Hits and misses: Which CBs can't tackle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Hits and misses: Which CBs can't tackle?

Reggie Corner of the Buffalo Bills rated highest in the AFC East. His TIR of 7.14 (52 solos, four misses) tied with Denver Broncos star Champ Bailey for ninth in the league.

But the other two Bills on the chart were way down. Terrence McGee was tied for 69th with a 14.89 TIR (40 solos, seven misses), while Drayton Florence was 63rd with a 13.46 TIR (45 solos, seven misses).

The crew at ProFootballFocus.com continues to churn out fascinatingly offbeat stats to evaluate player performance.Their latest research grades out the best and worst tacklers in the defensive backfield.
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Re: Hits and misses: Which CBs can't tackle?

That is very surprising about Florence and McGee. They both tackled very well last season. Florence in particular.

I think those stats have more to do with the fact that we got abused in the run game and Florence and McGee were victims of that.

When Corner is on the field it is usually a passing down and he does well tackling receivers after the catch.

Comment

• Raptor
      • Jan 2009

He was known for his ability to support the run defense in college plus he played a lot in the slot which would allow him to be in position to make more attempts at tackles.

I like RC as a nickel and dime CB, where we can take advantage of his quickness and tackling ability. Dont like him as much on the outside where his straight line speed can be exploited by other teams

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

This is a reason I said Im a little concerned about McGee out there on the corner, the 3-4 is a lot more man coverage (traditionally speaking) and McGee has to become a better tackler or else he will be consistently targeted when left in man to man.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          This is a reason I said Im a little concerned about McGee out there on the corner, the 3-4 is a lot more man coverage (traditionally speaking) and McGee has to become a better tackler or else he will be consistently targeted when left in man to man.
          I've actually been wondering about our coverage scheme. I remember reading a Tim Graham write-up where Rex Ryan talked our switch to the 3-4. He made the point that the switch shouldn't be too hard if we're keeping the same coverage (which is possible, GB runs zone), and just changing the front 7.

Switching to man coverage would make me even more worried about this system change.
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Working...
          X