PDA

View Full Version : Best of the Rest

patmoran2006
03-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Here is what is currently available as I’d call the best of the rest. These are all unrestricted free agents.
I didn’t bother to include running backs and offensive tackles because we won’t be signing any (at least not any we’ve heard of). I also didn’t include defensive backs because it’s a position we’re pretty stacked at.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Quarterbacks: Derek Anderson, Jake Delhomme
Wide Receivers: Antonio Bryant, Kelley Washington, Mushin Muhammad, Torry Holt
Tight Ends: Ben Watson,
Offensive Lineman: Wade Smith, Mike Gandy, Rex Hadnot, Kevin Mawae
Defensive Ends: Jason Taylor, Marques Douglas, Dwan Edwards

Defensive Tackles: Maake Kemoeatu, Jimmy Kennedy, Bryan Robinson, Nick Eason
Linebackers: Joey Porter, Keith Bullock, Larry Foote, Ryan Fowler
<o:p> </o:p>
Summary: If we want any one of any type of impact, its looking like a RFA signing and/or a trade.

gonzo1105
03-09-2010, 05:19 PM
I dont think Buffalo is going to sign any of the "name" FA's that are going to cost 9 or 10 million guaranteed. They just aren't worth it. I just saw where Justin Bannan got a 5 year deal worth 22 million dollars with 10.5 million of it guaranteed. Sure it would be nice to have Justin Bannan in a 3-4 rotation but is he really worth 22 million with half of it guaranteed. I dont think so.

Slim
03-09-2010, 05:25 PM
The Bills will probably end up with ONE of those free agents when it's all said and done.

patmoran2006
03-09-2010, 05:32 PM
The point was that's a terrible list.

This isnt like other years.. If you want any players that actually matter, you cant afford to just sit back and wait for the market to drop off.

Well you can, if you want to go after the Ryan Denney and Joe Klopfenstein's of the league.

Nix is a "football" guy.. I really hope he's smart enough to pursue a trade or two.

This is the least talented team in the NFL right now in my opinion, besides maybe the Rams

YardRat
03-09-2010, 05:34 PM
I wouldn't mind grabbing a RFA via trade, but would very much prefer to dump some of our own dead weight for picks first, before letting go of any of the 9 we have right now.

DynaPaul
03-09-2010, 05:36 PM
I can't believe Mike Gandy is on that list. He sucks!

patmoran2006
03-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Nick Eason is a DE, not DT.. My bad

Plus, doesnt matter anyway.. He's very likely to sign with Arizona, as is Porter

Syderick
03-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Here is what is currently available as I’d call the best of the rest. These are all unrestricted free agents.
I didn’t bother to include running backs and offensive tackles because we won’t be signing any (at least not any we’ve heard of). I also didn’t include defensive backs because it’s a position we’re pretty stacked at.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Quarterbacks: Derek Anderson, Jake Delhomme
Wide Receivers: Antonio Bryant, Kelley Washington, Mushin Muhammad, Torry Holt
Tight Ends: Ben Watson,
Offensive Lineman: Wade Smith, Mike Gandy, Rex Hadnot, Kevin Mawae
Defensive Ends: Jason Taylor, Marques Douglas, Dwan Edwards

Defensive Tackles: Maake Kemoeatu, Jimmy Kennedy, Bryan Robinson, Nick Eason
Linebackers: Joey Porter, Keith Bullock, Larry Foote, Ryan Fowler
<o:p></o:p>
Summary: If we want any one of any type of impact, its looking like a RFA signing and/or a trade.

The only players i'd be interested in.

zone
03-09-2010, 06:14 PM
You should change the name of that list to "names people have heard of", because the word best should not be used to describe 95% of that list.

Akhippo
03-09-2010, 06:53 PM
Thats why this next year has to be a writeoff year. Dont expect much because you arent going to get much.

Anybody expecting to mine this FA period for any long term help or cornerstones should give that up now. This offseason and coming season should be to build a foundation with solid picks and playing time.

Hopefuly next year there is a CBA in place that will free alot of the RFA's this year, plus the group that was suppose to come out.

The goal in the next year should be to get a QB, LT and NT through the draft that are studs. Fill in the blanks with a bigger and better FA class next year (hopefully) and 2011 playoffs (hopefully).

Raptor
03-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Honestly whats the point of looking at FA list, the Bills have made it pretty clear there staying out of FA'cy for the most part this year

That said Gailey and Nix sure better know how to draft or this is going to get real ugly real fast