09-2010, 08:07 AM
I thought we were to sink or swim with him last year?

IMO the biggest mistake the Bills made last year was to not bring in a QB to compete with Trent in training camp. Trent was Dicks boy & that is the only reason he beat out JP the year before & the reason they signed Fitz to back him up instead of having him compete with a decent vet.

I don't think the Bills have anything to lose in letting Trent compete for the job in camp but he is not the long term answer at QB.

Philagape
03-09-2010, 08:35 AM
They should give a crap about his career because he's their property right now. I'm not talking about any entitlements I'm talking about this dumb ass team being smart with their investments.

So is Andre Ramsey, so is Keith Ellison, so is Brian Brohm. Why should Edwards get more of a chance than anyone else on the roster?

feldspar
03-09-2010, 09:42 AM
Why the animosity for Andre Reed saying what he thinks? Is he not entitled to his opinion about the team he played on for 15 years? As though this is a subject that should be off-limits to him? Take it for what it's worth, but don't get a stick up your ass about it.

justasportsfan
03-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Andre Reed was a ***** when he wasn't getting the ball in his last year here. He'd have Trents head on a platter if Trent was going to Reed , Jackson and Lynch.

trapezeus
03-09-2010, 11:07 AM
reed also established a level of consistent play that earned him the right to speak up. you have no bodies claiming they "should" get the ball more. but then not doing anything different on a week to week basis.

Yes trent seemed to struggle mightily with releasing the ball to a guy who wasn't wide open, but then agian, our WRs weren't ever wide open. So they didn't do enough.

The offense is in shambles. it's going to take a lot for this team to be barely competitive.

But just like with jauron, i was disappointed with him being picked and then gave him 3 years to work through the trash and find his team. The team he had for year 3 and 4 were some of the worst. Gailey is going to need to gut this team of the trash and slowly build up. he gets the same 3 years as everyone else.

justasportsfan
03-09-2010, 11:11 AM
reed also established a level of consistent play that earned him the right to speak up. you have no bodies claiming they "should" get the ball more. but then not doing anything different on a week to week basis.

Yes trent seemed to struggle mightily with releasing the ball to a guy who wasn't wide open, but then agian, our WRs weren't ever wide open. So they didn't do enough.

The offense is in shambles. it's going to take a lot for this team to be barely competitive.

But just like with jauron, i was disappointed with him being picked and then gave him 3 years to work through the trash and find his team. The team he had for year 3 and 4 were some of the worst. Gailey is going to need to gut this team of the trash and slowly build up. he gets the same 3 years as everyone else.

Reed was lucky he had a qb that could throw more than 20 yards on a consitent basis. He had a cast around him that made him great. In his last year he was whining that he wasn't getting the ball. He cost us a penalty that cost us a playoff win because of his frustration.

DraftBoy
03-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Why? They can't be fans and point out the obvious inept organization like we do?

No, you have to know who you are. Which is the reason that even though guys like Schefter, Mortensen, Berman, and Jackson all have favorite teams they dont comment on them in public.

Reed is not just a fan, he is a former player, he should know better.

feldspar
03-09-2010, 04:44 PM
He cost us a penalty that cost us a playoff win because of his frustration.

That was a TERRIBLE call in that Miami game...just terrible, and that wasn't the only terrible, terrible game-changing call that went against the Bills in that game. Reed didn't mean to bump into that ref; and he was right, that was a touchdown. The officials had it out for us in that game. Maybe they had money on Miami.

BertSquirtgum
03-09-2010, 09:15 PM
TRENT SUCKS...........and so the bills shall continue to suck if they play him.