PDA

View Full Version : Bills to meet with Brandon Spikes

Mahdi
03-09-2010, 09:36 AM
I would love to have Spikes in the middle of this defense. Many will disagree with this but IMO, Spikes is and will be a better player in the NFL than Rolando McClain.

Spikes plays with more intensity and more emotion IMO and he has great instincts.

His leadership qualities are also more significant than McClain's.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/09/browns-to-conduct-private-workout-with-spikes/

k-oneputt
03-09-2010, 09:39 AM
I would love to get Spikes, especially if he lasts till the 3rd rd. Some guys are ballers and some run well at the combine. Spikes is a player who will play a long time in the league.

Mahdi
03-09-2010, 09:43 AM
I would love to get Spikes, especially if he lasts till the 3rd rd. Some guys are ballers and some run well at the combine. Spikes is a player who will play a long time in the league.
Spikes will be long gone by the 3rd. I think top of the second is latest.

k-oneputt
03-09-2010, 09:47 AM
As much as I like him I don't want to use the 41st {?} pick on him.

Dicknoze69
03-09-2010, 09:54 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/09/browns-to-conduct-private-workout-with-spikes/

gonzo1105
03-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Apparently you didn't hear that Spikes was limited in range. He doesn't have great timed speed and that he is a thumper someone in the middle who can't range from sideline to sideline. He has a chance of lasting until the 3rd round now

christhebillsfan783
03-09-2010, 10:02 AM
great... another overrated gator. Just hope he dosen't poke anyone's eyes out.

justasportsfan
03-09-2010, 10:05 AM
the bills are doing their due diligence. THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!

Saratoga Slim
03-09-2010, 10:06 AM

meeting with the guy is one step towards determining whether he's overrated.

I don't know what people's problem is with the FO conducting due diligence. I'd like to see them workout every dude that might be even marginally interesting. Why the hell not?

Mr. Miyagi
03-09-2010, 10:19 AM
It's all posturing. Come on people why do we not get it year after year?

k-oneputt
03-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Apparently you didn't hear that Spikes was limited in range. He doesn't have great timed speed and that he is a thumper someone in the middle who can't range from sideline to sideline. He has a chance of lasting until the 3rd round now

I know all about that, and thats why I'm hoping for the 3rd rd.
He will be a super inside 3-4 lb. And his leadership is something greatly needed on this team.

Mahdi
03-09-2010, 10:33 AM
You will hear a ton of things from here till draft day that are inaccurate. I think Spikes would be perfect as a 3-4 ILB where range is not an issue anyway.

He will not last till the 3rd round because every team values something. 3-4 teams value toughness, size, and power for ILBs and Spikes has all those things plus leadership.

Some teams value coverage the most so they will want Weatherspoon.

I really think Weatherspoon should be the first ILB taken in the draft followed by Spikes and McClain.

k-oneputt
03-09-2010, 10:35 AM

I think you mean the overrated Nittney Lions and other Big-10 players on this team.

I would gladly take him

zone
03-09-2010, 10:37 AM
I like Spikes.

DraftBoy
03-09-2010, 10:39 AM
You will hear a ton of things from here till draft day that are inaccurate. I think Spikes would be perfect as a 3-4 ILB where range is not an issue anyway.

He will not last till the 3rd round because every team values something. 3-4 teams value toughness, size, and power for ILBs and Spikes has all those things plus leadership.

Some teams value coverage the most so they will want Weatherspoon.

I really think Weatherspoon should be the first ILB taken in the draft followed by Spikes and McClain.

I have to disagree strongly that his range wouldn't be an issue with the 3-4, he still has to cover half the field and his recognition skills are not top flight likes McClain's are. He struggles to get off blocks and while he is a violent hitter, his tackling technique can get sloppy. Id love him in Round 3, but not before that. Ive dropped him to my #4 ILB behind McClain, Witherspoon, and Angerer in that order.

k-oneputt
03-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Spikes will go before Angerer.
And I like Angerer too.

DraftBoy
03-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Spikes will go before Angerer.
And I like Angerer too.

I agree, I think he will too, but I like Angerer better.

we are
03-09-2010, 11:07 AM
I think you mean the overrated Nittney Lions and other Big-10 players on this team.

I would gladly take him

lol

k-oneputt
03-09-2010, 11:11 AM
lol

You want to really lol ?

Poz, Maybin, Whitner, Youboty. A big reason this team sucks. Nice overrated picks. Even Evans who is really a #2.

tampabay25690
03-09-2010, 07:24 PM

BE SERIOUS 3rd round???

tampabay25690
03-09-2010, 07:26 PM

U ever watch the guy play???

JCBills
03-09-2010, 10:49 PM
I agree, I think he will too, but I like Angerer better.

Yeah, but that's a MACK vs MIKE deal.

DraftBoy
03-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Yeah, but that's a MACK vs MIKE deal.

Im talking about strictly a break down of skills and how they translate to the NFL, not next level position.

gonzo1105
03-09-2010, 11:52 PM
U ever watch the guy play???

yea actually i have as a Florida State fan. He is a thumper a guy who can lay the wood but is not agile sideline to sideline. Its easy to be covered up when you have some of the best college football talent on defense. He is a guy who will kick ur butt if he can get his hands on you. He is a lot like Channing Crowder who came out of there as well.

tampabay25690
03-10-2010, 04:14 AM
yea actually i have as a Florida State fan. He is a thumper a guy who can lay the wood but is not agile sideline to sideline. Its easy to be covered up when you have some of the best college football talent on defense. He is a guy who will kick ur butt if he can get his hands on you. He is a lot like Channing Crowder who came out of there as well.

He will work very well in a 3-4

SaviorEdwards
03-10-2010, 04:33 AM
im a big fan of branden 'eye gouge takeo' Spikes, he's a solid young man. I look forward to seeing opposing players retinas laying all over the artificial turf and spikes punting the ball into the crowd when he scores TDs from fumble recoveries. this would be a solid pick up.

X-Era
03-10-2010, 05:42 AM
Hes one of my favorite players in the whole draft. He plays with his hair on fire, bring an attitude to the game. He would be an asset, IMO, to this team.

JCBills
03-10-2010, 07:29 AM
Im talking about strictly a break down of skills and how they translate to the NFL, not next level position.

Lol well I think they're kind of linked, how someone's skills translate to the NFL can determine their position.

DraftBoy
03-10-2010, 07:34 AM
Lol well I think they're kind of linked, how someone's skills translate to the NFL can determine their position.
Yes and no, its possible to evaluate somebody as purely a football player and not just as a set in stone player at X position. Look at guys liek Harvin, McCluster, Randle El, etc.

If you can't take a guy and say he can do this, this, and this well without thinking about only one position he can play you are doing yourself a diservice. I look at a players fundamental football skills first, then I look at the potential positions they can play and their specific skills for that posisition.

k-oneputt
03-17-2010, 01:49 PM
Yes I'd take him in the 3rd.

X-Era
03-17-2010, 05:18 PM
I would love to have Spikes in the middle of this defense. Many will disagree with this but IMO, Spikes is and will be a better player in the NFL than Rolando McClain.

Spikes plays with more intensity and more emotion IMO and he has great instincts.

His leadership qualities are also more significant than McClain's.

So, its interesting.

I think the Bills are interviewing guys that they may want for their second rounder:

Tebow
McCoy
Spikes

It almost seems like they are set on their 1st. Spiller is the only interview that I can think of that would fit for the 9 pick.

tampabay25690
03-17-2010, 08:12 PM
Well I wouldnt be upset if we drafted Spiller at #9 but I think Seattle may jump on him IMO.......

SaviorEdwards
03-17-2010, 08:14 PM
Well I wouldnt be upset if we drafted Spiller at #9 but I think Seattle may jump on him IMO.......

i would be. spiller and berry are awesome players but we can't afford to make picks like that.

tampabay25690
03-17-2010, 08:37 PM
i would be. spiller and berry are awesome players but we can't afford to make picks like that.

Berry I can see because are zsecondary is our strongest part of this team.
Spiller is a special player and u dont pass on special players IMO.....