PDA

View Full Version : There goes Jamaal Williams

patmoran2006
03-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Signs with Denver, huge day for them on the DL with Williams and Green

YardRat
03-09-2010, 04:45 PM
That sucks...nice moves by the Broncos though.

Slim
03-09-2010, 04:46 PM
UGH

patmoran2006
03-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Absolutely

better days
03-09-2010, 04:49 PM
I think Pat Bolen made a huge mistake when he fired Mike Shannahan & an even bigger mistake with the guy he replaced him with.

The Donkeys will be down for years because of this IMO.

patmoran2006
03-09-2010, 04:51 PM
Im at the point I cant even write any columns on my website for the time being, because to be honest I have absolutely NOTHING positive to say about the Bills organization, and I"m "supposed" to be emotionally detached from this team and report news.

But Its early March and you can already throw 2010 out the window for this team, and PRAY that Nix finally gets it right in the draft.

This team is going to be awful in 2010.

And I still am not convinced they have any kind of real plan, I honestly think they're winging it for as cheap as possible.

YOu have no interest in briging back aging WR's in Owens and Reed cause we're rebuilding, then you go out and sign a 11 year vet who's been terrible on a terrible Oakland OL to be your new RT.

Just a brutal organization, which they way they're going could easily be on the clock for the 2011 NFL draft the second the 2010 regular season ends.

patmoran2006
03-09-2010, 04:54 PM
BTW, Broncos also signed Justin Bannon last week.

That's a brand new DL in less than a week

Dujek
03-09-2010, 04:55 PM
Pat, as others have already stated, Nix said the Bills wouldn't be making big splashes in FA and will build through the draft. Why are you surprised at this?

patmoran2006
03-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Pat, as others have already stated, Nix said the Bills wouldn't be making big splashes in FA and will build through the draft. Why are you surprised at this?

You dont have to be surprised to be frustrated.

In ways I'm different than others.. I hear statements, talk to people and jump to different conclusions.

In other years, sure its still the first week.. But in this FA class if you want any real talent you can't afford to wait around for a long time.. The talent pool is VERY THIN.

maybe they draft like Gods.. But here's a fact you can bank on next year.. With no cap, the Bills are on their way to being the lowest spending team in the NFL.

X-Era
03-09-2010, 05:12 PM
This team has no interest in a free agent NT IMO. I think its clear. They would have had some guys in or even one if they wanted to fill this spot via free agency.

I think we are likely to want to address this solely through the draft.

Griz78
03-09-2010, 07:14 PM
We need to draft a NT, all the good ones get drafted and stay with their teams for years.

I think we want Locker next year so we are tanking.

dasaybz
03-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Seriously, who gives a ****. This dude is totally washed up.

Don't Panic
03-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Green would have been nice... I would have liked him. I guess they feel confident in Johnson and Stroud being our only veteran DEs. Pat, I agree it would have been nice to get the guys Denver got, but I cannot lay on judgment on this FO until the draft. Sure, there's nothing to talk about this time around, but as you said, it is a very thin class and there wasn't going to be much to talk about anyway in FA.

Pinkerton Security
03-09-2010, 09:24 PM
DAAAAMNIT!!! I guess he just made too much sense eh?!

SirMcGee
03-09-2010, 10:16 PM
DAAAAMNIT!!! I guess he just made too much sense eh?!

He's not the NT he once was. Get over it.

TheBrownBear
03-09-2010, 11:25 PM
I live in SoCal. Williams is done as a top line player. He might be serviceable at best. And you don't rebuild with oft-injured 30-something serviceable guys.

SeatownBillsFan21
03-10-2010, 12:09 AM
That Does NOT make it OK

BuffaloBillsHeart
03-10-2010, 01:47 AM
Im at the point I cant even write any columns on my website for the time being, because to be honest I have absolutely NOTHING positive to say about the Bills organization, and I"m "supposed" to be emotionally detached from this team and report news.

But Its early March and you can already throw 2010 out the window for this team, and PRAY that Nix finally gets it right in the draft.

And I still am not convinced they have any kind of real plan, I honestly think they're winging it for as cheap as possible.

YOu have no interest in briging back aging WR's in Owens and Reed cause we're rebuilding, then you go out and sign a 11 year vet who's been terrible on a terrible Oakland OL to be your new RT.

Just a brutal organization, which they way they're going could easily be on the clock for the 2011 NFL draft the second the 2010 regular season ends.

Pat, I COMPLETELY agree with everything you just said. I seriously, too, believe Ralph is limiting Buddy a lot in free agency because he's bloody cheap that old senile man. A lot of people on a site called Buffalo Rumblings claim that we finally have a GM that follows a plan and that we thereby should be happy. If Buddy's plan is to build through ONLY the draft, it'll take 4-5 years before we're competitive again by which time Buddy and Chan will be fired.

:goodpost:

Dujek
03-10-2010, 03:41 AM
That Does NOT make it OK

We've tried the FA quick fix route for the past decade, and it's got us nowhere.

Successful teams build through the draft and then maybe add a few pieces through FA, it may mean that we suffer another couple of lean years, but it's a better long term strategy than what's going on in DC.

SeatownBillsFan21
03-10-2010, 03:45 AM
We've tried the FA quick fix route for the past decade, and it's got us nowhere.

Successful teams build through the draft and then maybe add a few pieces through FA, it may mean that we suffer another couple of lean years, but it's a better long term strategy than what's going on in DC.
In a couple lean years this team will be gone

mysticsoto
03-10-2010, 07:02 AM

Then be honest and slam them in your column. Building a team thru the draft is good, but you still need to help out w/FA and they've done absolutely nothing.

I'm at the point where I'm not buying or giving them any more of my money until I start seeing results on the field. People can ***** about, well if you don't they'll just move. I don't care anymore. I'm not going to keep supporting a team that is below mediocre every year...year after year after year.

Don't tell me things can't change in one year b'cse other teams have done it! Period. In fact, that sounds like a good article in the making Pat...explore all the teams that have done a turnaround in one year in recent times and what they did to do it. Then, part II could be to compare what the Bills could have done based on FAs available that might have followed in those other teams footsteps. Given that the team is doing nothing, we have to enter the what-if realm.

Pinkerton Security
03-10-2010, 08:20 AM
He's not the NT he once was. Get over it.

im already over it, thank you very much for the insightful post. what i wont get over is the fact that he would have plugged a gaping hole in our needs and instead of needing to draft a NT, we could have focused on other needs.

madness
03-10-2010, 08:22 AM
I live in SoCal. Williams is done as a top line player. He might be serviceable at best. And you don't rebuild with oft-injured 30-something serviceable guys.

I think Nix more than anyone knows this. Pass on all these older vets on the downside of their career. Let other teams pick them up so they feel the priority to fill that position in the draft isn't as big and can wait a round or two. This gives the Bills a better shot at getting their top guys.

In previous years of FA, these same level of players were the ones getting signed after the draft.

Pinkerton Security
03-10-2010, 08:31 AM
I think Nix more than anyone knows this. Pass on all these older vets on the downside of their career. Let other teams pick them up so they feel the priority to fill that position in the draft isn't as big and can wait a round or two. This gives the Bills a better shot at getting their top guys.

In previous years of FA, these same level of players were the ones getting signed after the draft.

yeah but you cant rely on drafting for EVERY need, especially us. sometimes it is the best thing to fill a hole until next year...however if they plan on drafting a NT anyways, then I guess i can understand not picking someone up.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-10-2010, 08:32 AM
I want one of these young stud NT's. Williams, Cody, Joesph, or Thomas and in that order.

madness
03-10-2010, 08:53 AM
yeah but you cant rely on drafting for EVERY need, especially us. sometimes it is the best thing to fill a hole until next year...however if they plan on drafting a NT anyways, then I guess i can understand not picking someone up.

I agree, we're not going to pickup every need in a single year but I like Nix's approach so far. Some teams are just jumping the gun and overpaying guys because of the lack depth in FA. There's around 200 RFA that would have been UFA this year. Last year, if you were over 30 and not a high tier FA, you weren't getting picked up until after the draft.