PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Jones signs with KC

patmoran2006
03-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Good.. That man killed us for 319 rushing yards in 2 games last year.

Michael82
03-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Looks like he didnt want that hometown discount. :phew:

SABURZFAN
03-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Looks like he didnt want that hometown discount. :phew:

i don't blame him. he doesn't have much time left in the NFL.

patmoran2006
03-09-2010, 04:27 PM
GREAT, GREAT pickup for KC especially at that price.

Jones ran for 1400 yards last year.
That's a total steal for them.

They resigned chambers yesterday, they are improving that offense.

YardRat
03-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Shonn Greene is no slouch.

trapezeus
03-09-2010, 05:14 PM
we'll see how much the jets OL helped the RB or if the backs are really that good.

if thomas jones plays well, then i got it all wrong.

Griff
03-09-2010, 05:15 PM
As long as that line stays intact they could have my dead grandmother run for 1000 yards

BILLSROCK1212
03-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Jamaal Charles, Kolby Smith, and Thomas Jones...that ****s LETHAL

BleedinGreenNC
03-10-2010, 06:20 AM

Greene will fill in just fine.

FlyingDutchman
03-10-2010, 06:59 AM
Interesting. I wonder how theyll split carries. I thought Jamaal Charles was one of the best up and coming backs in the league by far

Italian Stallion
03-10-2010, 07:10 AM

Yeah except we DO play the Chiefs this year...so yeah.

Ickybaluky
03-10-2010, 07:24 AM
Greene will fill in just fine.

If I were a Jets fan, I'd be angry. They cut Jones in an uncapped year to save money, when they have a team that looks like they can compete for a championship.

People underestimate what they lose with Jones, and they are going to have to bring in another back to replace him. And, while Greene looked good running the ball, there is a big difference between being a back who rotates in and being the lead dog.

Think of the risk:

- Greene needs to show he can hold up over the long haul. Jones has been a bell cow for years.

- Can Greene handle the full offense? Greene was a Juco transfer at Iowa who struggled academically, and one of the questions with him coming out of college was his intelligence. Jones was a smart player, he knew protections, he could read a defense pre-snap and adjust. Will Greene execute when running the full offense all game long? Can he execute the protections and pick up blitzers, which takes coordination with the OL?

- Jones lost 2 fumbles in the last 4 years, a span of over 1200 carries. Greene lost 3 fumbles just last year, in only 108 carries. It doesn't matter how well he runs if he gives the ball up every 35 times he touches it.

- Green had no catches last year. Zero. Can he be a threat in the passing game? Does he know where to go and when to release as a safety valve? This also relates to pass protection, as it takes a feel for the defense for a RB to know when to release into his pattern.

Greene has talent, but there is a big difference between being the guy coming off the bench and being the lead back. By cutting Jones, the Jets took a risk by taking away the safety net for Greene, in order to save some money. Given they weren't that far off from a Super Bowl last year, do you think that wise?