PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 reasons we're going to the Super Bowl...

elltrain22
03-08-2010, 08:49 PM
10.) Buddy Nix- he had coaches beatin down his door to coach here, & he's an old guy, who knows football. So far, he's been awesome getting alot of quality FA interest.

9.) Trent Edwards coming back- we get to watch him check it down 99.9% of the time again. Whoopee!!

8.) Remember our great O-line?- Bell was a turnstile, Butler pussed out and retired, Wood's coming off surgery, Hangartner is average, and we didn't even keep Incognito.

7.) Chan Gailey- giddy w/ excitement yet???

6.) More Jerry Sullivan articles that berate the Bills- some of those I do actually enjoy.

5.) No WR's- No TO, no Josh Reed, and all we're left w/ is Evans and a group of never-beens. Can you say 8 in the box???

4.) 3-4 defense- Lets run the 34 defense b/c everyone else is... Just like last year, lets run the no-huddle offense b/c everyone else is... sound familiar???

3.) Cornellius Green- our lone 2010 FA signee so far (we think). The Phins got Dansby, the Bears got Peppers, but we got Cornie baby!!! Whoooo hoooo!!! Championship!!!

2.) Ralph Wilson- **** you Ralph!! You cheap, senile, dumb, idiotic, ******ed, moronic, selfish, greedy, pompous, hypocritical, p.o.s.....

1.) just kidding- in case you couldn't tell
===========================

Sorry, humor is simply the only way I can phathom this offseason so far.

Oaf
03-08-2010, 09:48 PM
This might be the first offseason in my life I actually side w/ the 3 - 13 doomsayers.

BillsOwnAll
03-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Yes the offseason is a total disaster. Yet we didnt even draft yet. And you claim you can do better then the Bills FO??? Lmao.

G Wolly
03-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Yes the offseason is a total disaster. Yet we didnt even draft yet. And you claim you can do better then the Bills FO??? Lmao.

:question:

Griff
03-08-2010, 11:03 PM
http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/hootie39/comments/emo/go-cry-emo-kid.jpg

PECKERWOOD
03-09-2010, 02:50 AM
This might be the first offseason in my life I actually side w/ the 3 - 13 doomsayers.

We might just might not win a game next year.

SABURZFAN
03-09-2010, 03:05 AM

WTF are you talking about? it's obvious that this thread is in good fun. and i'll go on record to say i could have done a better job than what the FO has done in the last 10 years. i could name a few people in here as well.

PECKERWOOD
03-09-2010, 03:10 AM
WTF are you talking about? it's obvious that this thread is in good fun. and i'll go on record to say i could have done a better job than what the FO has done in the last 10 years. i could name a few people in here as well.

While it's true that this thread is in good fun, it's also true at least in my opinion that if the season started tomorrow, Buffalo may not win a single game. I'm sorry, but we need to start making some big moves here in order to be competitive, I'm talking Shawne Merriman and Shaun Hill, maybe some receiver help.

SABURZFAN
03-09-2010, 03:33 AM
While it's true that this thread is in good fun, it's also true at least in my opinion that if the season started tomorrow, Buffalo may not win a single game. I'm sorry, but we need to start making some big moves here in order to be competitive, I'm talking Shawne Merriman and Shaun Hill, maybe some receiver help.

the Bills don't need to make too many big moves on the offense. they need a complimentary WR across from Evans, a LT, and depth at OL. the QB situation doesn't appear to be all that great but i hope that with the improvement of the OL makes that position improve as well.

the defense is more challenging. the front 7 is a disaster. however, the FO approach of mid-level to low end players shouldn't cost them too much to bring in a veteran or two. they just need to live with what's in the secondary.

sprinkle a couple of rookies in the mix and i think the Bills could give .500 a run.

elltrain22
03-09-2010, 05:02 AM

Where in my post did I ever say that I could do better?

Pinkerton Security
03-09-2010, 08:23 AM

x2

trapezeus
03-09-2010, 08:31 AM
can i get point of clarification on #5. Is evans also added in as a "has never been" since he really hasn't done anything to justify being a number 1?

And cue the evan defenders from stage left.

Pinkerton Security
03-09-2010, 08:33 AM
can i get point of clarification on #5. Is evans also added in as a "has never been" since he really hasn't done anything to justify being a number 1?

well, i wont defend Evans (I do think he is a damn good WR tho), but think of it this way...as mediocre or bad as you may think Evans is, the next best WR on our roster is light years behind him...

elltrain22
03-09-2010, 08:33 AM

Good point

trapezeus
03-09-2010, 08:57 AM
well, i wont defend Evans (I do think he is a damn good WR tho), but think of it this way...as mediocre or bad as you may think Evans is, the next best WR on our roster is light years behind him...

True.
I'm not anti-evans. i just refuse to give him a pass and say he's a number 1 receiver. he has a limited skill set and hasn't made anyone around him better.
That's not a number 1.

I get that the qb situation is awful, but many true number 1's have elevated their crappy qbs.

Evans is a solid number 2 if we could get a large possession receiver as a #1. Hardy is a wasted pick. he doesn't have the desire to be a player in this league. internal award be damned.

OpIv37
03-09-2010, 09:02 AM
So in the draft, we are going to find 2 NT's, OLB, DE, OT, QB, 2 WR's and a backup RB? Because that is the minimum we need to field a full team, to say nothing of improvement or depth.

The draft MAY solve half of those problems, if we are lucky. I'll be shocked if this team gets more than 4 wins.

SirMcGee
03-09-2010, 01:22 PM
10.) Buddy Nix- he had coaches beatin down his door to coach here, & he's an old guy, who knows football. So far, he's been awesome getting alot of quality FA interest.

9.) Trent Edwards coming back- we get to watch him check it down 99.9% of the time again. Whoopee!!

8.) Remember our great O-line?- Bell was a turnstile, Butler pussed out and retired, Wood's coming off surgery, Hangartner is average, and we didn't even keep Incognito.

7.) Chan Gailey- giddy w/ excitement yet???

6.) More Jerry Sullivan articles that berate the Bills- some of those I do actually enjoy.

5.) No WR's- No TO, no Josh Reed, and all we're left w/ is Evans and a group of never-beens. Can you say 8 in the box???

4.) 3-4 defense- Lets run the 34 defense b/c everyone else is... Just like last year, lets run the no-huddle offense b/c everyone else is... sound familiar???

3.) Cornellius Green- our lone 2010 FA signee so far (we think). The Phins got Dansby, the Bears got Peppers, but we got Cornie baby!!! Whoooo hoooo!!! Championship!!!

2.) Ralph Wilson- **** you Ralph!! You cheap, senile, dumb, idiotic, ******ed, moronic, selfish, greedy, pompous, hypocritical, p.o.s.....

1.) just kidding- in case you couldn't tell
===========================

Sorry, humor is simply the only way I can phathom this offseason so far.

Yea...this was ALMOST funny.

Griff
03-09-2010, 05:17 PM
So in the draft, we are going to find 2 NT's, OLB, DE, OT, QB, 2 WR's and a backup RB? Because that is the minimum we need to field a full team, to say nothing of improvement or depth.

The draft MAY solve half of those problems, if we are lucky. I'll be shocked if this team gets more than 4 wins.

why do we need a complete team this season? Why hurt our long term viability for a round 1 loss in the playoffs?

elltrain22
03-09-2010, 06:34 PM
Yea...this was ALMOST funny.

Thanks bud!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

SirMcGee
03-09-2010, 06:39 PM
I'm not judging until the draft is over.

Luisito23
03-09-2010, 07:02 PM
If we suck (which we will) I just hope we do it right this time, so we get our choice of the best QB in the draft...NO more meaningless victories when the season is obviously over!

BertSquirtgum
03-09-2010, 09:00 PM
i can't believe some of you guys still get mad enough to post this kind of stuff. i've been over it for 2 years now. i just continue rolling with the punches.

elltrain22
03-10-2010, 05:02 AM
Sorry, I can't roll w/ Trent as our qb, no one as our O-line, a defense that doesn't nearly have the personal for a 34 defense, and especially an owner who couldn't care less about spending money to put some actual talent (or keep some talent) on this team. This team isn't even trying to be competitive IMO.