PDA

View Full Version : Schobel Update

psubills62
03-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Bills OLB Aaron Schobel revealed that he underwent a scope on his elbow three weeks ago.
Schobel insists he's still not ready to make a decision on retirement, but he confirmed that he wants to stay in Buffalo if he plays. Schobel is also willing to wait on his $2 million guaranteed roster bonus. Optimistic Bills fans will note that Schobel may have bypassed on the scope if he wasn't leaning toward another season.
From rotoworld.com, indirectly from Buffalo News

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/03/09/982171/schobel-pondering-future-not-his.html

Night Train
03-09-2010, 02:58 PM
That's nice...but he fits this new scheme about as well as Rosie O' Donnell fits the Rockettes.

Would Houston or Dallas want him in a trade ?

psubills62
03-09-2010, 03:03 PM
That's nice...but he fits this new scheme about as well as Rosie O' Donnell fits the Rockettes.

Would Houston or Dallas want him in a trade ?

Doubt it. The subtitle of the article says "Wants to stay in Buffalo if he plays."

I know football is a business. But the Bills have been very courteous to Schobel up to this point. I have a hard time believing that if he decided to return, they'd start shopping him around. Schobel wouldn't be happy about it and how much leverage would we really have in trade talks? It's pretty easy to guess that he'd just threaten to retire if he's traded.

I don't think he's that bad of a fit. His coverage skills are obviously lacking, but he could be a decent OLB.

Night Train
03-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Right now, The Bills are trying to convert Maybin, Kelsay, Ellis & Schobel to OLB. Schobel hates OTA's and never shows unless he has to.

Color me very skeptical.

Griz78
03-09-2010, 03:11 PM
I'd rather have Schobel play OLB than take a chance on a bum the Bills may sign in Free Agency.

patmoran2006
03-09-2010, 03:16 PM
I originally hoped he'd retire since he doesn't seem to fit and the the Bills could spend his money elsewhere.

But I'm quickly realizing Wilson isnt' going to spend it regardless, so now I've reversed stance and hope he comes back.

JCBills
03-09-2010, 04:26 PM
I don't know what to hope for.

jamze132
03-09-2010, 04:34 PM
I have a hard time believing he is going to pass up $6.5M by retiring. The guy will be here and will give the 3-4 a chance. He might actually surprise some folks.

ZAZusmc03
03-09-2010, 04:36 PM
I'd like to see him return and try his hand in the 3-4. If he can't do it, then he can go ahead and retire. Either way, I appreciate his loyalty to the team and to this city, Regardless of what people think of his play on the field.

Syderick
03-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Well it depends now. If we're going to be rebuilding for a couple years he might not want to come back.

JCBills
03-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Well it depends now. If we're going to be rebuilding for a couple years he might not want to come back.

Lol we've been rebuilding since before he was even a Bill.

better days
03-09-2010, 05:04 PM

Where do you get the if? Nix has already said it will take a couple years.

Syderick
03-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Just saying, how they suppose to talk to him out of retirement, by telling him they're going to rebuild again.

ChanGailey
03-10-2010, 08:29 AM
He'll look just like bryce paup comin off that edge!