PDA

View Full Version : Comp Picks Projection

DraftBoy
03-09-2010, 07:28 AM
This guy is the best at projecting picks and he says it doesnt look like the Bills will be getting any.

http://adamjt13.blogspot.com/

Forward_Lateral
03-09-2010, 07:34 AM
Nor should they. If you got picks for sucking, that's a different story.

Raptor
03-09-2010, 08:38 AM
Damn, I thought Greer might net us another one

psubills62
03-09-2010, 08:41 AM
Not surprising. With Hangartner (starter) and Owens (starter) signings, they offset Greer at the very least.

Michael82
03-09-2010, 09:08 AM
That's a surprise. all we signed was Hangartner out of FA. Terrell Owens was cut by the Cowboys, so he shouldn't count. Drayton Florence was also a pickup off the waiver wire.

The Spaz
03-09-2010, 09:15 AM
That sucks. We need all the help we can get.

Forward_Lateral
03-09-2010, 09:19 AM
That's a surprise. all we signed was Hangartner out of FA. Terrell Owens was cut by the Cowboys, so he shouldn't count. Drayton Florence was also a pickup off the waiver wire.

I think Owens counts because he was a signed FA. He wasn't claimed off of waivers from Dallas.

I'm not sure, though. I've been wrong before. Once.

methos4ever
03-09-2010, 09:31 AM
If a guy is cut he doesn't count - he's a street FA.

Fitz was a FA as was Hang. Both played and started at times (in Fitz's case). So that would even out Crowell and Jabari.

Michael82
03-09-2010, 09:32 AM
I think Owens counts because he was a signed FA. He wasn't claimed off of waivers from Dallas.

I'm not sure, though. I've been wrong before. Once.

That goes against everything I have always heard/read. I always thought that if a player was released by a team and signed by another, he doesn't count for compensatory picks.

gonzo1105
03-09-2010, 09:36 AM
He counts as a FA signed by the Bills but the Cowboys dont receive anything for us signing him.

Michael82
03-09-2010, 09:58 AM
If a guy is cut he doesn't count - he's a street FA.

Fitz was a FA as was Hang. Both played and started at times (in Fitz's case). So that would even out Crowell and Jabari.

I totally forgot about Fitz. :doh:

DraftBoy
03-09-2010, 10:47 AM
We could be awarded a net value comp pick in Round 7, and we are 4th in line for a non-comp pick;

If Arizona, Baltimore and/or Buffalo receive net-value comp picks, they would come after Oakland's net-value pick in the seventh round.

Any combination of these additional comp picks and/or fewer comp picks being awarded could increase or reduce the number of non-compensatory picks added to the end of the draft. As I mentioned earlier, the next five teams in line for non-compensatory picks are Cleveland, Oakland, Seattle, Buffalo and Chicago.