PDA

View Full Version : QB Derek Anderson released

Raptor
03-09-2010, 02:02 PM
Derek Anderon's rollercoaster career in Cleveland has come to its logical conclusion.

The Browns released Anderson Tuesday, well aware that no one wanted him via trade with a monster roster bonus due in ten days.

The Oregon State product was picked off the waiver wire in one of former G.M. Phil Savage's best moves, and made the Pro Bowl in 2007 on the strength of vertical passing and an easy schedule.

Things fell apart dramatically since, as Anderson's accuracy and decision-making were among the league's worst the last two years.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/09/derek-anderson-is-done-in-cleveland/

Raptor
03-09-2010, 02:03 PM
I dont like him but I thought I would note it just for a topic for convo

Slim
03-09-2010, 02:03 PM
I REALLY hope the Bills won't even sniff this guy.

more cowbell
03-09-2010, 02:04 PM
I'm willing to bet he comes in for a visit

Buddo
03-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Any QB we have on our roster atm, is better than Anderson. Nice that he got at least one big pay day, bu I wouldn't touch him with anybody elses.

Buddo
03-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Any QB we have on our roster atm, is better than Anderson. Nice that he got at least one big pay day, but I wouldn't touch him with anybody elses.

Italian Stallion
03-09-2010, 02:15 PM

Yep and then he will have a "press conference" with the media whilst Chris Brown blogs about how he "reeeeeeeeeeeeeally isn't that bad guuuyysss..he always helped the old ladies of cleveland take their grocery bags to their cars at night and GOSH DARN IT, HE TRIES SO HARD!...and Nix loves that about him" or some complete garbage like that.

Why? Just so they can truly gauge how pissed everyone will be when we sign him.

Then they will overpay him by bidding against themselves :brilliant:

How's my accuracy on this one guys?

NorthCarBills
03-09-2010, 02:28 PM

I would not go against that bet at all.

bigbub2352
03-09-2010, 02:39 PM
i would take a flyer on him for sure, see what Gailey can do with him....cut edwards

Night Train
03-09-2010, 03:00 PM
I don't like him at all... and he's still twice as good as Edwards, which speaks volumes.

OpIv37
03-09-2010, 03:19 PM
why bother? We have no OL and no WR's.

mysticsoto
03-09-2010, 03:28 PM
why bother? We have no OL and no WR's.

We have OL...we could use a top LT, but our interior is pretty good. I think Meredith will be better than Green at RT, but I'll wait til training camp and preseason to confirm that. It may be that Green is better at run blocking and if that's what they actually intend to do - namely RUN (which I fully support) then that also takes pressure of the QB and even WRs...

I always have preferred us to be a run first team. Even when Mularkey made claims that we would be a run 1st, smash mouth running offense that he really never implemented.

ChristopherWalken
03-09-2010, 03:31 PM
This guy was out played by Brady Quinn.

The QB position battle would closely resemble a Special Olympic try out.

SABURZFAN
03-09-2010, 03:37 PM
This guy was out played by Brady Quinn.

The QB position battle would closely resemble a Special Olympic try out.

it looked like that last year.

THATHURMANATOR
03-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Any QB we have on our roster atm, is better than Anderson. Nice that he got at least one big pay day, bu I wouldn't touch him with anybody elses.
While I don't like Anderson at all, none of our current QBs could even dream about putting together a season like Anderson did 2 years ago.

patmoran2006
03-09-2010, 04:05 PM
Im already hearing that quite the market is forming for Anderson.

Seems poor personnel and coaching in a lot of people's minds contributed to his crappy play.

clumping platelets
03-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Im already hearing that quite the market is forming for Anderson.

Seems poor personnel and coaching in a lot of people's minds contributed to his crappy play.

then why would he wanna come here?

better days
03-09-2010, 04:41 PM
then why would he wanna come here?

Because this is the only NFL team that he would have a chance in hell of starting on. As someone already said, as bad as he is, he is better than what we have now.

jamze132
03-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Anderson is far from a horrible QB. He suffered from piss poor coaching, much like our QBs did. I would love to bring him in here and let him compete with Edwards and Brohm for the job. Give Fitz his walking papers.

Thief
03-09-2010, 04:47 PM
You know, this is a case where I believe the crap over on that side of the fence is just as crappy as the crap on this side. Every excuse that can be made for Anderson's crappyness can be made for the crappiness of our stooges. I don't want more crappiness or more excuses.

dannyek71
03-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Not long ago when CLE has 2 qbs

better days
03-09-2010, 04:59 PM
You know, this is a case where I believe the crap over on that side of the fence is just as crappy as the crap on this side. Every excuse that can be made for Anderson's crappyness can be made for the crappiness of our stooges. I don't want more crappiness or more excuses.

So you would rather keep the crap you know than throw it away for different crap that may be better crap if shined up.

X-Era
03-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Derek Anderon's rollercoaster career in Cleveland has come to its logical conclusion.

The Browns released Anderson Tuesday, well aware that no one wanted him via trade with a monster roster bonus due in ten days.

The Oregon State product was picked off the waiver wire in one of former G.M. Phil Savage's best moves, and made the Pro Bowl in 2007 on the strength of vertical passing and an easy schedule.

Things fell apart dramatically since, as Anderson's accuracy and decision-making were among the league's worst the last two years.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/09/derek-anderson-is-done-in-cleveland/

I have absolutely zero interest in him. We have a plethora of never has beens already, we need a a franchise guy. The backup spot is well, well, covered.

BertSquirtgum
03-09-2010, 09:25 PM
what ever made this guy so good to begin with? if i remember correctly the browns paid this guy 10 million a year right? when did he have that phenomenal year to make him so highly paid? by the way, trent sucks and he is still better than this bum.

edit: he had a good year in 2007 but in no way should have been making huge dollars. browns must have thought they found something special.

i didn't realize he is only 26. is it really not worth it to bring him in? i know he sucks but then we can have four sh**ty quarterbacks fighting for the job. maybe that will make one of them a millimeter better than the other.

Philagape
03-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Who can forget the epic Anderson-Edwards battle in the blizzard in 2007????
Who, I ask?????

BertSquirtgum
03-09-2010, 09:36 PM
Who can forget the epic Anderson-Edwards battle in the blizzard in 2007????
Who, I ask?????

i will probably never forget. i was riding my snowmobile that day sitting in a bar watching the game.

mysticsoto
03-10-2010, 07:05 AM
I have absolutely zero interest in him. We have a plethora of never has beens already, we need a a franchise guy. The backup spot is well, well, covered.

But if there is no franchise guy available, then it makes sense to let him compete with our has-beens and see which one comes out on top UNTIL we can get a franchise guy. All indications are that we will not be able to obtain a franchise QB this year. The draft is weak in QBs and we still need a premier LT since we let Peters walk without an adequate plan to replace him.

Throne Logic
03-10-2010, 08:19 AM
I'd rather see what Chan can do with Edwards and Brohm. Grabbing Cleveland's castoffs is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

trapezeus
03-10-2010, 08:32 AM
i don't want anderson, but i like that in a frustrated email he sent to the cleveland newspaper that he said the cleveland fans don't deserve a winner because they cheered his injury in 2008....

can't argue with that.